2017.06.11 - Prague, CZ - Aerodrome Festival

The One More Light European Tour is a go, and it's taken off running! After a successful first show in Paris, France for Download Paris, Linkin Park is continuing their festival circuit in Europe in the Czech Republic, performing at the Aerodrome Festival in Prague on June 11.

For fans in the Czech Republic, this is big news. This is only the band's third show there, their last one being Brno in 2008, an epic set featuring a rare performance of Xero's 'Reading My Eyes,' as well as other goodies like 'The Little Things Give You Away,' 'From The Inside,' and 'No More Sorrow.' They played Prague in June 2007 at the start of the Minutes To Midnight touring cycle, playing songs like 'Leave Out All The Rest' and 'What I've Done' that were still fresh at the time. Thirty Seconds To Mars opened for the band at this show, seven years before the Carnivores Tour happened! Their first show in the country was in 2003, with Meteora songs like 'Figure.09' and 'Don't Stay' still going fresh in the set. This show was actually a make up show, the show earlier in the year in June being cancelled due to Chester being hospitalized due to severe back pain. Another fun fact: this is the band's first time playing the Aerodrome Festival. They were apparently set to play an Aerodrome Festival in Austria in 2004, though this festival was completely unrelated to the one the band will be playing today and ended up being cancelled before the band announced their performance.

A rare and epic performance of 'Reading My Eyes' in Brno 2008. It would be great if we ever saw this song performed again.

The band kicked off their tour yesterday in Paris, France, performing at Download Paris for the first time. They performed the same set they were playing in South America earlier this year, though they played the headline variation of it instead of the shortened festival version. This set features a whopping SIX new songs from the new record, including 'Battle Symphony,' 'Invisible,' and 'Heavy.' It opens with the haunting start of the 'Roads Untraveled' and 'Fallout' mashup into the energetic sounds of 'Talking To Myself' (though Mike seemed to mess up the keyboard part during the first verse at this show) before rolling into some big tracks like 'The Catalyst' and 'One Step Closer' with an epic intro similar to the one from 2007. No changes were made to this set, but there's still hope.

It seems unlikely that the band will change up the setlist for this show, but there's always a possibility. Chester confirmed the band has rehearsed 'Sharp Edges,' and Mike also said he was rehearsing a new song for the set. None of those are in the current set, so perhaps we should keep our eyes and ears open for the headlining shows. The band has several headlining shows set up, the first being in Berlin, Germany the day after the show. It could be like in 2012, where the band had a headlining setlist and a festival setlist that were very different from each other. A close friend of the band, Tobias Fance, also said that Berlin will have some surprises. All we can do now is wait and see!

Production levels have exploded for this tour. Check out the crazy lights for 'One Step Closer' in Paris.

There's quite a lineup for this show. Going on before Linkin Park is Simple Plan, who are currently touring for the 15th Anniversary of their album No Pads, No Helmets... Just Balls. This is a festival, and they don't seem to be performing the full record at festival shows, but you can expect several songs from that album as well as hits like 'Boom' and 'Perfect.' Before them will be Machine Gun Kelly, who will also open for Linkin Park in Berlin and on their North American Tour this summer. He is currently touring in support of his new album, Bloom (I did a review of the album here if you need an opinion... don't expect to be impressed with the record, though). Enter Shikari goes on before them, and they're on the heels of a brand new record as well, with their newest song 'Redshift' in the setlist.

Who's going to the show? As mentioned before, the next show will be a headlining show in Berlin, Germany on June 12. For updates on the show, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook, and add us on Snapchat too.

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

I think one more for the headlining setlist that they've been playing. What's funny is that it hasn't been played ten times yet, lmao.

Berlin I think we see Set B with Sharp Edges and 3 other songs. They seriously need a different opener, set closer, encore in that set with a different order etc. Don't just change like 3 songs in and out like the 2014 sets. C'mon.

To me it seems like Berlin has the best chance to get a second set. If they do debut a set B, I wouldn't expect any crazy changes or new songs. After what happened with War in 2015 and IBG in 2013, I honestly won't be surprised if they never play Sharp Edges live :P

To me it seems like Berlin has the best chance to get a second set. If they do debut a set B, I wouldn't expect any crazy changes or new songs. After what happened with War in 2015 and IBG in 2013, I honestly won't be surprised if they never play Sharp Edges live :P

Well you know what they say... Third time's the charm

Same exact set tonight, nothing different.

Tomorrow will get the new set I guess.

simpleplan- Dekuji Praha! What an amazing time we had at Aerodrome Festival! Such a pleasure to play for all of you and to see our friends @linkinpark absolutely kill it on stage. These guys have always been the kindest, nicest and most humble guys and we have nothing but love and respect for them. Thank you @chesterbe @m_shinoda and everyone in the band and crew for always making us feel so welcomed. Can't wait until we play together again!

Wow, that was an absolutely incredible show. The crowd was top-notch and you could feel how much the band appreciated that, they were just overflowing with joy and just had so much fun, really special. My expectations were quite low because of the record but the songs work pretty well the way they are implemented into the set right now (although they shouldn't open the show with a new song, not on a festival tour at least), also the crowd response was better than expected, most people knew at least the chorus of almost each song. One More Light is - as expected - incredibly emotional and I couldn't help but shed a few tears and that doesn't happen too often. Mike dedicated it to his uncle Kenji that passed away recently, btw. All in all this show exceeded all my expectations by far, I would even consider putting it in my Top 3 LP-shows ever.

well, this is what happens when they keep us waiting that long lol! the crowd yesterday was absolutely amazing. it was like we all were singing our lungs out (I certainly was :D)

hopefully they'll come back soon.