Mike's Solo Medley

GlassCastles

What verse(s) do you want to see over the medley?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. .

As of the last show in Clarkston (08.30.2014), Mike has done only 4 verses from 4 songs for the public to see (unless you count the RTN 'Hybrid Verse' as two verses). He did a fifth verse, When They Come For Me v2, at the West Palm Beach rehearsal, but that has yet to be done on stage for a crowd. In case you're curious, the "verse score" as Mark once called it is now:

Remember The Name - 10

SKIN TO BONE Remix - 7

When They Come For Me (v1) - 6

Hands Held High - 2

When They Come For Me (v2) - 1 (WPB Rehearsal Only)

So, the simple question stands, what do you guys think Mike should do over the medley? Personally, I think High Voltage fits the medley perfectly after the Remember The Name chorus.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

Wow damn I forgot all about V2 of WTCFM. If we hadn't parked the car and cut the lights off we would have never heard it haha. I wonder if he did even more after that....he was doing an extensive rehearsal at the end of his medley.

I think he said Reading My Eyes is too fast...didn't someone ask him in Europe?

I think High Voltage, Step Up and There They Go would be good. Icing on the cake would be Spraypaint & Inkpens or Carousel. Those two...damn. So I'll vote for all 5!

I think he said High Voltage was too fast to do, and someone asked for him to play RME ( probably as part of the medley) and he jusy did it over BIO intro

I don't get the "High Voltage is too fast" thing. I've rapped it on the medley myself (don't judge) and it sounded just fine. If he can do Hands Held High on it, he can do High Voltage. Regarding RME, Jonas asked at Rock Am Ring and Mike did Hands Held High instead because he said it wouldn't work.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

lol, Mike's Solo Medley is 90 BPM during the W&K verse and 95 during the part he can change up... to put that in perspective:

Remember The Name: 85 BPM

SKIN TO BONE Remix: 90 BPM (I think)

When They Come For Me: 92 BPM

Hands Held High: 104 BPM

High Voltage: 94 BPM

I think someone just forgot his verse :P

I'll vote for High Voltage, Spraypaint, Nobody's, TTG, and In Stereo.

Another thing to keep in mind is the number of bars each verse is. The portion of the solo medley after the Remember the Name chorus is 16 bars long (technically 20 bars, but those last 4 bars only have vocals over them if Mike does the Remember the Name chorus again at the end). A lot of Mike's verses are 16 bars, but he also does some that are 8 or 12. So even if the BPM matches up, it still might not work.

Just echoing what Soul and Astat said. You'll need to do a bit of research into the verses if you want Mike to work one in. Anything around the 90BPM is good but it also has to match the bars of he instrumental section.

I've been meaning to go through and see what fits (and try and put them over the studio remake I did) but havent had the time as of late. I will do it eventually...

• 2 weeks later...