New Linkin Park Track: Asteroids

RogueSoul

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't consider it as an official instrumental track. They just did it using the program and used to release the software. It hasn't even posted on their YouTube's channel. I was talking with Warner today and they didn't know about it LOL

Of course it is an official instrumental track. Who knows what they used to make it, they probably made it with Protools in 2009-2010 and dug it out of the vault to release it here. It's the same as an LPU song as far as I am concerned. Of course Warner doesn't know about it, they don't know shit about the band. Warner is the same group that posted on WBR.com in 2009 about Linkin Park's new single "New Again".

Of course Warner doesn't know about it, they don't know shit about the band. Warner is the same group that posted on WBR.com in 2009 about Linkin Park's new single "New Again".

LOL. Asteroids is just like Issho Ni, Complimentary or any other track like that, it's "official", as in made by Mike, but not on an "official release".

Of course it is an official instrumental track. Who knows what they used to make it, they probably made it with Protools in 2009-2010 and dug it out of the vault to release it here. It's the same as an LPU song as far as I am concerned. Of course Warner doesn't know about it, they don't know shit about the band. Warner is the same group that posted on WBR.com in 2009 about Linkin Park's new single "New Again".

Not the same as a LPU song at all, IMO. But to each their own. Plus, LPU albums are released in physical format. This is just some random song made from various sounds that was posted online. Honestly, I don't even listen to shit ''released'' by LP if it's not released in a physical format because I feel like Warner just releases that kind of shit to make money, and it's usually just random extra unnecessary shit.

Edited by Geki

I don't consider it as an official instrumental track. They just did it using the program and used to release the software. It hasn't even posted on their YouTube's channel. I was talking with Warner today and they didn't know about it LOL

So the software used to create a song is now a determining factor in what does and does not constitute a "Linkin Park song?"

I guess the Xero tracks are unofficial then, since they were recorded on a cassette 4-track in Mike's bedroom before they had access to Pro Tools. :rolleyes:

LOL. Asteroids is just like Issho Ni, Complimentary or any other track like that, it's "official", as in made by Mike, but not on an "official release".

Issho Ni was officially released as a Linkin Park song on the second Download to Donate compilation...

You guys do realize there are a TON of songs on official Linkin Park albums that had zero input from multiple members of the band, right? Cure for the Itch, Session, The Messenger, a bunch of stuff on Reanimation and Recharged...

Edited by Astat

So the software used to create a song is now a determining factor in what does and does not constitute a "Linkin Park song?"

I guess the Xero tracks are unofficial then, since they were recorded on a cassette 4-track in Mike's bedroom before they had access to Pro Tools. :rolleyes:

No... Geki used the right words for me 'just a random song made from various sounds' which is way different than LPU instrumentals. What i want to say is: They could stop for 10 mins and make 100 instrumentals (It's a metaphor) like that weekly. In my opinion i don't consider it as an oficial track.
About using softawares i meant they made the song only to release the 'soft'. Using the soft (?) xD

EDIT: I take back my earlier statement. I guess these are ''official'' LP music, but I just don't consider anything that isn't released in a physical format to be worthy. As far as I know, you can't buy Stagelight in physical, or can you? If so, anyone know where I can purchase a physical copy?

Edited by Geki

So White Noise isn't an "official" track yet? It's not "worthy" enough yet?

For that matter - Vinyl = Cassette = CD = USB flash drive = Digital file - It doesn't really matter how the artist decides to release his tracks. The material/hardware can't make the tracks official or not. It's not even a question. Just imagine your reaction if someone will tell you that your entire CD collection is not worth anything because they're not vinyls, which are different the same as the different between CD to digital file, or even way more, in his opinion, but let's stop it here.

If you want to say that you care about physical releases more than digital releases - because separate units worth a lot for you compare to some folder on your PC - that's totally fine. But your perspective doesn't effect on the music itself.

So White Noise isn't an "official" track yet? It's not "worthy" enough yet?

For that matter - Vinyl = Cassette = CD = USB flash drive = Digital file - It doesn't really matter how the artist decides to release his tracks. The material/hardware can't make the tracks official or not. It's not even a question. Just imagine your reaction if someone will tell you that your entire CD collection is not worth anything because they're not vinyls, which are different the same as the different between CD to digital file, or even way more, in his opinion, but let's stop it here.

If you want to say that you care about physical releases more than digital releases - because separate units worth a lot for you compare to some folder on your PC - that's totally fine. But your perspective doesn't effect on the music itself.

It's all just preferences man. I said I took back my original statement - they are official, I just personally don't care for stuff that isn't released in physical. So far, these are the only original LP tracks that have never been released in a physical format, not counting remixes/live/etc or the ''Mall Soundtrack'' because that might get released in a physical format like ''The Raid: Redemption'' did.

Lockjaw

Not Alone

Issho Ni

Bruiser

Space Station

Complimentary

Asteroids

Edited by Geki

• 4 weeks later...