Mike Twitter/Instagram Live Q&A

RogueSoul

Mike went on Twitter today to have an impromptu Q&A, then went onto Instagram Live to talk about some stuff in more detail. He's a recap of what he said:

• Mike's working on making the CB Signature pins available - they'll likely be available in silver so the bronze ones stay unique.
  • Mike's laptop has been saved! He was mostly concerned with losing some of the videos he's working on for new music as all the new music is saved.
  • He's not sure what the setlist for the shows are going to look like. The shows will be like the 2015 Fort Minor shows, just, according to Mike, with more lights.
  • Phoenix joked around the day of the tour announcement and asked Mike if he needed a bass player for the shows.
  • He wished the LPAmbassadors happy birthday!
  • On the subject of where he'll be playing shows: it's all about making noise. If you want Mike to play near you, you have to make sure you're making it known in your area that people want to see Mike Shinoda live so that the local agents and promoters know there's demand. So call into your local radio stations, share the music on social media, email local magazines - do everything you can if you want Mike in your area!
  • Mike's going to send our love to Brad and Phoenix when he sees them later today, then it's back to the studio.

Nothing too big was said, but it's nice to know he's working on new music still (new videos might mean some more music is closer than we think!) and still talking to the band. Perhaps we should start some sort of campaign to make sure Mike doesn't miss out on some big markets because the lack of demand - as he said, we have to make some noise. Let us know what you think!

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more updates.

Do you guys think Mike will put out a full album eventually? I always hoped that Chester would with STP, but they only did that one EP. A full album would be badass.

I think he will release more EPs and they will also be called "Post Traumatic" and then eventually it will become like one album. I'm just guessing.

That would be interesting. MCR kind of did that with Conventional Weapons, where they released 2 tracks at a time over a period of time and eventually it was one full album: Conventional Weapons.

nobody asked him about lpu cd? :blink:

We probably won’t get one. I never believed that they would give us one down the line or whatever. LPU music each year is probably done, I don’t think we will get one with LPU18, either. I don’t even care anymore personally, though. As I’ve said for a few years now, we never much get demos of songs that actually made main albums, which are the only ones I like.

I loved his little rant on being called Mike Shinoda vs. Fort Minor.

Who cares what he calls himself as long as we keep getting music.

I know right, I thought that was pretty funny. Different name but its still Mike behind he music.

Looking forward to more new music/videos that he alluded to. Maybe the release format going forward for this project is just a series of EPs. Not forcing an album. That's fine with me because we get new music sooner rather than later.

I wonder what the extent of the touring is. For once, there is no Linkin Park obligation on the backend of this project. This could actually go just through 2018, or could go all of next year or even into 2020.

One thing I'd like to see is real touring. None of the side projects had lengthy touring. Fort Minor got around but it was scattered headlining shows, festivals, and TV promo appearances... not actual legit tours. Yes I know there was like an 8 show USA tour... but that's short. Dead By Sunrise - even less "touring". It'd be great if Mike could get all over the world with tours on the continents. It's a one man show and he requires less down time between shows than Linkin Park did as a whole, so this could be possible. It all depends on what he wants to do.

There is potential for 18-20 date tours in North America and Europe and smaller tours in Asia, Australia/NZ, and South America over the course of the next few years. I hope he takes advantage of it since it's easy to do as just one guy, the shows would be intimate, and they'd be pretty enjoyable. Why not try it?

Whatever happens, I'm here for the ride.

Looking forward to more new music/videos that he alluded to. Maybe the release format going forward for this project is just a series of EPs. Not forcing an album. That's fine with me because we get new music sooner rather than later.

I wonder what the extent of the touring is. For once, there is no Linkin Park obligation on the backend of this project. This could actually go just through 2018, or could go all of next year or even into 2020.

One thing I'd like to see is real touring. None of the side projects had lengthy touring. Fort Minor got around but it was scattered headlining shows, festivals, and TV promo appearances... not actual legit tours. Yes I know there was like an 8 show USA tour... but that's short. Dead By Sunrise - even less "touring". It'd be great if Mike could get all over the world with tours on the continents. It's a one man show and he requires less down time between shows than Linkin Park did as a whole, so this could be possible. It all depends on what he wants to do.

There is potential for 18-20 date tours in North America and Europe and smaller tours in Asia, Australia/NZ, and South America over the course of the next few years. I hope he takes advantage of it since it's easy to do as just one guy, the shows would be intimate, and they'd be pretty enjoyable. Why not try it?

Whatever happens, I'm here for the ride.

I actually saw Fort Minor on that little U.S. Tour and it was pretty badass. I saw Dead By Sunrise a few times as well at a few U.S. shows. I wonder if this project gets bigger, if he will do a full scale tour. Like you said, he has all the time in the world now. I think 2018 will be a year of Mike Shinoda solo stuff - live and studio stuff. 2019 might bring some new ''Linkin Park'', but that could also be 2020. I don't think they are rushing into re-forming Linkin Park and putting out stuff ASAP and touring. I think it will take some time, like Mike has said a few times now. I don't think we will see it in 2018 at least, which is fine by me.

The problem with the side project tours is that they missed such large portions of the country. Fort Minor had one show in the southeast, Dead By Sunrise had zero. Texas had what, one from both projects combined? The northeast definitely was lucky as NYC is a huge market (Boston, DC too).

Would love to see this project go for a few years.

NIN also is doing a USA tour either this year or next. Could you imagine Mike opening that?

The problem with the side project tours is that they missed such large portions of the country. Fort Minor had one show in the southeast, Dead By Sunrise had zero. Texas had what, one from both projects combined? The northeast definitely was lucky as NYC is a huge market (Boston, DC too).

Would love to see this project go for a few years.

NIN also is doing a USA tour either this year or next. Could you imagine Mike opening that?

Yeah, they didn't cover much ground. But I believe Mike actually had to pay out of his own pocket to do those shows mostly, without much help from the label. I can imagine it was the same for Chester with the DBS shows in the U.S., etc. Luckily, I live 3 hours from NYC, like you said, and bands usually always play NYC. So I'm lucky in that sense. NYC and LA are always played by like 99% of bands and artists. That does really suck for people who don't live near either, damn.

But yeah, I think he will continue it for a few years. Definitely 2018, I think. Probably 2019, too.

Edited by Geki

Yeah it s awesome to see Mike talking with us, giving informations, it helps a lot having some music to jam to and some other to look forward, that s great IMO. About Mike/ FM confusion, that was fun ahah, I mean it s pretty confusing to have both the projects alive, but no matter where music comes from