The LPU XIII CD bet

[AndOne]

C.

IN MY REMAINS remix I think will appear.

I hope we get a full Meteora b-side ("thoughts that take away my pride" demo would be great) and Pictureboard.

Or I guess I can go on a small rant again.... The reason LPUX, LPU11 and LPU12 have fallen out of line with people I think is because they have all of these instrumentals/half completed demos watering them down. What about the demos of the album songs like we got on LPU9? Fear, Drawing, Drum Song, A-Six, and Figure.09 are great. Where are the demos of like The Messenger with a choir, Blackout with alternate demo lyrics, etc? I think a lot of people like to see how the album songs come together versus having half completed demos of songs that didn't make it far along in the process.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C.

IN MY REMAINS remix I think will appear.

I hope we get a full Meteora b-side ("thoughts that take away my pride" demo would be great) and Pictureboard.

Or I guess I can go on a small rant again.... The reason LPUX, LPU11 and LPU12 have fallen out of line with people I think is because they have all of these instrumentals/half completed demos watering them down. What about the demos of the album songs like we got on LPU9? Fear, Drawing, Drum Song, A-Six, and Figure.09 are great. Where are the demos of like The Messenger with a choir, Blackout with alternate demo lyrics, etc? I think a lot of people like to see how the album songs come together versus having half completed demos of songs that didn't make it far along in the process.

If there is a IMR remix on LPU13, I wouldn't mind much. I just don't want a CD full of remixes and shit like that. I want some good demos on LPU13 (thoughts that take away my pride mostly). I just want it to be good. I also agree about the demos from LPU9 with scat vocals, etc. I would definitely prefer those over the instrumental demos we have been getting. Some of the instrumental demos we got were cool, but a lot of them just seem overly filler. I would love to see some of the ''heavier'' MTM demos that the band was making before they went the opposite direction for that album, as well as a complete Meteora B-side like the thoughts that take away my pride demo. Pictureboard of coarse I want. Let's pray that LPU13 is good.

I was thinking like this too. I have a feeling that we will have only demos from songs we already have and, yes, maybe one or two remixes. And this would be great IMO. I know that would be very great a Meteora B-Side, an unknown demo from ATS, or even Pictureboard :D, but I'm waiting so long for a Blackout/The Catalyst demo, a No Roads Left with Chester vocals, a Figure.09 with singing verses or even another vocal take...

So if I'm right, and I know that I'm not :P, my LPUXIII Wishlist would be:

01. Somewhere I Belong (2001 Original Version)

02. No Roads Left (Optional Vocal Take)

03. Pac-Manny (2009 Blackout Demo)

04. Holding Company (Lost in the Echo Original Demo)

05. Figure.09 (2003 Demo)

06. 21 Stitches (Given Up Original Demo)

07. The Catalyst (2009 Original Demo)

08. Sick (Don't Stay Demo)

09. Accident (2006 Bleed It Out Demo)

10. Insert the song with Beta State here :D

I was thinking like this too. I have a feeling that we will have only demos from songs we already have and, yes, maybe one or two remixes. And this would be great IMO. I know that would be very great a Meteora B-Side, an unknown demo from ATS, or even Pictureboard :D, but I'm waiting so long for a Blackout/The Catalyst demo, a No Roads Left with Chester vocals, a Figure.09 with singing verses or even another vocal take...

Funny you mention 21 Stitches, because I asked Mike if he would put it on LPU12 (it was last summer, LPU12 wasn't out yet obv) and he said it would be cool for us to hear. I guess it means that 21 Stitches was different or interesting, compared to the final version, Given Up. Maybe he chose it for LPU13, though I won't hold my breath. Anyways, those demos sound cool to have. We already got a Figure.09 demo, so I don't think they would give us another demo of it. Accident, Sick, Pac Manny would all be amazing, and of coarse hearing the Chester take on No Roads Left would be epic. Cool list.

Funny you mention 21 Stitches, because I asked Mike if he would put it on LPU12 (it was last summer, LPU12 wasn't out yet obv) and he said it would be cool for us to hear. I guess it means that 21 Stitches was different or interesting, compared to the final version, Given Up. Maybe he chose it for LPU13, though I won't hold my breath. Anyways, those demos sound cool to have. We already got a Figure.09 demo, so I don't think they would give us another demo of it. Accident, Sick, Pac Manny would all be amazing, and of coarse hearing the Chester take on No Roads Left would be epic. Cool list.

I actually think the opposite ahah

I'm way more interested in those half completed demos that didn't make it far, for the sole reason that they feel more new and exclusive. Stuff like Drum Songs or Fear doesn't do much for me, honestly. I feel like I pretty much know 80% of their sound before they even start.

Edited by Qwerty18

Everyone that loses has to use a silly avatar (within the forum rules, gifs are allowed too) for 1 week to be determined by the winner or winners, if there's for some reason no winner we'll find another solution.

I'll mark here who's really gonna stand behind his vote.

Chose B or C:

• Hahninator 11/21
  • michalangelo 11/19
  • Justin 11/19
  • CASTLE OF GLASS 11/20
  • Geki 11/21
  • lpmaskmancick 11/21
  • LPngdf 11/21
  • MacGyver 11/21
  • Ducko 11/22
  • Numbrocker 11/22
Guest of honor: