Final Masquerade finally leaked

It's believed that the song will premiere on Monday if you want to wait till then.

I think this is the first big leak for THP. Rebellion was posted on the Russia iTunes right before Chester's interview with BBC 1. I don't remember their being one for UIG or GATS. And of course Mike "leaked" Wastelands.

For the fellow fans holding out, we only have 10 more days!! (or until the whole album leaks somewhere).

Haven't checked the lyrics against the song yet but it's been out for a few hours now and this seems pretty on the money:

Tearing me apart with words you wouldn't say

Suddenly tomorrow's moment washed away

Cuz I don't have a reason and you don't have the time

But we both keep on waiting for something we won't find

The light on the horizon was brighter yesterday

Shadows floating over, skies begin to fade

You said it was forever but then it slipped away

Standing at the end of the final masquerade

All I've ever wanted, the secrets that you keep

All you've ever wanted, the truth I couldn't speak

Cuz I can't see forgiveness, and you can't see the crime

If we both keep on waiting for what we left behind

the final masquerade

the final masquerade

Credit to Death Slayer over at LPA.

:) I really like it. Not as diverse as people have made it out to be as a song but I think it definitely shows LPs diversity. If that makes sense.

Edited by hitamonkey

Review:

Going into this song, I was expecting a ballad ala Minutes To Midnight's Shadow of The Day or A Thousand Suns's Iridescent. What I got instead was a poppier rock track sounding like a mix of Out of Ashes and A Thousand Suns. Chester's vocal delivery is easily a highlight of the track as he looks back upon a relationship that crumbled despite their efforts to keep it whole, singing that the "light on the horizon was brighter yesterday." Instrumentally, the track is very reminiscent of the atmospheric A Thousand Suns intertwined with the bands return to 80s and 90s rock. It can easily be compared to a rock ballad straight off the soundtrack of an 80s movie. Lyrically one of the better songs that have been shown thus far, only slightly falling short of the previous promotional single Rebellion in that regard. Overall, a solid track and definitely my personal favorite of the pre-release tracks.

Vocals - 10/10

Instrumentation - 9/10

Lyrics - 9/10

Overall - 9.5/10

For comparison,

Rebellion - 9/10

Wastelands - 7/10

Until It's Gone - 8/10

Guilty All The Same - 7.5/10

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

FYI, It was self-tagged and encoded with LAME3.98. So, unless someone had just a disc with this single on it, which I find highly unlikely, they have the entire album. Leak soon.

Since FM will be a single there are promo CD's with just the song. Some radio stations might have such a CD because it will premiere on monday. So it's not that unlikely imo

Edited by wiiesel

Since FM will be a single there are promo CD's with just the song. Some radio stations might have such a CD because it will premiere on monday. So it's not that unlikely imo

I don't know. Do you think radio stations are still getting CD's? It seems more likely they have access to MP3 downloads.

But also, it was self-tagged. A straight rip from a radio promo would have been pre-tagged.

Edited by HybridThe0ry97

First song of the 5 that I have listened to again in under 5 minutes. I really like it so far and the drums are nice on it. Organs might be prominent on this album, since they are on UIG. Just wish there was a better solo, but the "Green Day solo" that Brad does is actually kind of appropriate for this song, since it isn't meant for anything complex. I learned the song on bass on my second listen to it, and if anyone wants the chords:

Cm-Eb-Cm-Eb for intro

Eb-Gm-Fm-Cm for chorus

I think the verse is similar to the intro, I'll have to listen to it again.

Anyway, I won't rank it until I have given it a day's listen, but my current ranking of the other 4 is as follows:

GATS=Wastelands>Rebellion=UIG