LPU VyRT Chat with Phoenix on 9/28

RogueSoul

OyrtOiS.jpg

Join Phoenix in the LPU VyRT Chatroom on Monday, September 28 at 4:00PM PST for an exclusive LPU Chat!

LPU Members can access the chat by going to their dashboard and entering the password given to you there and entering it on VyRT. Tune in at the time of the event (here's a countdown to the event, just to make sure you don't miss it!) and ask Phoenix your questions!

The last LPU Chat held was with Joe, backstage at the band's show in Minsk, Belarus in August. VyRT allows for any member of the band to pop in the chat from anywhere they please, on anything they choose - Phoenix improvised at the cancelled Rocklahoma show earlier this year and held a VyRT chat (through text only) from the airport, amidst a huge storm! The band started using VyRT on the Carnivores Tour (makes sense, as it's Jared Leto's company and all), with the band's and Thirty Seconds To Mars' set at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles, CA on September 15, 2014 (just a year ago) being broadcast live.

Stone Temple Pilots are currently on tour, and Chester is having a blast! And, also narrowly escaping more cancellations due to more injuries. Some things never change. Linkin Park has one show left of the year - November 1, in Tempe, Arizona for the Monster Mash. There's also rumors of a Hybrid Theory 15 Year Anniversary club show in October... maybe news will be out by the time Phoenix's chat happens! Remember to prepare your questions and get ready for the chat!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here.

• 2 weeks later...

Recap:

Linkin Park is already in the studio recording their next album, recording new music right now.
Nothing is planned for the 15th anniversary of Hybrid Theory. Phoenix is surprised fans "remembered" the anniversary.
The band's studio process tends to be longer than fans might expect, but there are good ideas already for new songs.
Phoenix (not with LP when they first heard OSC on the radio) remembers hearing OSC on @kroq in LA. "Felt like we'd done something cool."
One of Phoenix's most awkward moments live...rolling his ankle (Live in Texas DVD) and thinking he broke it on stage. Very painful.
Phoenix had a blast on the most recent European Tour. Rome was a highlight.
There are no plans (yet) for collaborations on the next Linkin Park album, but they enjoy them and they might happen again.
Phoenix likes to play golf when he's not on the road.
He is the best at classical violin and is the most comfortable with that instrument. Then he moved to cello and guitar. He plays drums and piano poorly.
Phoenix wants to play The Little Things Give You Away again live. He still really loves the song.
Phoenix was at the Copenhagen and Berlin Fort Minor shows and had a good time at both.
Linkin Park will be releasing LPTV episodes about the recording of their next album.
Phoenix is not sure what will be included on the next LP Underground CD.
If Linkin Park ever did another small club tour, they would make a certain amount of tickets available for the LPU again, like 2003.
"We would make sure the hardcore fans get tickets, the fans who really want to be there would be able to see the shows. LPU included."
There is no distinct sound yet for the new album, the demo ideas are all across the board so far with everyone contributing ideas.
Unfortunately he does not know when Linkin Park will be able to visit India to perform a show.

"Phoenix wants to play The Little Things Give You Away again live. He still really loves the song."

Imagine if Linkin Park EVER came to New Orleans, and closed out the show with that. I've been imagining how emotional of a moment that would be for the last 8 years lol

"Phoenix wants to play The Little Things Give You Away again live. He still really loves the song."

Imagine if Linkin Park EVER came to New Orleans, and closed out the show with that. I've been imagining how emotional of a moment that would be for the last 8 years lol

I always thought this was a very powerful song and knowing the meaning behind it makes it a lot more powerful it seems. I agree with you this would be really cool.

Recap:

1.One of Phoenix's most awkward moments live...rolling his ankle (Live in Texas DVD) and thinking he broke it on stage. Very painful.

2.There is no distinct sound yet for the new album, the demo ideas are all across the board so far with everyone contributing ideas.

1. Is it the moment during APFMH, where he almost falls down?

2. I'm very glad that the demo ideas are all across the board and I really hope that the album will include songs that will be pretty different from each other

So...maybe that writing session in London is for a song not related to the upcoming album, and it's possibly just a stand alone single? This has me puzzled.

I think the writing session was Mike only. The rest of the band probably doesn't have much of a clue about it.

LP played Hybrid Theory in full for its anniversary last year... So they already did a show for it. LP is focused on a new album right now, it should be top priority.. I'm super excited

That's true. It'd be nice to have one in the USA, but they won't do it I guess. I'm very surprised Phoenix didn't know about the anniversary - wow.

1. Is it the moment during APFMH, where he almost falls down?

Yes. The other embarrassing moment was busting the crotch out of his new pants on Ozzfest, and taping it up.

I think the writing session was Mike only. The rest of the band probably doesn't have much of a clue about it.

That's true. It'd be nice to have one in the USA, but they won't do it I guess. I'm very surprised Phoenix didn't know about the anniversary - wow.

I agree with you that LP should do another show for Hybrid Theory for the people who want to go. But it seems like the band just isn't one for anniversaries because the only time they ever really did anything anniversary wise was Download Festival in 2014 playing Hybrid Theory in full and I think they did a Hybrid Theory song in Europe one year for Hybrid Theory's anniversary too. But that's really it. But yeah they should at least remember and maybe play a small show for the old school fans

Yes. The other embarrassing moment was busting the crotch out of his new pants on Ozzfest, and taping it up.