Chester talks about "The Hunting Party"

danielpsoad-09

I can't agree with that.

Sure? It's weird, because....

It's such an awesome mix. I discovered all the tracks used in the mix. Here they are...

Disturbed - Down With The Sickness

Trust Company - Downfall

Drowning Pool - Bodies

Deftones - Back To School (Mini Maggit)

Trapt - Headstrong

Korn - Freak On A Leash

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby (some kind of weird remix of it)

Crazytown - Butterfly

Limp Bizkit - Nookie

Papa Roach - Last Resort

Evanescence - Bring Me To Life

Disturbed - Stupify

Snot - My Balls

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

Kid Rock - Bawitdaba

Kittie - Brackish

Powerman 5000 - When Worlds Collide

Static-X - Push It

I love all the tracks. The only ones I did not know about before this mix were Trust Company, Snot and Kittie.

And yeah, btw, Chester hates nu-metal. Unfortunately, I don't take Chester's opinion as godly.

Edited by Qwerty18

If you guys haven't figured it out yet, I post stupid stuff like that all the time. When it comes to things like that, I am 99% joking or trolling. I don't like nu-metal, everyone knows that. MTM is my favorite LP album for fucks sake. That nu-metal playlist Mike made was awesome, though. It was funny to blast and hear people say turn it down.

Also, I do love Hybrid Theory & Meteora. NOT because they are nu-metal and I think the songs are good, though. I love them because they hold special meaning to me (like most LP fans) and I grew up with those albums. In no way, shape or form would I ever consider them better than MTM, ATS or LT. They are fun to play loud sometimes and rock out. The lyrics are lackluster on those albums and I don't like the whole nu-metal thing going on. This is all funny because the first album I ever bought in my life was Significant Other by Limp Bizkit and I used to listen to other nu-metal bands at the time like System and Disturbed and shit. I just grew up and learned that nu-metal is terrible around 2004 or 2005 and then LP changed in 2007 and it further made me despise nu-metal.

Here is a quote from Chester for you guys.

"But we've really moved away from anything that sounds like nu-metal. I know that we kind of helped create, I guess, the sound of that genre, but I hate that genre. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but I can personally tell you that I am not a big fan of almost everybody in that category. There are a few bands that I don't really believe belong in there, and we're one of those bands."

Edited by Geki

The fact that you have to justify yourself and say you're trolling, that means you're not a troll. You just contradict 90% of the things you say haha.

So this, as well as something Mike said in another recet interview, confirms Hybrid Theory will be played front to back, rather than broken up into the set.

Ok Geki, you don't like nu-metal, but you don't hate it either. You like some nu-metal songs/bands. I don't like any song because it belongs to a certain genre, In don't think others do it either. For me every genre is neutral, if there's a song in a genre that I like, I don't care which genre it belongs to, I like it. If there would be a nu-metal song from a typical nu-metal band, that you would feel deep inside you you like it, would you show you don't like it in front of others, because it's nu-metal?

I hate people who cares a lot about genres, get over it! as a long as any song touches your Søuł that's enough.

Agreed. I don't think I've ever dismissed an artist because they play a certain genre, and people who do are missing out on some great music.