2014.10.19 - Brasília, DF - Circuito Banco do Brasil

RogueSoul

I actually agree completely with Geki. If it were up to me, 90% of the HT/Meteora stuff they're playing in the sets would be dropped for stuff from their more recent albums. Obviously In The End, One Step Closer, Faint, and Numb from the first two albums are going to stay, but that should be it. I guess With You and From The Inside could stay too. Bring back NMS, WTCFM, VICTIMIZED, IN MY REMAINS, Blackout, Valentine's Day, A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES and add I'LL BE GONE, POWERLESS, Keys To The Kingdom, All For Nothing, War, Mark The Graves, and A Line In The Sand. Who cares about shit that the band clearly wants to distance themselves from? I mean, that was the point of MTM and ATS, right? To prove they could go beyond the nu-metal genre they were thrust into? Well, that isn't being shown in the sets at all right now.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the fact that the band shouldn't have to necessary add anything to their set from the old albums, but this argument could go for With You, Runaway, and Points Of Authority. All non-singles that the crowds still LOVE. There's literally no reason for the band to perform those, save for fulfilling the part of the show that are legitimate fans, not just the casual fans. the chief concern is the lack of fucking effort in actually providing a unique set each night. I mean sure, there's not many people who are going to go to more than 2 shows tops in the United States, but in Europe I know a lot of German fans here are going to 3+ shows. Do they really think they can get away with playing all the shortened jams (i.e. Papercut, LITE) and rotating 4-5 songs each night? At least play more shit from your new fucking album, if you dropped the old stuff in favor of those there would be no problem.

This issue with Brad is that he obviously only likes playing the stuff he doesn't have to do much in - which is an example of laziness on his part. Fine, he's not the best guitarist, fine he hates the past songs. But I think at least TRYING to have some fun every night or showing some signs of energy when he's actually doing something and not just dancing to the EDM music behind him is kinda part of his job.

Also, what exactly is the point of bringing back stuff like NMS and Valentine's Day is you don't give a shit about Forgotten and By Myself? They're pretty much the same standard of "rarity" nowadays, if not more at this point. The fact is, if they don't bring back the old shit, they won't bring back the rare shit. Simple.

I'm bringing it up because it's necessary (Fuck you in advance, JZE.), but even Thirty Seconds To Mars plays fucking old stuff at their shows/soundchecks. Yesterday's show in Sao Paulo was probably their best setlist in fucking years. They added the older songs from A Beautiful Lie back in because they could visibly SEE AND HEAR that the fans wanted it. We make it pretty open that we want some rarer shit in the set, shouldn't it cater to what the CROWD wants to hear instead of what THEY want to hear? I feel A Place For My Head would have an equal reaction to With You or No More Sorrow, if not greater.

Also, listen to fucking Hannover 2008 if you think the Linkin Park fans make up 5% of the crowd. Who are you kidding? At least 45% of the crowd will be a fan who knows more than just the singles. I was next to guy who was wearing a Xero shirt in Holmdel, for fuck's sake. What, is the other 55% there to hear fucking Burn It Down and New Divide?

I'm a bit pissed today, if you haven't noticed. Don't just speak out of what things seem like, think. Brad is lazy and likes to do what he wants to do. That's my opinion on him. He's not the best but he's not the worst at the same time. If he just ENJOYED what he did he would be an excellent guitarist, regardless of talent.

I agree completely on the Brad part. I don't think he's a bad guitarist, and I also don't think he just straight up hates playing heavy songs, he just prefers stuff like the Blackout interlude where he is just playing one note over and over, or LIES GREED MISERY, where he didn't play guitar at all if I recall correctly, he just played the samples. He's just lazy on stage. Even for stuff that Chester and Mike clearly dislike or are bored of, Numb, Runaway, and New Divide come to mind, they at least try to look like they're enjoying themselves, whereas Brad will go to the back corner of the stage, face away from the audience etc. It's incredibly unprofessional, and shows a severe lack of interest on Brad's part.

On the topic of old vs rare, I will concede that Valentine's Day would be considered a rarity. I'll give you that, but NMS was a promotional single and preformed relatively recently (late 2011). So were Blackout and WAK. They last preformed WTCFM in January of this fucking year. Any LT song also shouldn't be considered a rarity since they came out just a little over two years ago. Don't tell me that those songs are rarities, because they're fucking not. That'd be like calling Runaway a rarity. My main point, and I think Geki's too, is that band seems to place too much emphasis on playing shit from HT, that they're not putting enough work into implementing new songs. I feel like MTM was the best in implanting new stuff. It wasn't all at once, they slowly did it over time, adding new tracks from MTM as the tour went on. That's how it should be done. Not focusing all efforts on making sure Points of Authority or Crawling has a place in the setlist, even if it means keeping a song from the album you're supposed to be promoting off of it.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

I think WE'RE putting to much emphasis on playing stuff from HT, not the band.

Notice I didn't mention stuff like WTCFM/WAK/Blackout, because those are songs the band KNOWS the crowd/fans love and jam to. The issue is they've seen countless times how people jam to By Myself, No More Sorrow, A Place For My Head, etc. but refuse to play them just because some of the band members don't want to? wtf is that? I understand that the band doesn't want to be disinterested in playing their show, but playing shit like LITE/ND/Crawling/UIG shortened is just garbage - the crowd has no idea wtf to do or expect. LITE is such a pointless addition to the set at this point I forgot they played it until I looked at a setlist. There are MUCH better ways of making a quality setlist, and it's not be shoving 30 songs into a 1:45 set by shortening it, therefore killing the experience with lack of crowd interaction. It's also becoming increasingly apparent that Chester is becoming unable to sing songs like New Divide and Numb, and the argument that they can't drop them is invalid. Have you forgotten that they dropped the song that won them their first fucking Grammy in 2012 (and now it's such a pointless addition in the set, like LITE)? It's clear that they can make whatever decision they want - as long as the set jams and the crowd can enjoy the show, I don't see an issue with dropping the singles. Did the entire show fall apart when they played APFMH instead of ITE in Melbourne 2013?

AWASOME CONCERT! AMAZING NIGHT!!!

But I'm I really disappointed with the festival. During the LP set, someone in the middle of the crowd used pepper spray for unknown reasons. A lot of people got out of the show and passed out. The band should have stop the show but they didn't.

Brazil fans deserve something better then last night.
This short tour should give fans some fresh stuff after boring Carnivores Tour.
But like we all can see after last night, LP don't want to suprise us

I hope that's Brad is, someone got any news about him ?

It was much better than Saturday. You can trust me.

Just enjoy the show, forget about instagram im happy for you dude!

Thanks, man! It was amazing. The time that I will be happy for you is coming. LP will be back to you country very soon, man. You can trust me! :)

Soul you are a fan girl you are super excited about BULLSHIT FILTER new set and you were crying before that because they had the same set for 3 years trolololol

Your example sucks balls, talk about other bands that really change their game, it's a joke using BULLSHIT FILTER as an example.. c'mon you even said it they had the same set for a long time.

Atleast LP change their set every touring cycle and they even change it up multiple times during that period of time.

Edited by JZE-LINKINPARAMORE

In regards to APFMH: I don't know if it's ONLY Brad. Dmitry asked Mike in Holmdel this year about it and Mike said he knows fans want it but he was "outvoted" on it in the setlists. Chester wants to play it, he loves the song and it's no secret he blows the fuck up on it. Chester even got the song played in Melbourne last year, when it was audibly obviously that the fans wanted ITE over APFMH when it came to that fan vote and Chester said fuck it, let's do APFMH. I love it.

I do know that in August, LP didn't show any interest when making the Carnivores setlists in keeping the rarer Hybrid Theory songs around. By that, I am referring to Forgotten, By Myself, and Pushing Me Away. Runaway was kept because the transition to Wastelands is good and even though Chester doesn't like the song, they seem to be ok with keeping part of it. I guess APFMH falls into this category. I can ASSUME that based on Brad's activity on the actual stage that he does not enjoy playing the heavier songs and he likes the different stuff. A good example of this that I can give you is OSC at San Diego in July. He goes behind the keyboard on the bridge and looks extremely uninterested. Fast forward to Carnivores and he blows UP on Castle Of Dance - dancing around and going wild on stage. He doesn't seem to jam at all on the heavier stuff. So I assume it's Brad there, but it could also be Rob and Phoenix. You can rule out Mike and Chester (and probably Joe since he doesn't do much on APFMH), so half of the band is remaining when it comes to APFMH. So based on the on stage antics, Brad is the most likely candidate to me to vote OUT APFMH in the setlists.

It's no secret that APFMH is a fan favorite. I know everyone loves Papercut and Points so I don't know how popular APFMH is compared to THOSE songs, but I do know the crowd goes wild for APFMH and loves to see it live.

I also agree that surely they get bored playing Numb for the millionth time. Mike this year in an interview (anyone know which one?) or something said that they sometimes make songs in the studio for certain purposes (likely referring to radio play, for a big single to push to radio) that they feel obligated to play live. Aaaaand that's Burn It Down to me, ha. So I bet they're tired of playing that one too. Just drop one of those two and add in APFMH and bam, people are ecstatic.

Ok, Numb is not out of set to be one of the most popular songs but what happened to Crawling in 2012/2013? They won a Grammy for this song, everybody knows the lyric and we still can hear it on the radio. Now they are playing a shortened version and just in some concerts. I think we have something more than what you said.

Soul you are a fan girl you are super excited about BULLSHIT FILTER new set and you were crying before that because they had the same set for 3 years trolololol

Your example sucks balls, talk about other bands that really change their game, it's a joke using BULLSHIT FILTER as an example.. c'mon you even said it they had the same set for a long time.

Atleast LP change their set every touring cycle and they even change it up multiple times during that period of time.

You clearly didn't take a second to read the fucking paragraph.

Stop being a child and grow up, honestly. I might install the "bullshit filter" so I don't have to read your crap anymore. I'm adding something to the conversation, not fangirling over a band there. Seriously.

"tiny band" - OSCAR AWARD WINNING frontman, sold out the O2 Arena in 2010, tours more in one year than LP has in 5, continues to sell out arenas worldwide

"can't be compared with LO" - sonically, A Beautiful Lie and Minutes To Midnight are quite similar, some of the songs on their self-titled would probably fit with THP, Jared, Mike, and Joe are all passionate about art and film...

I can go on and on with this. The only person you're kidding is yourself.

That tiny band can't be compared with LP in any way.

Your hate for 30STM or Leto or whoever is REALLY clouding your judgement. Believe it or not, LP and 30STM are actually quite similar in terms of pretty much everything except that LP is slightly heavier. 30STM is just as big of a band as LP is. I'm sorry to have to break that to you.

Anyone remeber Bucharest 2012 ? Mike had keyboard problems at the beginning of 'New Divide' so it was stopped and aborted. Over the next few minutes, Brad walked around to the rest of the band and got the band to play an impromptu 'A Place For My Head'.

Edited by AndOne
fixed formating

Fuck that shit we are talking about music not shemale movies

2010? Lol almost 5 years ago probably this is the last time that I talk shit about them you are a fan and I should respect that.

and when was the last time LP played the O2? 2010.

This was entirely you're fault lol, I used them as an example and you decided to go ahead with your pathetic "bullshit filter" and completely shift the topic.

Moving on: Brasilia. yeah.

Ohh...

2014-CircuitoBancodoBrazil_zpse828f467.p

The second show of the band's short excursion in Brazil is happening in Brasília! The band will be performing as part of Circuito Banco do Brasil, at the Estacionamento do Estádio Mané Garrincha in Brasília. This will be the band's first time performing in the city.

Ohh... Brasilia is not a city, it's a federal district :)

Your hate for 30STM or Leto or whoever is REALLY clouding your judgement. Believe it or not, LP and 30STM are actually quite similar in terms of pretty much everything except that LP is slightly heavier. 30STM is just as big of a band as LP is. I'm sorry to have to break that to you.

Sorry to say this, but no they definitely are not. Has 30STM sold over 50 million albums? Have they won two Grammy awards for their music? Have they performed with Paul McCartney of the fucking Beatles? No. And their music is not similar to Linkin Park at all really, except for MAYBE some stuff on Minutes To Midnight, but that is the only thing comparable and only a few songs at best. I don't care how much you or Soul love 30STM and Jared Leto. I'm sick of reading about that band and that guy all the time on a LINKIN PARK FANSITE. I have no idea how Hahninator could have allowed his Linkin Park fansite to become so overridden by 30STM and Jared Leto posts. The band toured with them once this Summer, on Carnivores. They played a few shows with them back in 2007, but that is all. They have as much involvement with LP as about almost every single band that has ever toured with Linkin Park. I guess you guys should start giving us news on Hawthorne Heights then, too, because LP toured with them before as well. Etc. I mean cmon. Who cares if Jared Leto won an Oscar too btw, good for him, but that has absolutely nothing to do with MUSIC and is completely separate from 30STM as a whole.

Not sure where you're gathering that I like 30STM, because I don't. Also, the only time 30STM is really brought up is when JZÉ or you start shitting on them. You're part of the reason there are so many posts about that band. However, you're listing achievements the band has accomplished. Yes, LP did those things, but in today's pop culture, 30STM is incredibly popular. For a sample size, though it is small, of the people I know, more people know 30STM than LP. They obviously know ITE, Numb, and WID, but they aren't even aware that LP made those songs until I tell them. And before you try to spin that to say "Oh, that just shows that LP is big if people who don't know them listen to them", that shows those songs are big, not LP. That'd be like saying 30STM is good based on The Kill, the only song by them I do like, when that's not the case. On the flipside, I see people wearing 30STM merch on a daily basis. I'm also just gonna throw out there that LP made HT, which accounts for about 40% of their album sales, at a time where nu-metal was at its peak. Had LP released that at just about any other time, no way it would have done nearly as well. If 30STM came out with a pure pop album next year, then that would sell like fucking crazy. It's all a matter of releasing albums at the right time. In the grand scheme of things, LP is bigger, but as of now, 30STM is just as big as LP. Also, in terms of the music, of the few songs I've listened to from LLFD and TIW, they could easily find a home LT or MTM. We could argue this forever, honestly, and I thought we already dropped it, but you brought it back.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

Sorry to say this, but no they definitely are not. Has 30STM sold over 50 million albums? Have they won two Grammy awards for their music? Have they performed with Paul McCartney of the fucking Beatles? No. And their music is not similar to Linkin Park at all really, except for MAYBE some stuff on Minutes To Midnight, but that is the only thing comparable and only a few songs at best. I don't care how much you or Soul love 30STM and Jared Leto. I'm sick of reading about that band and that guy all the time on a LINKIN PARK FANSITE. I have no idea how Hahninator could have allowed his Linkin Park fansite to become so overridden by 30STM and Jared Leto posts. The band toured with them once this Summer, on Carnivores. They played a few shows with them back in 2007, but that is all. They have as much involvement with LP as about almost every single band that has ever toured with Linkin Park. I guess you guys should start giving us news on Hawthorne Heights then, too, because LP toured with them before as well. Etc. I mean cmon. Who cares if Jared Leto won an Oscar too btw, good for him, but that has absolutely nothing to do with MUSIC and is completely separate from 30STM as a whole.

I like how everything I've said has become "THIS ENTIRE SITE IS NOW 30STM OMG"

I won't argue to the point where I'll say you're wrong, but consider this:

1) So getting a Grammy almost 10 years ago and performing with Paul McCartney makes you a big band? It makes you a name in music, for sure, but that's not an accurate saying. Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters - all Grammy-award winning bands. They haven't performed with Paul McCartney - are they not as big as LP? Even bands who HAVEN'T won a Grammy (e.g. My Chemical Romance, Incubus) are still huge bands.

2) 30STM is definitely about as relevant in today's society, maybe not AS much as Linkin Park but definitely a close second. Maybe not in Geki's World, but if you searched something up on a news website, something about 30STM/Jared Leto would pop up. Leto's a household name, just as much as In The End is a song everyone knows. And if you care to argue, look at their touring schedule, at the very least. In this month ALONE their playing places LP hasn't even considered treading foot in. As much as Linkin Park wants to do something, they have the capability of doing so. MARS tours probably 2 or 3 times as much as LP does, and has the power to bring the big shows to the fans (VyRT). They're not even selfish about it - their sharing that opportunity with others, LP being one of them. MARS has a different history than LP, so it's unfair to say that they can truly do whatever they want. Maybe they have to push certain things because they HAVE NO RECORD LABEL. They literally have a team of maybe 30 people who do promotion/touring/merchandise/etc. They have to everything INDEPENDENTLY, whereas Warner Bros. knows LP is their top seller and will continue to push that fact.

3) "I guess you guys should start giving us news on Hawthorne Heights then, too, because LP toured with them before as well." Link a Newswire thread directly dedicated to 30STM (i.e. no mention or relation to Linkin Park). Then you'll have a point. A post by me does not qualify as the entire site reporting on 30STM shows/news.

4) "Who cares if Jared Leto won an Oscar too btw, good for him, but that has absolutely nothing to do with MUSIC and is completely separate from 30STM as a whole." Is it really, though? Have you not noticed that his popularity AND MARS's popularity have skyrocketed due to the Oscar? I'm sure if Mike or Chester won an award of that caliber (as a solo artist/actor), Linkin Park hype would increase as well.

5) "I have no idea how Hahninator could have allowed his Linkin Park fansite to become so overridden by 30STM and Jared Leto posts." He hasn't, and the site is still Linkin Park. My three sentences used as a basis of comparison in this thread. It's the people who are too immature to actually take their time and read the goddamn point I'm making who are fueling this LP/30STM thing.

I'd like to quote a man known as Skipees, since no one likes to take my word for anything.

If you don't read the sport section in the newspaper, do you actually call and ask not to send you this part? No, you just skip on it.

But here it's not the point right? You can skip on it, but it's bother you that's even THERE. The existence of this bothers you. I think you should stop with your control-freak-ness, you're the same one who decided that the "Count to one million" thread should be removed because it's bothering YOU just because it's THERE, there = the buttom sub-furom of the buttom section of the site. I have more examples if you want.

The fact is that all this 30STM talk wouldn't be as prominent as it is if people stopped arguing about it. I brought it up to prove a point, and because you argued it, it had to keep being brought up.

Also, the only time 30STM is really brought up is when JZÉ or you start shitting on them.

This is the most accurate thing someone ever wrote on this site. The only times that 30STM becomes a "subject" on the Newswire are because Geki or Joze.

---

I don't know if Geki and Joze are the same person or just behaving amazingly the same, but both of you should be a role model for Soul and COSE, but instead they need to explain to you where you're wrong time after time, after both of you taking turns on the daily bored on duty role and start spamming the site. They are more mature than you both will ever be, but you probably already know it. Both of you are always praising yourselves that you're here (community) since ever, but acting as a toddlers.

Geki you want to talk only about Linkin Park? You can open a fucking site for you and Joze (linkinparkonly.net - LPO) were only ten words are allowed: Linkin, Park, Chester, Bennington, Minutes, To, Midnight, Nothing, Else, Allowed. Here we don't have any similar rule, and since you're a user that using the information, media, exclusives and anything else that the site's giving you, and since you're having fun from all of these, you must stop disturbing other members who don't really want to read this conversetion in the middle of a show post (the same as you don't want to read about 30STM, sounds familiar?), it's not the place for this, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?

I have no idea how Hahninator could have allowed his Linkin Park fansite to become so overridden by 30STM and Jared Leto posts.

The same reason that you still have the abillity to spam a Newswire topic AGAIN, the same reason that your account is still active after all you've done all over the years - he likes music and people. Doesn't matter which music, doesn't matter which people.

--------------------------------

This conversion should be stop here, I know that you really want to keep arguing, and if you do, feel free to open a topic in the Bored Zone.

Fuck yeah everytime someone wants to talk about that boring band you can talk about it in the other bands forum or the boredom forum I'm down with that.

You don't see me spamming about Hayley Williams in LP related threads so I don't see a reason to keep talking about them

If the Echelon is that AWESOME go there and have a blast

Thanks Geki for that reply I owe you a cookie.

Edited by JZE-LINKINPARAMORE

So getting a Grammy almost 10 years ago and performing with Paul McCartney makes you a big band? It makes you a name in music, for sure, but that's not an accurate saying. Slipknot, Nine Inch Nails, Foo Fighters - all Grammy-award winning bands. They haven't performed with Paul McCartney - are they not as big as LP? Even bands who HAVEN'T won a Grammy (e.g. My Chemical Romance, Incubus) are still huge bands.

Well... the Foo Fighters DID performed with Paul McCartney

I dislike 30stm(they are not my cup of tea) but they are by no means a terrible band and it's obvious that so many lp fans like 30 stm so it's not a big surprise to talk about this specific band cause if you think about it, the band revolution is pretty similar to linkin park except THP which is something 30 stm wouldn't likely do in the future, also, i haven't found yet a 30stm fan (echelon) that legitimately hates LP , and that's considered a rare thing because pretty much most of the fans of other bands don't like LP in general, just saying ..

Ah, I see, so you're a transphobic piece of shit. Good to know.

I'm not.

We are throwing shit at each other and I'm sick of that, aren't we like a family? In the last page I moved on about this I know that a write once again a comment against that band but everyone attacked me so I had to say something I have nothing against Cass, Soul and Skipees also I have a huge respect for Astat I love LPL and most of the users.