Summer Sonic 2009 Info

hahninator

Summer Sonic 2009 info has been posted over at SummerSonic.com. The Summer Sonic official flyer with a list of all the bands, the dates they perform on, and more can be found here. Tickets are on sale on the Summer Sonic website.

Linkin Park will be performing with a number of other bands on the following dates:

-August 8, 2009 in Chiba City, Japan @ Chiba Marine Stadium

-August 9, 2009 in Osaka, Japan @ Maishima

The show goes from August 7th to August 9th, but it looks like Linkin Park will only be performing on those two dates unless there is something like they did in 2006 - a Summer Sonic "After" Festival. It basically looks like that there are 3 "groups" of bands. My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, and Beyonce are the headliners of the 3 groups. For example, group MCR plays the 7th in Tokyo and 8th in Osaka, group LP plays the 8th in Tokyo and the 9th in Osaka, while the last group plays in Osaka on the 7th and in Tokyo on the 9th. Confusing, but it looks like each band only plays two shows instead of three (which is my point).

Other bands playing on the stage before Linkin Park include Elvis Costello, Hollywood Undead, Placebo, The All-American Rejects, and more.

With that said, the 2009 page has been updated with these dates (we are as accurate as possible, of course):

08.08.2009 Chiba City, Japan, Chiba Marine Stadium, Summer Sonic Festival

09.08.2009 Osaka, Japan, Maishima, Summer Sonic Festival

woa wtf. Beyonce? Thats peculiar. And The AAR is suddenly with LP everywhere. I liked Move Along but i dont like their new album but the point is that this show will be epic. And i hope the same tapers as 06 show up to tape so we can get some nice bootlegs

:D

First off - NIN opening for MCR. What a joke. Never thought I would see that. Secondly, Beyonce? Seriously? You got Five Finger Death Punch, then Mastodon a little later, then finally... Beyonce? Give me a break.

This whole summer jaunt in Europe and Japan appears to be nothing more than a slightly extended LP version of "Get out of the studio" tour. They did only SS in 06 and now they are just doing a few more. Meaning, the way I see it now ( which totally blows me away considering I really and truly thought the album would be here by THIS summer for a PR 09 in the States) we will probably have an album out around the same time MTM came out: April/May '10 - and that totally blows.

First off - NIN opening for MCR. What a joke. Never thought I would see that. Secondly, Beyonce? Seriously? You got Five Finger Death Punch, then Mastodon a little later, then finally... Beyonce? Give me a break.

I don't think that flyer represents the actually order of the bands. Summer Sonic also has 2 stages, I don't think Mastodon shares the stage with Beyonce.

• 1 month later...

I think the main reason is that the crowds shut the fuck up while the shows. That's why the recordings are good and have almost no screaming idiots in them. Well that's just my theory

really? if you went to see linkin park you wouldnt scream or nothing? i cnt stop myself lol

really? if you went to see linkin park you wouldnt scream or nothing? i cnt stop myself lol

It's the culture over there. Crowds are very receptive to bands but at the same time respectful of the performance.

And yes, I've seen Linkin Park in concert and been able to keep myself from screaming, singing with them, clapping, etc. Hence, the audience recording from Camden last year came out as good as it did. ;)