2015.1.17 - Nashville, Tennessee

RogueSoul

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for adding in older songs, but dropping two songs from the album they are trying to promote doesn't make sense.

This. I'm not at all against the idea of adding APFMH and FTI to the set, they seem to be performing both songs VERY well so far. But dropping the biggest single and the current single from your current album is utterly asinine. Even more so than shortening UIG was in the first place (does the band just hate the song, or what?!). They're still playing Given Up. They're still playing the Ballad Medley. They're still playing completely unnecessary stuff like the awful shortened Crawling and a whopping 45 seconds of Lost in the Echo.

It would be SO easy to turn this set into a set of full songs that covers all eras of the band, varies from show to show, and fits into their self-imposed hour and 40 minute limit. You could even do it with one setlist! Play like 22 songs, with 18 of them predetermined every night. The remaining 4 "slots" rotate - 2 slots for songs from albums 1 through 3, 2 slots for albums 4 through 6. Have a pool of 12 songs, 2 from each album, that those slots can be made up of. You could get Papercut, Somewhere I Belong, Blackout, and Lies Greed Misery one night, then you might get Given Up, A Place for My Head, War, and When They Come for Me the next night.

Ok so the crowd at this show was terrible. Entire 300s closed off, 200s had empty sections, floor was around half full. Band sounded great once again for two shows in a row so that's a plus. Set B is good, except for the encore. I like A a lot.

I guess they are tired of UIG/Rebellion.

Next, I have a few things to add. Phoenix was on the synth pad before BID waiting for Chester to finish his speech. When BID started (he thought it was LITE), he panicked and ran to get his bass, ha. Then on BID he started throwing picks into the crowd. Mike asked Tim from Rise Against to come out on BIO. "DO WE HAVE ANY....FRIENDS HERE? ANY FRIENDS THAT WOULD LIKE TO COME OUT?" and they waited like 10 seconds....looked to the side of the stage, etc....no Tim.

Aaron is fine on Iridescent but Austin sounded pretty bad on Faint to me.

Ok so the crowd at this show was terrible. Entire 300s closed off, 200s had empty sections, floor was around half full. Band sounded great once again for two shows in a row so that's a plus. Set B is good, except for the encore. I like A a lot.

Holy crap if they are having problems to sell those B level cities come to Mexico do 3 shows, charge us $200 dollars for the best tickets we will sell out the concert,

what a shame...

• 4 weeks later...