2014.12.13 - Inglewood, CA - KROQ AAC (+ Webcast)

RogueSoul

kroq-aac-2014-logo-red.jpg?w=620

Linkin Park will be wrapping up a long year of touring in 2014 with the second of two holiday shows to set the mood for the winter holidays! That's right, Linkin Park will be performing at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas festival for the 7th time since the beginning of their career! They will be performing as direct support for System Of A Down, who are making their live return at this show!

Let's get right into it - the 2000 KROQ AAC is one many fans will remember, due to the fact that the band opened the show with the live debut of 'My December'. The band returned for both nights of the festival in 2001. Night 1 featured a more "standard" Linkin Park setlist in 2001 terms, running through Hybrid Theory songs such as 'A Place For My Head' and 'Points Of Authority'. 'My December' was promptly performed at this show, as well as a short guitar cover of Guns 'N' Roses' 'Sweet Child O' Mine' before Aaron Lewis of Disturbed came out to sing on 'One Step Closer'. Night 2, dubbed the Almost Acoustic Hanukkah by Chester, saw a very bold move by the band: acoustic performances. 'My December', 'Pushing Me Away', 'Crawling', 'In The End', and the intro of 'A Place For My Head' were performed acoustically for the first and only time ever (to date, that is). Though this wasn't the first time an acoustic song found it's way into a Linkin Park setlist (Chester performed an acoustic cover of Jane's Addiction's 'Jane Says' a few times in Spring 2001 in Brisbane, Auckland, Tokyo, and Osaka, and an early version of the Dead By Sunrise song 'Morning After' in London and Berlin), this was the last time until 2010 that a song was performed acoustically. The band returned in 2003, playing Meteora songs at the festival for the first time, including 'Lying From You', 'Faint', and 'Breaking The Habit'. Interestingly enough, the first good recording of 'Breaking The Habit' came from this show, only minutes after it was performed!

The band returned to the festival in 2007, and the band made sure to make it memorable. The marching band from U.C.L.A., BRUIN performed a few times throughout the show - before 'No More Sorrow' and during the bridge of 'Bleed It Out'. 'Hands Held High' opened the encore for the first time with an extended organ intro, which a children's choir sang a rendition of 'O Little Town of Bethlehem' over. 'My December' was performed for the first time since 2006, and Mike performed a short keyboard cover of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen'. After bypassing the festival in the A Thousand Suns touring cycle, the band made a return in 2012, during the Living Things touring cycle. This show received a mixed reaction among fans - the setlist was cut short due to time constraints, and 'Lost In The Echo' was cut from the webcast (which took place two days after the show). On the bright side - 'Lost In The Echo' opened a show for the first and only time ever, 'Castle Of Glass' was performed for the second time after debuting the day before at the VGA X, and Mike performed the keyboard cover of 'God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen' for the first time in 5 years (which was the 2007 AAC).

Like all KROQ AAC events, this show will be livestreamed! Unlike the last time, this show will be broadcast live, rather than it being shown a few days later. The band will be taking the stage around 9:25 PST. For my information, click the spoiler tag below!

Webcast Link: http://kroq.cbslocal.com/show/25th-annual-kroq-almost-acoustic-christmas-webcast/

Countdown: bit.ly/1vI8IyR

Convert your Timezone!: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Full Webcast Schedule:

All times are in PST.

4:30pm – DJ Jeremiah Red
5:30pm – Royal Blood
5:55pm – New Politics
6:25pm – Walk The Moon
6:55pm – Rise Against
7:30pm – Bush
8:05pm – Fall Out Boy
8:40pm – Incubus
9:25pm – Linkin Park
10:25pm – System Of A Down

Since the band isn't headlining the event, they will not be performing a full set. However, there's a lot of interesting things that could take place. The Linkubus duo is playing at the show - will Mike Einziger come out to perform with the band like he did in 2012 on the Honda Civic Tour, or earlier this year at the Concert For The Philippines? Will Daron Malakian from System Of A Down come out to perform 'Rebellion' with the band like he did at the Hollywood Bowl? Tim McIlrath from Rise Against joined the band yesterday for 'Bleed It Out' - Rise Against will be touring with the band during the 2015 North American Tour. Will the collaboration happen again tonight, and for more shows in the future? Only time will tell! One thing's for sure - you won't want to miss this show!

Who's going to the show? Anyone going to watch the webcast with us? Surprises are sure to be present at the show. Since the band will be performing a shortened set, we're not exactly sure what the set will look like, but it's bound to be fun! In other news, the Mall OST has finally been released, featuring the full versions of 'Luna' (now 'It Goes Through'), 'Warm Spell' (now 'Devil's Drop'), and 'Ammosick' (now 'The Last Line'). Tour rumors are flooding in - Asia, Europe, and South America are all possibilities! The 13th LPU Summit has been announced for Calgary, Canada in February, be sure to check the thread for details if you're interested! After this show, the band is on break until January 2015 where they will undergo a 2015 North American Tour with Rise Against and Of Mice & Men. For live updates, check back on the thread or follow us on Twitter!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2015 touring schedule here.

"Aaron Lewis of Disturbed came out to sing on 'One Step Closer'."

He is from Staind not Disturbed. Noob! :D

*quietly edits*

Hopefully someone records it. Too late for me in EST.

Are u noob? It's 12 on a Saturday. Join us. At least watch the Royal Blood stream with me :P

it seems like LP's agenda nowadays is to play as many songs as possible -- it doesnt matter if theyre shortened...

i mean, what the hell, wouldnt it be better if they performed fewer songs but actually make them complete?

Here's the audio form the webstream as FLAC and mp3:

FLAC: https://mega.co.nz/#!DJNCgIQJ!nA4dksdHhJfnaL3qvJe3XwD5Dm8zDYDYt93Zc41kJj8

mp3 (320 kbps): https://mega.co.nz/#!eNVmSBKI!TYUE3f8pMsL9QJrWAC204kKF5jM2ia2JsRipYagVT9Q

Setlist:

01. Joe Solo Medley

02. Burn It Down

03. Waiting For The End

04. Final Masquerade

05. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe)

06. Numb

07. In The End

08. Faint

09. Rebellion (with Daron Malakian)

10. Lost In The Echo (shortened)

11. New Divide (shortened)