Las Vegas Show Added for January 10th, 2014

lpplus

Would you guys classify this show and the LA show as LIVING THINGS cycle tour dates or 6th album cycle tour dates?

Probably 6th album cycle. The LIVING THINGS tour ended in Asia last year, so probably the next album cycle, or just label them as one off shows, not related to any album cycle.

I don't view shows like that. I don't view shows as one off. For example, I classify the 2006 Summer Sonic shows as MTM cycle, or the 2009 shows as ATS cycle, etc. Either way I'm going to classify it as LT shows but I was just wondering what you guys thought.

I don't view shows like that. I don't view shows as one off. For example, I classify the 2006 Summer Sonic shows as MTM cycle, or the 2009 shows as ATS cycle, etc. Either way I'm going to classify it as LT shows but I was just wondering what you guys thought.

You can't say that those shows we're part of any cycle because they weren't promoting anything at the time they did those shows. What you could say is that they were shows the band decided to do so they could step away from the writing and recording process for a little while. Kind of like what Metallica did with their "Escape From The Studio" and "Sick Of The Studio" tours in 2006 and 2007.

You can't say that those shows we're part of any cycle because they weren't promoting anything at the time they did those shows. What you could say is that they were shows the band decided to do so they could step away from the writing and recording process for a little while. Kind of like what Metallica did with their "Escape From The Studio" and "Sick Of The Studio" tours in 2006 and 2007.

I basically just view them as in the same 'era' as the album, it's just how I classify my LP collection of pics.

The 2009 tour was solely because of New Divide. That was the big push for the tour to happen. 2006 was just an escape from the studio tour but I still classify it as the end of the Meteora cycle. When new songs pop in, I start a new cycle. For these 2 shows, it's the LT world tour still. Perhaps they play another LT song there. If not, they're still playing a setlist similar to what they played in 2013, most likely. I'd definitely be up for a debate if they come out swinging with a 100% different setlist for these two shows but that is very unlikely.

ATS and New Divide always seemed similar to me because they have somewhat similar lyrical themes and the band WAS working on music for ATS in 2009. Rather than classify it as it's own section, I just include it with the ATS era. I also include the Summer Sonic 2006 shows as MTM era because they DID play Qwerty and that was worked on at the Laurel Studio where they worked on MTM. I just find it easier to include off years into the era's for my LP pic collection, it's just solely for my own categorizing. I was just interested in what all you guys thought about this topic.

I am hoping to make it to the show. I live in Buffalo and with this blizzard we are having all flights have been canceled and my plane was suppose to leave this morning. Managed to switch flights and have to drive to Cleveland and fly out tomorrow. This will be my 6th time seeing them live and I don't think I have ever been more excited.

Hey, question:

The LP show will start at 9:00PM or the first band will play at 9:00PM?

I'm assuming its the first band at 9:00PM. Hoping Redlight Kings set isn't too long. Nothing against them, but I thought it was going to be just a LP show when I first bought my ticket.