2017.06.17 - Monza, IT - I-Days Milano

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were so fucking many . It Took me 1 hour Just to e it that fucking park. Organization was awful i ve never been so thirsty in my entire life. At a certain point after 1 hour waiting they told us that water ended at that stage

Yeah.

Its awful.

It took me almost three hours to have my ticket and then enter the venue through the security check.

I've been to Green Day show on the same festival two days before and it took me only an hour

Edited by stich

http://lplive.net/statistics
We try to keep up with the crowd statistics here.

80,000 is a lot.

People really enjoyed this concert it seems.

Chester's voice has been off and on for years. We didn't cover the HT and Meteora tours show by show but for sure when he was on drugs, very drunk, etc he has had off days. I'm sure a lot of stuff affects it, like the hot temperature outside etc. No doubt that they need a day off between every show....something we've advocated for for years. I think they will eventually shift to that since the sets are longer now than they ever have been. For sure it will get slightly worse as he ages. Like you said, 3 shows in 4 days is a lot.

80,000 is a lot.

Chester's voice has been off and on for years. We didn't cover the HT and Meteora tours show by show but for sure when he was on drugs, very drunk, etc he has had off days. I'm sure a lot of stuff affects it, like the hot temperature outside etc. No doubt that they need a day off between every show....something we've advocated for for years. I think they will eventually shift to that since the sets are longer now than they ever have been. For sure it will get slightly worse as he ages. Like you said, 3 shows in 4 days is a lot.

Like what Metallica is doing right now in USA. Either 1 or 2 days between shows and you can keep your voice in good shape. And illnesses can happen to everyone, but when you are doing 3 shows in 4 days you can be healthy as fuck - thats definitely not good for his voice.

My feeling is that Chester tried to save his voice for the more heavier parts to spit it all out. He sounded really good yesterday and I can't think of any other reason. It's gonna be the same case today in France, can't wait to see what they're going to do.

Edited by KlaytonShinoda

There were for sure 80.000 people, I-Days promoter confirmed that in an interview, saying that it was the only sold out day of the festival.

Concert was really, really great, they were in shape and Chester did some amazing and long screams!

The only bad thing was that they dropped the Battle Symphony/Nobody Can Save Me spot.

I had Meet & Greet too!
I asked to Rob to play a drum solo, and we got Reading My Eyes over Bleed It Out.

Also asked A Place For My Head to Chester (who said that Halfway Right is one of his favorite from One More Light).

I never heard Somewhere I Belong live, I love From The Inside and Points Of Authority, but A Place For My Head was the song that I really wanted in that spot.

Fortunally it was in the set!

We didn't take the group photo but it was really nice to meet the guys again!

Plus, it's so good to have a proshot of a concert in Italy, finally!

Note for the setlist page:

Mike messed up the first verse of Good Goodbye.

He said: "And it makes you so mad that I won't give you the respect that the others do" instead of "And it makes you so mad that you're not the only one/There's more than one of you".

Edited by PeppePark

There were for sure 80.000 people, I-Days promoter confirmed that in an interview, saying that it was the only sold out day of the festival.

Concert was really, really great, they were in shape and Chester did some amazing and long screams!

The only bad thing was that they dropped the Battle Symphony/Nobody Can Save Me spot.

I had Meet & Greet too!

I asked to Rob to play a drum solo, and we got Reading My Eyes over Bleed It Out.

Also asked A Place For My Head to Chester (who said that Halfway Right is one of his favorite from One More Light).

I never heard Somewhere I Belong live, I love From The Inside and Points Of Authority, but A Place For My Head was the song that I really wanted in that spot.

Fortunally it was in the set!

We didn't take the group photo but it was really nice to meet the guys again!

Plus, it's so good to have a proshot of a concert in Italy, finally!

Note for the setlist page:

Mike messed up the first verse of Good Goodbye.

He said: "And it makes you so mad that I won't give you the respect that the others do" instead of "And it makes you so mad that you're not the only one/There's more than one of you".

Yes in fact Mike was a little embarassed for that LOL. But the face he made at the beginning of APFMH was hilariuos. Great show anyway, same complaint as you for not hearing NCSM/Battle but hey, we had APFMH and It s going Down rap verse

Great show anyway, same complaint as you for not hearing NCSM/Battle but hey, we had APFMH and It s going Down rap verse

Exactly, with The Catalyst, Lost In The Echo, A Place For My Head and It's Goin' Down/Reading My Eyes verses, nothing else can matter :P

• 10 months later...

I'm not sure why people had an issue with this show. I have a great quality rip of the show and it sounds good to me. Probably my favorite out of the shows we have. I'm sure there were better shows on the European tour obviously, but I like this show better than Werchter and a couple others. I thought Chester sounded pretty good at this show.

• 11 months later...

80,000 fans were in attendance for this show, same as 80,000 fans being at Chimera Music Festival in 2004, the Brazil show. This is definitely one of LP's biggest shows of their career, only one being bigger would be Live 8 in 2005.

Also, not sure why people thought this show was bad. Listening to a proper rip of the show now (the one provided on LPL sucks so I ripped Qwerty95k's from YouTube and cranked the volume up in the tracks) and it's really a great show, might be by far the best of the entire OML cycle, only problem is no NCSM or Sharp Edges, but it's still a fantastic show. Then you got Chester saying Italy is the best place in the world for LP and him and Mike talking about the Rome show they did back in 2015 being epic. Overall, this is a solid A+ show IMO. Like I said, the best of the OML cycle IMO and also it's for sure better than any other webcast of the year since this one has APFMH for a full show which is 10000000000+ a better song over FTI or SIB.

On 6/18/2017 at 9:57 AM, Hahninator said:

80,000 is a lot.

I have listened to literally every recording available for 2000-2004 shows and I have never heard one single bad show out of all of them. Maybe SOME from 2000 but the quality is horrible on almost everything from 2000 and he really just sounded rough in general back then because it was the style. Chester was on fire in those days and the band had great energy. If he was on drugs or drunk, he still sounded epic as hell back then, it might even have made the shows better because of his crazy banter back then and manic energy.

LP started having ''off shows'' with the MTM cycle. ATS and LT cycles both had them too. However, with the THP cycle, the bad shows became more frequent, IMO. 2014 and 2015 had a lot of ''off'' shows. 2017 had some too, but nothing overtly bad, IMO, although I'm sure if Chester hadn't have done what he did, there would eventually be some. Monza is definitely NOT one of the bad shows, it's one of the very best of the entire OML cycle that we got. He sounded rough in the South American shows and the random U.S. stops in May because they had taken years off from touring at that point and the quality of all those shows were terrible anyways, the webcasts. LP got to Europe in June and rocked the place. And I'm sure the U.S. tour in July/August/September/October would have been just as epic, maybe even more.

I actually thought that he sounded kind of bad at the Southside Festival show, the one with the webcast. A few others.

Edited by GarretLP