Linkin Park to Play Jimmy Kimmel Live on June 19th

hahninator

1iota has confirmed that Linkin Park will perform at Jimmy Kimmel Live on June 19th. Tickets can be reserved here.

This will be the band's fourth time performing at JKL, the first coming in August 2003 for Meteora and the most recent coming in June 2012 for Living Things. The band usually performs two songs for the TV broadcast and a few others for fans, totaling around six songs in all. In 2007, they took exception to this when they performed a full show at the House Of Blues in Los Angeles (which we STILL don't have a setlist for, so if you went and happen to remember it or have a picture of it, let us know!).

In late 2013, Mike and Chester joined Steve Aoki at Jimmy Kimmel Live indoors to perform A Light That Never Comes.

6/11 EDIT: The performance has been canceled. Read the email sent by 1iota here.

Guessing they'll be playing UIG and Wastelands. Glad we'll have another proshot of a couple of the new songs.

I disagree and say they'll be playing GATS and UIG. And then for the other 6 songs of the show, like: (in no order)

Wastelands

One Step Closer

Burn It Down

In The End

Faint

New Divide

This is great. I have missed any coverage for the past two shows as I have been away and working so I am excited to be around for a broadcasted show.

I assume they will be playing the two singles for broadcast (Guilty All The Same & Until It's Gone), unless for some reason they want to really push Wastelands. Aside from that, I'm sure they'll play Wastelands and some other singles from Hybrid Theory & LIVING THINGS.

I disagree and say they'll be playing GATS and UIG. And then for the other 6 songs of the show, like: (in no order)

Wastelands

One Step Closer

Burn It Down

In The End

Faint

New Divide

GATS is too long, it'd eat up their entire time slot. They'll probably play it but it won't be one of the two songs that are aired.

I'd say they will play Until It's Gone, for sure. Probably GATS, probably Wastelands. I don't think they'll play any other songs from the new album, I think they will wait until Carnivores or whatever pre-shows come before it to perform more songs from the album. Anyways, I will be tuning in for this. Always fun staying up late to watch LP on Kimmel. Did it in 2003 (right around when I joined the LPU and first got into the band), 2007 and 2012, I remember all of those.

Wastelands seems most likely for what we have heard so far, but they will show 2 songs on TV (unless they cut the broadcast short again) and then play a few others for the crowd. At least 2 of the songs will be from THP and those two will be broadcasted.

GATS is almost 6 minutes and might be a little much for the show (10% of the airtime, not counting commercials), so if that is played i would imagine it would be the radio edit that is under 4 minutes. But who knows, Rakim could even come on for a nationwide broadcast if we are lucky.

Blah, I'm still on the waitlist for tix. It's a little different from past 1iota events where you instantly got them.

I'm guessing UIG and Wastelands. GATS was Mike's way of pushing a song out to everybody to show the true material versus poppier label selected songs. Wastelands > GATS in terms of label appeal.

Blah, I'm still on the waitlist for tix. It's a little different from past 1iota events where you instantly got them.

I'm guessing UIG and Wastelands. GATS was Mike's way of pushing a song out to everybody to show the true material versus poppier label selected songs. Wastelands > GATS in terms of label appeal.

Yep, truly agree. I'm currently still on the waitlist and i feel like we will be for a little while longer as 1iota sifts through all the requests and looks at attendance history and so on and so forth.....I'll keep you posted on any other developments.

Edited by MrJQ23

Yep, truly agree. I'm currently still on the waitlist and i feel like we will be for a little while longer as 1iota sifts through all the requests and looks at attendance history and so on and so forth.....I'll keep you posted on any other developments.

Cool, glad I'm not the only one.

Cool, glad I'm not the only one.

yah on 1iota's twitter page today, they retweeted somebody already getting their "priority" tickets. i have not received an email from 1iota saying the tickets are available, but i'm sure they send out the tickets in batches....

that is the info i have so far, any word on your end?

yah on 1iota's twitter page today, they retweeted somebody already getting their "priority" tickets. i have not received an email from 1iota saying the tickets are available, but i'm sure they send out the tickets in batches....

that is the info i have so far, any word on your end?

LOL saw that. They responded and said they'd be going through today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed

Yeah maybe it's something like they can't do an outdoor show on that day at JKL, or they can't get the stuff set up that day or something. Weird. Very strange something like this to happen.

1iota on Twitter says that they'll record a few songs in another venue and show it on Jimmy Kimmel. Might be from the iHeart Radio Show or something.