Linkin Park working with Blackbear

eXoBlackOut

You said that we should not jump to conclusions but you just confirmed that it's not their song, are you high?

It's very likely that this is a demo for the new LP album they are in the LP studio, Mike sings in the clip and also he recorded guitar for it lol.

Are you serious? I don't even think I should argue this lmao

I didn't realize Mike recording vocals for a song and maybe guitar automatically means it's theirs. My bad.

I wouldn't be surprised if this song is meant for the new Linkin Park album as this is exactly the kind of sound I was expecting from it. For them, "experimentation" pretty much means going in the same direction everybody else is going anyway.

I wouldn't discard the possibility of this being a track for a Blackbear release though.

The song being recorded at Linkin Park's studio means nothing. "Waiting For Tomorrow" was supposedly recorded there too.

Remember how Mike posted a clip of "Like Riding A Bike" and everybody thought it was a new Linkin Park song? Then the track got released a few days later by Hot Karl.

And this time it wasn't even Mike who posted the clip. Would the band actually allow someone else to reveal a demo from their upcoming album like this? (Non-rhetorical question here)

And are you guys really sure the clip posted by Mike is from the same song? Could be something else entirely.

By the way, to whoever said Martin Garrix announced in November that he was working with Linkin Park: he never said that.

I wouldn't be surprised if this song is meant for the new Linkin Park album as this is exactly the kind of sound I was expecting from it. For them, "experimentation" pretty much means going in the same direction everybody else is going anyway.

I wouldn't discard the possibility of this being a track for a Blackbear release though.

The song being recorded at Linkin Park's studio means nothing. "Waiting For Tomorrow" was supposedly recorded there too.

Remember how Mike posted a clip of "Like Riding A Bike" and everybody thought it was a new Linkin Park song? Then the track got released a few days later by Hot Karl.

And this time it wasn't even Mike who posted the clip. Would the band actually allow someone else to reveal a demo from their upcoming album like this? (Non-rhetorical question here)

And are you guys really sure the clip posted by Mike is from the same song? Could be something else entirely.

By the way, to whoever said Martin Garrix announced in November that he was working with Linkin Park: he never said that.

Maybe the band gave Blackbear permission to release these clips as to give us some first insights. Maybe we'll hear even more in the coming weeks (through the next studio updates?)

I'm standing by that it's not at all a Linkin Park song for these reasons:

1. Mike's vocals are tuned up. The only other song where his vocals were tuned up was Darker Than Blood during the bridge, as far as I know.
  2. Blackbear's working on his own album right now. It's the style of music he makes - I don't see why LP would make a song that sounds like Blackbear music for themselves. You could saw 'Rebellion' and Daron, but as far as I know the concept of 'Rebellion' was there before Daron was added into the picture; they invited him because it sounded like a SOAD song. Same with AFN and Page.
  3. The band has worked on collaborations with other artists from their own studio before. Martin Garrix was in their studio when they made Waiting For Tomorrow. Not an LP song.

Sure, it very well may be that I'm wrong, but I'm 100% confident that this isn't an LP song.

1. Blackbear's working on his own album right now. It's the style of music he makes - I don't see why LP would make a song that sounds like Blackbear music for themselves. You could saw 'Rebellion' and Daron, but as far as I know the concept of 'Rebellion' was there before Daron was added into the picture; they invited him because it sounded like a SOAD song. Same with AFN and Page.

Daron created Rebellion and left the arrangements and lyrics up to LP. You can see on the booklet that he was credited as songwriter (while Page was only credited as an additional musician).

They originally wanted him to work on Guilty All The Same but he didn't have anything to add to the song.

Daron created Rebellion and left the arrangements and lyrics up to LP. You can see on the booklet that he was credited as songwriter (while Page was only credited as an additional musician).

They originally wanted him to work on Guilty All The Same but he didn't have anything to add to the song.

Ah, okay. I guess my point still stands for Page though.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like there working on more of them collab clothing stuff if you look to the left and blackbear is doing some clothes and shoes with them

Very interesting... Maybe he isn't working on a song for LP's new album after all? Seems more of like a collab of sorts like you said, in terms of merch or something else, maybe a remix, who knows. I don't think there would be a Blackbear logo with the LP logo as the ''L'' if he were simply collaborating on a song for the album unless he produced the entire album or something.

Unless there doing collab clothing with people that are on the album so maybe like a clothing line that goes along side the new album

Honestly, as strange as that sounds, I could see it happening. LP has been doing tons and tons of clothing collabs and stuff over the past few years and they seem to really be into it, not to mention the whole ''Linkin Park is a business now'' thing that was talked about in 2015. Either way, it will probably still be a while until we get any info about any of it.