Poll: Your Favorite LPU XIII Song

hahninator

LPU XIII  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite song on LPU XIII?

• Basquiat [2007 DEMO]
    • Holding Company [2011 DEMO]
    • Primo [I'LL BE GONE - LONGFORM 2010 DEMO]
    • Hemispheres [2011 DEMO]
    • Cumulus [2002 DEMO]
    • Pretty Birdy [SOMEWHERE I BELONG 2002 DEMO]
    • Universe [2006 DEMO]
    • Apaches [UNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.1]
    • Foot Patrol [UNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.2]
    • Three Band Terror [UNTIL IT BREAKS DEMO NO.3]
    • Truth Inside A Lie (BY RYAN GILES) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]
    • Change (BY BETA STATE) [LPU SESSIONS 2013]

It's honestly a tie between Primo and Three Band Terror. I really like the acoustic version of the UIB outro, and definitely not what I expected that to have stemmed from. On the other hand, Primo is just badass in almost every way. Change is also up there.

Edited by CASTLE OF GLASS

I know right now that I am going to be the only one to vote for this song, but I voted for 'Change' by Beta State. I fucking love that song. The vocals are incredible and it has awesome lyrics, a great melody, just overall a great song IMO. I like all of the LP demos on this release almost the same except for Universe, but only because I don't see the point in having that on the CD if they gave it to Kenna and Lupe to use for Download To Donate in 2010. I wish there was some background info on these demos, I would like to know about that demo.

I voted for Cumulus. That song is better than all of LIVING THINGS to me....

They abandoned writing such amazing music and it seems on LT they just wanted to write something "different" instead of something with amazing quality. I mean damn, UIB has nothing on any other LP song lol. LGM? C'mon. Cumulus blows that stuff away.

I know right now that I am going to be the only one to vote for this song, but I voted for 'Change' by Beta State. I fucking love that song. The vocals are incredible and it has awesome lyrics, a great melody, just overall a great song IMO. I like all of the LP demos on this release almost the same except for Universe, but only because I don't see the point in having that on the CD if they gave it to Kenna and Lupe to use for Download To Donate in 2010. I wish there was some background info on these demos, I would like to know about that demo.

Background info I hope is in the LPU package. I actually was discussing this today with Jonas. We found Mike's commentary on the LPU 4 and LPU 11 songs. Is there commentary for LPU 9, LPU X and LPU 12? We can archive it here on LPLive in our new version. A page for that would be very simple to do!

Background info I hope is in the LPU package. I actually was discussing this today with Jonas. We found Mike's commentary on the LPU 4 and LPU 11 songs. Is there commentary for LPU 9, LPU X and LPU 12? We can archive it here on LPLive in our new version. A page for that would be very simple to do!

Mike on LPU 4.0.

Mike on LPU 11.

Brad on LPU 12.

The LPU 5.0 newsletter is about Qwerty.

I've heard there's something about "What We Don't Know" (maybe other songs too?) on the LPU X newsletter.

There is definitely commentary on LPU12, but from Brad. It's in the CD case. I posted it back in December of last year I believe. LPU11 had commentary on the CD case as well. LPUX didn't have track by track commentary, except Brad did say he loved WWDK in the newsletter. I don't think LPU9 had any commentary as well as LPU8, LPU7, LPU6, LPU5, LPU3 or LPU2. Where is the LPU4 commentary? Would love to see that.

LPU 4 is not much but this is it:

http://lpcatalog.com/content/items/lpu/lpu4/lpu4-cd_3.jpg

It's still more than we get for most CDs.

2.0 we need but don't have. Remember that A.06 was titled "A.6" then "A-Six" then "A.06" for the LPU CD. And it originally had vocals ("just drag it out, remember" from the Meteora DVD). That's all I know about anything on that CD.

The LPU 5 info about QWERTY seems to be wrong as it says the song came from Grecian and the band said at least 3 times (through chats, interviews, videos, forum posts, blog posts, etc) that those are two totally separate songs. Work on Grecian was stopped and they worked on QWERTY instead, which was a song idea by Phoenix.

We can post the 11 and 12 info here since those LPU versions are over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...