Kings of Chaos - Winter Tour 2016

RogueSoul

I thought it said 404 not found

And yeah Chesters performance on Edie was freaking awesome

It worked for me from the beginning, not sure what was up with that.

I actually wish the original song would have sounded more like that. I definitely enjoy Chester's take more.

Here's the full show:

Correcton to the setlist: Sanctuary by Iron Maiden wasn't played, apparently it was mistaken for She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult, which was played at the show

Can't even really hear the vocals :(

• 2 weeks later...

So, just saw Kings Of Chaos last night in Boston. Was a good show. Did the ''Pass The Line'' thing that they offer at The House Of Blues where you can eat there and skip the main line. So I got in before a lot of other people and got right up on the bar. There wasn't a large turn out at this show by any means, very little people, probably the smallest crowd for any show I've ever been to. Frany Perez And The Truth were pretty good, and they did a cover of Closer by NIN which was cool, and messed around with the crowd a little bit. Kings Of Chaos nailed it. They opened up with Vasoline, White Wedding and Fire Woman (Fire Woman being by favorite song that KOC performed) with Chester singing all and it was awesome. Robin Zander was at this show (he wasn't on the Vegas dates) and he ended up doing a random version of The Flame by Cheap Trick, acoustically. I don't think he did this at the NJ show but I could be wrong. He said Matt Sorum asked him specifically to do it and he felt awkward doing it but he was just going to do it anyways, and he performed it. Lol. Robin also sang Surrender by Cheap Trick, which was cool to hear live. Billy Gibbons did a few ZZ Top songs, Sharp Dressed Man and Tush, as well as Waitin' On The Bus, I really enjoyed Sharp Dressed Man a lot, really cool to see these songs live, even though I'm not the biggest fan of this style of music. Steve Stevens did a long solo before Chester came out and sang Edie and Interstate Love Song. This was when the show got kind of annoying, because some girl next to me got pissed off at me because I wasn't ''into it'' enough for her, I guess. In reality she just wanted my spot on the rail. Nobody was jumping up and down and screaming during Edie and Interstate Love Song because they were acoustic so everyone was kind of chilling out during those, but not her. Robert DeLeo even shook his head at her. Lol. I've been to a shit ton of concerts in my life and I've never been yelled at by anyone for not freaking out. She got annoying so I finally just moved back and let her and her boyfriend into my spot on the rail. Being second row wasn't as bad as having to deal with it. And the next song was also Ace Of Spades, done by Matt Sorum, dedicated to Lemmy, so the girl went crazy, I was glad I moved back. It was a cool cover and everyone was having fun. Chester came back out for Sex Type Thing and Love Removal Machine and killed both, super high energy and it was great. He took off his shirt and jacket during these (wasn't sure if necessary to add or not but fuck it) lol. Rebel Yell and Dream Police were done by Robin and were both good. Robin also sang I Want You To Want Me by Cheap Trick and for some reason it wasn't on the setlist, but he definitely did it and the crowd loved it. Billy Gibbons came back out for a few more songs and the biggest surprise of the night was Chester doing Whole Lotta Love by Led Zeppelin. No idea this was going to happen and it was easily the coolest performance of the night next to Fire Woman for me. I had listened to Chester sing it so many times over the years with Camp Freddy and other bands and it was really cool to see live. He killed it and the crowd went nuts, including myself. Chester then said he loved Boston and would see us again soon (hinting at LP tour?). Tried getting a setlist and a guitar pick once the band was done playing but to no luck. I did manage to take a photo of the setlist from someone that got one, though. Overall, a cool show and I think a lot of people would like it, even if they weren't super into that kind of music, because it was just cool to see.

Edited by Geki

Thanks Hahn and Lestat for updating this thread, very cool review Geki I love your writing style!

So the place was small but sold out ?

House Of Blues in Boston isn't that big of a venue, no. not compared to places that Linkin Park plays and stuff. I've seen two other shows there before, both STP with Chester in 2013 and 2015. The crowd was small, though, it definitely wasn't sold out. A lot of people at the show were commenting on how there weren't a lot of people at the show. It was closer to being sold out when I saw STP with Chester there.