Julien-K "Live CD" to be released on October 03rd

Qwerty95k

I definitely wouldn't have heard of JK had it not been for DBS/LP, but i do like their stuff independently to that.

all this business recently with JK just smacks of unprofessionalism on someone's part. I'm sure that this kind of stuff happens all the time behind the scenes, but having it spill over into a public forum has been a PA disaster.

I'm just hoping that this mess with the Live CD gets sorted and they can push on with releasing new material.

Ah man. I really don't know what to think about this. Who's in the wrong here? It sounds like both sides are pointing to the finger to each other. I mean at first that letter made me feel very simpithetic with the manager. But after reading Ryan's comments I'm more on the fence again.

But the whole "refunding" thing pisses me off. Ryan didn't even mention that. I'm so glad I never preordered anything cause who knows if we'd every get our money back.

And also what the hell is the big deal in releasing live tracks anyway? Even if they've postponed it until after LA Noir that's better than what they're doing now.

That's my 2 cents

I've been listening to Julien-K since 2003, so that's my answer. :)

Fair enough. However, until this day, I still have no idea why LPLive.net will cover Julien-K and SOB stuff, even having it's own Julien-K section.

We don't have a live section for SOB (even though I wish we did), but we do have one for Julien-K. Both are super small bands with no other site to cover them so we wanted to give them a home. They don't take up a lot of space here lol. SOB was in FM, JK was in DBS. There aren't any other LP side projects (we cover STP of course but that's different) so don't worry about other bands coming in.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

lmao. knowing their then manager got fired due to that project done/announced allegedly without their consent, this feels like an extreme dick move, somehow. Could've used a different live compilation after all, using the more recent touring since their split with him.

Julien-K - "Unauthorized Live In Europe"

Tracklisting:

01. Intro
02. We're Here With You
03. Surrounded By Cowards
04. Fail With Grace
05. Palm Springs Reset
06. Colorcast
07. Nights Of Future Past
08. Flashpoint Riot
09. Someday Soon (Remix)
10. Breakfast In Berlin