#HybridTheory15: Mike Interview on BBC Radio 10/25

stich

Something big is coming up! Mike will be appearing on BBC Radio 1 for a radio interview with Daniel P. Carter on Sunday, October 25th! Some news about the 15 year anniversary of Hybrid Theory is just on the horizon! Daniel tweeted out earlier today:

Oi, @linkinpark fans, my show on Sunday has a BIG interview with @mikeshinoda talking about the anniversary of 'Hybrid Theory'... Listen!

The interview will take place at 7PM GMT; for listeners in the U.K., tune in here at that time to listen live! For listeners outside of the U.K., don't fret - you can still listen in live! Either download the TuneIn Radio app from the App Store on your mobile device, or download a VPN (such as Hola!) to your browser and browse from the U.K.

What do you guys think the announcement will be about? Are the band planning on performing Hybrid Theory in its entirety again, like they did at the Download Festival (coincidentally also in the U.K.) last year? Or will Mike just be talking about the album on the radio show? The band recently began using the hashtag "#HybridTheory15" on social media - perhaps something really is coming up!

For updates on the latest Linkin Park news, follow us on Twitter!

I imagine if its show/shows announcement it will be uk shows as its on uk radio but doubt it. Probably just talking about it or saying there doing a special lptv/documentary

yea, why would he mention non-UK shows during a UK-based interview? who knows, we can speculate all we want but let's just wait and see

Why would they announce shows when they are clearly in the studio (right now/soon) ? Also I think it's weird that it's a day after the actual anniversary, I guess doing an announcement on a Sunday is probably the best way. Whatever it is, it's afterwards, they could have easily done something on the actual day and announce that in time.

Only played Crawling, Papercut, In The End, One Step Closer and APFMH. It was a nice interview, but I don't think anyone on this site learned anything. Missed what they said before Crawling, but before Papercut they just mentioned it was a great opener for the album, In The End was the story of Mike sleeping in the studio and having Rob listen to it when he came in the next day, One Step Closer was about the label trying to kick Mike out, and APFMH was about Alessandro and the fantastic show in Rome.

Great interview. I understand how many people were bored on this, they thought it would be some announcement about something. WTF? Nobody at all said that there will be any announcement.

It's not the lack of announcements. We knew they were probably not gonna announce anything. It's the lack of new information. Almost everything Mike talked about in the interview has been known for quite a while now.

looool. What a disappoint hahaha

I doubt we will ever get something really epic when its related to their past. WB need sell their newest material and not old ones. Our fan base is not big enough to take their attention.

I guess we'll see what happens when their contract with WB ends. What does WB own? The rights to all their albums so far? What about unreleased demos?

Edited by iPodwithnomusic