2015.1.17 - Nashville, Tennessee

RogueSoul

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to but

no tickets

I'm looking at the Pittsburgh show on Ticketmaster right now and it isn't even CLOSE to sold out...floor still has tickets available and I see probably 150-200 seats that are still open too.

Edited by Astat

My thoughts on everything that's transpired over the last 3 days:

In The End Brad was messing around trololol

This is just the second stop of the tour, in othe touring cycles they added brand new songs in the middle of the tour, pretty sure that they will add more stuff, but yeah is so stupid to replace two new singles for two old songs.

This is kind of sad, Mike is eating his own words:

''Linkin Park is one of the biggest bands of Youtube; we’re the biggest band on Facebook, and we still headline most major rock festivals in the world when we go out on tour. We’re not a “legacy act,” riding out classic hits on tour like The Stones and Roger Waters, playing shows for nostalgic middle-aged crowd—instead, we’re constantly striving to innovate, in the studio and online with our fans. Every album we’ve released in the last 10 years has debuted at No. 1 in at least 20 countries.''

Wish someone could read that for Mike, if they want to innovate play fucking Sand, Keys debut some b-sides choose a random and different song every night.

Well you can't necessarily say innovation is adding new songs to the setlist. This setlist in itself if very innovative if you ask me; it combines every period of the band's history into a flowing hour and a half long experience. It has the band performing spotlighted solos for the first time (Joe, Mike, arguably Rob even though he did it prior to THP too). Sure, the setlist is very questionable considering the amount of singles and popular songs, but at the end of the day it's an interesting set at the very least.

Soooooo many butthurt people about the setlists lol, finally some sets I JAM to.

FTI and APFMH are fucking epic. I have no idea how Brad was/is so against playing APFMH when he seems to have a blast playing it live. DOYS / LFY was fantastic tonight, way better than the start of Carnivores.

Awesome stuff. Hope Jay-Z comes out in Brooklyn. Band in excellent shape this tour.

Tonight's crowd was awful. Maybe 8,000.

Soooooo many butthurt people about the setlists lol, finally some sets I JAM to.

and they have every right to be. As epic as APFMH is, it can't make up for all the other good stuff that they cut. If it wasn't for the song you'd say that the set is even worse than before. Europe and Carnivores had more Hunting Party songs than this Hunting Party tour, and just like Astat already said, what a complete rip off that there's no new song even though they advertised it on social media.

I'd almost say that they added APFMH to manipulate us into liking this tour.

This set B is very disappointing. I was expecting a new song for set B or at least Rebellion and some more changes. Set A and Set B are almost the same. LP are lazy. And this encore is the worst ever, I hate it. Almost all shortened songs and this shortened songs are songs like BID... horrible. Almost a year with the same fucking setlist almost everybody has already seen. They'll probably keep on playing the same setlist since Asian and Australian people haven't seen it yet. Yeah, another year with the same setlist. I could even stop following LP tours until 2016.

Pretty sure they figure that the demographic of fans like us, who follow their tours and document their setlists, is pretty small compared to the casual fans who want to hear LP play ITE, Numb, and the other huge hits that will never leave the setlist.

Doesn't explain why they advertised Brad rehearsing a "new song" though.

I don't get the logic, the this THP tour is even less THP than the previous THP tour. Even Carnivorous tour was more THP than the last 2 THP tours, because they added something new from the album to the setlist. And the Carnivorous tour was more Herbivorous than Carnivorous.

I think I just found the logic: they call a tour the opposite of what it is.

Well you can't necessarily say innovation is adding new songs to the setlist. This setlist in itself if very innovative if you ask me; it combines every period of the band's history into a flowing hour and a half long experience. It has the band performing spotlighted solos for the first time (Joe, Mike, arguably Rob even though he did it prior to THP too). Sure, the setlist is very questionable considering the amount of singles and popular songs, but at the end of the day it's an interesting set at the very least.

Yeah it is a very innovative set with the flow of everything but not everything is great about it. They shorten some songs and jut take up time with things like Blackout and Robot Boy instrumentals. And for THE HUNTING PARTY TOUR, they drop singles from that album.

"Wasting time" with Blackout and Robot Boy is one view but they serve as transition and intro to ACT 2 and 3, which I guess gives them a little room to breathe in this set since there are no breaks between the songs. Both are less than 2 minutes long and visually incredible imo.

The song that wastes the most time is still the ballad medley. The whole COG and Ballad part takes up 10 minutes.

like somebody said LP are lazy, add one or two song or rotate them more often with new stuff definitely wouldn't kill them, musicians who really enjoying playing live doing this. Arguing with "people doesn't respond so well to non-radio hits" or "harder synchronization with light effects" is huge bullshit.

Anyway I'm fine with this version of set A or B (FTI and APFMH!!!) but no UIG and Rebellion is rip off, THP tour? No way!

I guess I don't feel bad for missing this show anymore. As much as I like APFMH and as much as I'd like to see FTI live, it doesn't make up for the fact that the set still has a lot of flaws. I can't believe that they're just playing 3 THP songs. I kinda miss the attitude the band had during the MTM/ATS era where they didn't give a fuck about playing new songs (70% of the album from the very beginning in the case of ATS).