Linkin Park Cancels The Hunting Party Tour

RogueSoul

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sucks for those who had tickets but there's nothing to be done.

Anyone who thinks Chester should push through the pain barrier is stupid and selfish.

I seen a comment comparing it to Brad breaking his foot. Completely different scenario for several reasons.

We don't know the extent of the damage to Chesters ankle. Ligement or tendon damage, the kind of break it is and whether he needed screws to keep the bones in place. We just don't know. I'm sure he'll release a video message soon in relation to it.

He needs to rest up, heal and get fully fit.

Sucks for those who had tickets but there's nothing to be done.

Anyone who thinks Chester should push through the pain barrier is stupid and selfish.

I seen a comment comparing it to Brad breaking his foot. Completely different scenario for several reasons.

We don't know the extent of the damage to Chesters ankle. Ligement or tendon damage, the kind of break it is and whether he needed screws to keep the bones in place. We just don't know. I'm sure he'll release a video message soon in relation to it.

He needs to rest up, heal and get fully fit.

Thank you.

A sane fan who understands the implications.

Edited by Lord-of-the-Wobbuffets

Thinking about this more, I realized there's an incredibly obvious reason the tour was cancelled: If Chester is under doctor's orders not to perform for six weeks but decides to do so anyway, it would likely void the band's VERY expensive touring insurance policy. I'm sure Chester would gladly perform in a wheelchair or whatever if he needed to, but the entire LP organization could potentially lose MILLIONS of dollars worth of insurance coverage if he does. Not a scenario you want to put all the other people around you in.

Thinking about this more, I realized there's an incredibly obvious reason the tour was cancelled: If Chester is under doctor's orders not to perform for six weeks but decides to do so anyway, it would likely void the band's VERY expensive touring insurance policy. I'm sure Chester would gladly perform in a wheelchair or whatever if he needed to, but the entire LP organization could potentially lose MILLIONS of dollars worth of insurance coverage if he does. Not a scenario you want to put all the other people around you in.

This

It also occurred to me that if Chester has been medically advised not to perform and he does it nulls his, WB, the tour and the venues insurance if he gets further injured.

That's fine Astat..... you just steal my thoughts!! :P

But yes, there is a whole bigger picture here and I can imagine a lot of people have worked their nuts off this week!

I'm a little surprised Mike didn't do more for the situation other than repost a picture that Joe had posted. I don't know why I feel like that, perhaps because he's usually so vocal on twitter that I thought he might post something.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously doubt it, people seem to hate that song.

I doubt it just based on the fact that I can't remember the last time they played it, but I'm pretty sure it's been at least 6-7 years. It wasn't a fan favorite as much as a song like APFMH, so they probably wouldn't have resurrected it for one night.

I actually like the song itself though. I also like In Between though, so what do I know.