LP News from Suru!

LPPhan2005

That sounds terrible. If MTM sucked, then why are people buying and listening to it? I'm sick of hearing such comments 2 years after it's release. Minutes to Midnight is a great album. It was way more diverse than the first two and truly displayed the bands ability. They have often said that the Hybrid Theory Soldier is supposed to represent their heavier side(the soldier) and their softer side(the dragon fly wings) In my opinion, Minutes to Midnight represents just that. It also was a growth album. The same old stuff would have sounded like a repeat. It showed that they've changed and are talented musicians. I also believe that people wouldn't be putting the album down if Linkin Park didn't make it. I think that's the real problem. People were expecting another Hybrid Theory so were disappointed. So they judged MTM based on their expectation instead of the work itself. I hope they don't go back to the old sound completely. I admired them even more when i knew that despite the fact that some fans wanted the old style, they did what they wanted to do and not give in. They stayed true to themselves.

The band has often said that they felt like they've exhausted their old sound and were getting bored hence the change. I would rather they write something they truly enjoy so that they will be able to stand on a stage and play it with equal passion. That is what music is all about; not what people want.

I believe that their new album will incorporate their old and new sound as is the natural course for them to go. Even if they go back to their HT style, people will still complain and bitch so what's the point?

Here's to hoping the band satisfy themselves first before anybody.

I love this post. Sometimes people need to step back and realize that there is more to music than distorted guitars and screaming. Quite frankly, Chester has an absolutely amazing singing voice and I don't mind hearing him use it. Rick Rubin was right, the band needs to make music that they want to make, not that they feel like they have to make.

I believe that had LP made another generic nu-metal album, their success would have taken a step back. People would have gotten tired of it. Minutes To Midnight, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, sort of reinvigorated LP.

So again, great post.

Wat I wud love to hear is more Bleed It Out style tracks only possibly heavier, than some heavier Chester songs such as Given Up or No More Sorrow, and then mayb one or two slower songs like LOATR or TLTGYA, that way the mainstream fans still love them too. Plus I loved TLTGYA so I wud love another ballad like that.

I totally agree with arbiter, Xero21 and other like minded posters, I don't want LP to return solely to the HT sound. I love MTM and want the new album to be a mix of both styles as that seems to be where the band's passion is now. I absolutely love Chester's singing voice which is one of the reasons I'm so eager for DBS and why I love Grey Daze as well as his other collabs. The screaming rocks don't get me wrong but it's his melodic singing that touches me to the core long term.

Edited by RMD369

That sounds terrible. If MTM sucked, then why are people buying and listening to it? I'm sick of hearing such comments 2 years after it's release. Minutes to Midnight is a great album. It was way more diverse than the first two and truly displayed the bands ability. They have often said that the Hybrid Theory Soldier is supposed to represent their heavier side(the soldier) and their softer side(the dragon fly wings) In my opinion, Minutes to Midnight represents just that. It also was a growth album. The same old stuff would have sounded like a repeat. It showed that they've changed and are talented musicians. I also believe that people wouldn't be putting the album down if Linkin Park didn't make it. I think that's the real problem. People were expecting another Hybrid Theory so were disappointed. So they judged MTM based on their expectation instead of the work itself. I hope they don't go back to the old sound completely. I admired them even more when i knew that despite the fact that some fans wanted the old style, they did what they wanted to do and not give in. They stayed true to themselves.

The band has often said that they felt like they've exhausted their old sound and were getting bored hence the change. I would rather they write something they truly enjoy so that they will be able to stand on a stage and play it with equal passion. That is what music is all about; not what people want.

I believe that their new album will incorporate their old and new sound as is the natural course for them to go. Even if they go back to their HT style, people will still complain and bitch so what's the point?

what are you smoking?? mtm was good and we all love it. but we don't love it NEAR as much as ht and meteora. we dont hate mtm. we just like old shcool lp more.

edit: whats with everyone wanting bio tracks?????

Edited by Jug Of Water

I went to Suru today on my visit to California, in an attempt to see Mr.Hahn. He was cooped up at the studio, as usual. The clerk says LP uses a different studio each week and most of it is done at MS Home Studio and she told me NRG is an inpenatrable fortress that I couldn't visit unless I had an appointment. Oh, she also said the album is gonna drop in 2010 and they are working really hard on it. The male clerk also filled me in that the new album is going to sound like the old stuff.

I wouldn't bring this news to your attention if these clerks did not know LP personally. Because it's coming straight from people who see LP and Hahn every week, this is definitly credible.

P.S.

I also got some kickass pix at Suru!

What what what??? :blink: Like the old stuff??? :blink: HOLYSHIT!!!! THIS WOULD BE FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! And also I hope it's true, but it must be according to what the guy said above. I don't think that the SURU people would say lies for joke... I just hope Joe don't get mad... Joe gets mad. OMG!

I just hope that they continue the raw vocal style of ''Minutes to Midnight''. On ''Hybrid Theory'' and ''Meteora'', Mike sometimes sounded like a robot, but on ''Minutes...'' he sounded just like he does live, and I prefer it that way.

I also hope for some dark/reflective songs (like ''Little Things...'') and some hard and bombastic (No More Sorrow - ish) without adding a radio-ass-kissing song like ''Leave Out All the Rest''.

''Hybrid Theory'' and ''Meteora'' are good albums, and HT is a classic, but they're not masterpieces by any means. At least that's my opinion, so let's just wait and see ;)

When I read 'more like the old stuff', I hope it means 'both, melodic and heavy like MTM, but a bit more angsty topics' *g*

But after all it doesn't matter, the guys have a good taste in music and lots of talent, so pretty much everything they'll do will be awesome in it's own way - just my opinion ^^ As long as their live shows will remain as loud and heavy as they are, I'm happy :)

Edited by Umi

as much as id like to believe this, the people at Suru dont know half the time what is going on at the store, let alone their boss's other job (Joe duh). I mean honestly they dont even know when they are going to restock their shirts haha. There is only one store. But meh.

I dont believe this. im just going to wait for the album to come out or an interview (an Actual one , video or news article from rollingstone or something)

but thanks for the heads up anyway

I went to Suru today on my visit to California, in an attempt to see Mr.Hahn. He was cooped up at the studio, as usual. The clerk says LP uses a different studio each week and most of it is done at MS Home Studio and she told me NRG is an inpenatrable fortress that I couldn't visit unless I had an appointment. Oh, she also said the album is gonna drop in 2010 and they are working really hard on it. The male clerk also filled me in that the new album is going to sound like the old stuff.

I wouldn't bring this news to your attention if these clerks did not know LP personally. Because it's coming straight from people who see LP and Hahn every week, this is definitly credible.

P.S.

I also got some kickass pix at Suru!

haha yeah NRG is like Fort Knox. I dropped some stuff off there the other day and had gates and security guards to get through first. Its awesome inside though.

People are still listening and buying it because its Linkin park. Their previous albums built up a huge fanbase which explains your question you asked. They didn't stay true to themselves, they went out of their way to change peoples perception of the band. In short they changed because nu-metal isn't popular anymore.

haha yeah NRG is like Fort Knox. I dropped some stuff off there the other day and had gates and security guards to get through first. Its awesome inside though.

So LP has NRG completely to themselves right now? I figured with it being a pretty large, popular studio that there would be more than one band recording there at once.

what are you smoking?? mtm was good and we all love it. but we don't love it NEAR as much as ht and meteora. we dont hate mtm. we just like old shcool lp more.

edit: whats with everyone wanting bio tracks?????

Who is this we???

So LP has NRG completely to themselves right now? I figured with it being a pretty large, popular studio that there would be more than one band recording there at once.

I have no idea to be honest

OLD STUUUUUUUUUUUFF ???? OLD STUFFFFFF ???..........................GREEEEEEEAAAAAATTTT !!!

LP seems that us being influenced by metallica as I see.....somehow....

Anyways stay cool LP-ers !