Linkin Park Returning to South America in March 2015?

LeonardoMF93

Linkin Park will be returning to South America in March 2015, according to the Brazilian Press. Many news outlets, including the most important newspaper in the country (Folha de São Paulo), are reporting that the band is returning to South America to play Lollapalooza 2015 in Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires and Santiago.

Tickets are already being sold for the Brazilian festival, however, Argentina and Chile have yet to be released.

The band will be performing in Brazil in October as part of the Circuito Banco de Brazil, with Panic! at The Disco and more. If the band does end up performing Lollapalooza, this will be the first time the band has performed on two separate occasions in South America on a single touring cycle.

Possible Dates:

2015.03.14 - O'Higgins Park, Santiago, RM

2015.03.15 - O'Higgins Park, Santiago, RM

2015.03.21 - San Isidro Racecourse, Buenos Aires, AR

2015.03.22 - San Isidro Racecourse, Buenos Aires, AR

2015.03.28 - Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, SP

2015.03.29 - Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, SP

If the band performs on these dates, there will likely be more headlining shows added in between. More rumored dates for the band's touring schedule for The Hunting Party can be found here.

Sources: Folha de São Paulo, Popload, Rocknoize, Café Das Quatro

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2014 touring schedule here.

Edited by Hahninator

I think this is possible, for sure. The band themselves have said they want to tour as much as possible on this record, so I imagine they will tour until the end of 2015 and write a new album in 2016, so on and so forth. Cool.

I think this is possible, for sure. The band themselves have said they want to tour as much as possible on this record, so I imagine they will tour until the end of 2015 and write a new album in 2016, so on and so forth. Cool.

I was expecting them at Rock in Rio 2015. Lollapalooza has an indie music tradition and we all know that's not the Linkin Park style.

I was expecting them at Rock in Rio 2015. Lollapalooza has an indie music tradition and we all know that's not the Linkin Park style.

Well, Metallica was at Glastonbury, so, why not?

I really hope they come to México this time, I've been predicting this for so long, early 2015 has to be the time!

As with anything involving South America, my attitude is "not believing it until the band announces it themselves." For every legitimate concert promoter down there, there are about 15 scam artists who try to sell tickets to non-existent concerts. The quality of journalism isn't the greatest either, so regardless of how big the newspaper reporting it is, the amount of fact-checking they did before publishing the story is questionable.

I dont know if this website is trustable, but he's saying that the line up of Lolla Argentina has leaked and Linkin Park isnt on the lineup.

In the past years, the lineups of the 3 South American festivals has been very similar, with only some small changes. So according to this leaked photo, the possible lineup for the three festivals would include Coldplay, Jack White, Robert Plant, Pharrell Williams, Kraftwerk, Kasabian, Lana del Rey, Lilly Allen, Interpol, M.I.A., Weezer, James Blake, Portishead, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Foster the People, Wild Beasts, Bastille, The Kooks, La Roux, and more. See the leaked picture below.

http://indscene.net/2014/09/26/breaking-lollapalooza-argentina-lineup-leaked/

As with anything involving South America, my attitude is "not believing it until the band announces it themselves." For every legitimate concert promoter down there, there are about 15 scam artists who try to sell tickets to non-existent concerts. The quality of journalism isn't the greatest either, so regardless of how big the newspaper reporting it is, the amount of fact-checking they did before publishing the story is questionable.

You do not live here so I don't think that you are the best person to talk about our journalism

I dont know if this website is trustable, but he's saying that the line up of Lolla Argentina has leaked and Linkin Park isnt on the lineup.

In the past years, the lineups of the 3 South American festivals has been very similar, with only some small changes. So according to this leaked photo, the possible lineup for the three festivals would include Coldplay, Jack White, Robert Plant, Pharrell Williams, Kraftwerk, Kasabian, Lana del Rey, Lilly Allen, Interpol, M.I.A., Weezer, James Blake, Portishead, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, Foster the People, Wild Beasts, Bastille, The Kooks, La Roux, and more. See the leaked picture below.

http://indscene.net/2014/09/26/breaking-lollapalooza-argentina-lineup-leaked/

Similar but not the same. The are a lot of artists who played in one country and not in the other, like Jane's Addiction at Lollapalooza Brazil 2012, for exemple. Also, we don't know if this lineup it is true (like this new) because probably Coldplay will be playing solo concerts in Brazil.
The last two links are just blogs, the first two are trustable (the first one is one of the most important pages in Latin America).
The journalist who wrote the note on Popland is the same person who confirmed Linkin Park at Circuito Banco do Brasil in the middle of the year, so I think that we can trust him .

None of the sources mentioned they are going to Arg or Chile. The rumours is only about Sao Paulo!

Yeah, you're right but I think that I read something about it in somewhere. (maybe they edited the post, I don't know).

None of the sources mentioned they are going to Arg or Chile. The rumours is only about Sao Paulo!

I just posted it, because Leonardo posted on the main post about "possible dates"

Possible Dates:

2015.03.14 - O'Higgins Park, Santiago, RM

2015.03.15 - O'Higgins Park, Santiago, RM

2015.03.21 - San Isidro Racecourse, Buenos Aires, AR

2015.03.22 - San Isidro Racecourse, Buenos Aires, AR

2015.03.28 - Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, SP

2015.03.29 - Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo, SP

So, probably Buenos Aires isnt going to have a LP show. At least, second this line-up, not on Lollapalooza.

Edited by Biel

You do not live here so I don't think that you are the best person to talk about our journalism

He is right though...

I just posted it, because Leonardo posted on the main post about "possible dates"

[...]

So, probably Buenos Aires isnt going to have a LP show. At least, second this line-up, not on Lollapalooza.

I think only the São Paulo dates should be listed in the main post.

I think it's possible they play there. I'm sure they fared well when lollapalooza asked which band would you like to see in the next festival. If they play in brazil probably they will in both chile and argentina too. the only exceptions between line up have been jane's adiction (which played on every first lollapalooza in each country - chile 2011, brazil 2012, argentina 2014), RHCP (which was replaced with Muse in Brazil, because RHCP played a 4 dates tour in brazil a few months before lollapalooza), and of course, the national bands.

on a side note, tickets for both lollapalooza chile and lollapalooza argentina are in sale now and since from quite a while (Chile since august and Argentina since september).

He's right! The notes are just about Sao Paulo but I think that they edited the page. I remember to read about it in somewhere, maybe on Lucio Ribeiro's Twitter.

Edited by LeonardoMF93

LP is still negotiating with Lollapalooza AND Rock in Rio... nothing is confirmed right now. but Rock in Rio have a really high possibility to pick them from Lolla, once they are already confirmed for the USA edition.

I think that Lucio Ribeiro (from Popload / Folha de Sao Paulo) did wrong saying that they are already confirmed, once he always say that when they are still in the negotiation process.

I really hope that LP come for Rock in Rio, once they haven't performed at the brazilian edition yet.