Brad Delson Promises Guitar Driven Record

Dave-Stone55

Brad Delson recently sat down with Music Radar to give an exclusive interview about Linkin Park's upcoming 6th record, which is as of yet untitled (though rumors are suggesting it is called The Hunting Party). In the article he says the album will be purposefully guitar driven, something that was clearly teased in 'Guilty All The Same', which featured a very progressive guitar solo outro that was new territory for the band. Highlights include Delson joking that this record is an "alternative Hybrid Theory," or even its prequel, and that more guests will be featured on the record, also a rare move for the band. He mentioned that guitar solos feel like they are "meant for every song on the album." Both Mike and Brad will be co-producing the album together, a first for Linkin Park. Enjoy!

Read the full interview here. Thoughts?

AWESOME interview!

Only at the second page and I'm even further pumped for the album. Mike is finally producing an LP album! And Brad as co-producer is cool too. Thus also excites me:

That’s what motivated us to make the first record, and I would say that same hunger and desire to fill a void is what motivated us to make, for us, a heavy record with a lot of technicality to it. It’s extroverted and unapologetic and demanding, and at the same time, it’s song oriented.

I really doubt that these guys started to create this album just 6 months ago. This album started with o before the Living Thing sessions. Living Things was a "meanwhile" between ATS and The Hunting Party.

Looks like is a raw version of MTM or a old version of the nu-metal like that awesome mashup betweet Public Enemy and Anthrax.

Edited by maik_gianino

LOL are you high? That doesn't makes any sense.

Question: Why do you always question everything that Maik say? Have something against him? It seems a bit ridiculous to question everything that he say. That's what I always see.

And back to the topic, to me this album can be good without the guests, with Rakim is enough.

Question: Why do you always question everything that Maik say? Have something against him? It seems a bit ridiculous to question everything that he say. That's what I always see.

Do you agree with his comment about THP being made at the same time than LT?

And it's not a personal thing if i don't agree with someone I would tell him no matter who he is, tell em Soul lol.

I really doubt that these guys started to create this album just 6 months ago. This album started with o before the Living Thing sessions. Living Things was a "meanwhile" between ATS and The Hunting Party.

Looks like is a raw version of MTM or a old version of the nu-metal like that awesome mashup betweet Public Enemy and Anthrax.

Mike scrapped all the demos they had written, read the article. They probably started writing for the album (with the new direction) around September of 2013, right after the LT cycle ended in Asia, so it would be, in fact, around 6 months. Even so, I don't buy that. The band claims to be writing all the time, but things can change throughout, etc, once the album cycle for their previous album ends is when they REALLY start writing the next album.

Edited by Geki

Maybe it's all because of the different types of music we listen too, but I'm so used to having other artist on songs. It could be a band or just a solo artist but for the people that say "Having guest on the album' kills it" is something brand new to me. Sometimes it makes the song better and it shows how advance LP could be with other Artist from different genres of music. Look at Recharged for example. The rappers used on that album I would of never thought they could work with LP but I bet that is Mike's doing. When RAKIM was used on GATS, I was hyped. That opens up to a larger world of people and builds the fan base. Another example is that it gives LP more exposure, yeah there one of the top bands in the world, but in a area like where I live in NYC, they are known for TF, NBA playoffs last year with BID, and for working with Jay-Z. It's all about the singles but if you have well known artist on the album. That would aloud ppl to listen to more LP & there albums. So yeah, they may be one of the biggest bands in the world, but they need the right expose to be one of the top artist. Think about it, if a song came out 2-3 months ago, it is already consider old & out of date. So unless your a big fan, LP is not going to stay on in sales (States wise) and having more Guests would help that (States rise)

EDIT: I kinda went off point somewhere here but I hope somebody gets what I'm trying to say.

Nice interview by Mr. Delson.

In my opion, i feel like, if you're an Linkin Park fan since Hybrid Theory and stuck with them over a decade and KNOW how THEY WORK and what their MINDSET is, you should not be suprised if they're start doing or having features.

I am open to hear what Linkin Park is set to do in 2014. I like seeing the band that i love grow and expand their musical tastes.

Just my 2 cents.

Can't wait to hear the album!

Edited by Jawnson

I have rarely, if ever, been so excited about a future LP release.

An unexpected guitar-driven musical direction, more longer songs, more intensity and agression, more guitar solos, more collaborations, an ambitious mindset "to fill a void".... Bring on the record LP! :D

Edited by Qwerty18

That’s what motivated us to make the first record, and I would say that same hunger and desire to fill a void is what motivated us to make, for us, a heavy record with a lot of technicality to it. It’s extroverted and unapologetic and demanding, and at the same time, it’s song oriented.

Well, I wouldn't say HT had a lot of technicality, when it comes to guitar.