MTV World Stage / More Show Info

hahninator

First of all:

"According to MTV, Amy Winehouse is on the bill for its brand new series titled "MTV's World Stage," a series the network says will feature live performances from around the world every Friday night.

Winehouse, who has long been at the center of controversy including stints in rehab and an ongoing divorce battle, will join Linkin Park, The Pussycat Dolls, Enrique Iglesias and Coldplay on the concert series."

Next, a pretty reliable source (my friend Alex from Sweden) has informed me that the festival organizer for Hultsfred 2009 has confirmed to him that Linkin Park will not be playing the festival this year. The text is translated (so it's rough), but here you go: "Linkin Park has not been available for Hultsfred this year, as they will do some dates on Sonisphere. So they are not booked at Hultsfred. The Linkin Park follows with Sonisphere to Sweden is not clear yet. But it is the chance we have to get them this year. So we can always hope."

However, on Saturday, July 18, Sonisphere is playing in Hultsfred, Sweden. Linkin Park is *heavily* rumored to be playing this show since Slipknot is playing a festival called "Metaltown" in Sweden at the same time (official Slipknot confirmation is being waited on).

Any thoughts on the band possibly playing any other shows?

EDIT: LP.com has confirmed the Sonisphere shows in Finland and England for the band. Hopefully there are more shows....

And Chester says here that, "I can't promise because we're still writing, but I'm going to put it out there that you might hear some new stuff from us."

Is Linkin Park playing at....World Peace One?

I'm not really sure. I think I heard from someone that one of the Slipknot members publicly denounced LP, but I can't back that up. It seems they don't get along though. I never heard of them hanging out on Ozzfest 2001 at all even though LP did with a few of the other bands.

Slipknot just recently said they were going to overtake Metallica as the biggest rock band or some shit, so it seems their ego is HUGE. (rofl @ them signing to open for Metallica now XD). They probably think they are much better than LP but I have no idea. I have no knowledge of any SK/LP relationship as in like Corey/Chester or anything so if you ask me it seems likely (but not confirmed) that they aren't friends at all.

About MTV World Stage, I hope I'm mistaken but I think will be aired the short version of Road To Revolution already aired in most of the country for the series "MTV Live".

Anyway the Linkin Park episode does not appear yet on the MTV's schedule.

Edited by Mark86

Come on guys, leave Slipknot alone, you cant really judge them because you dont know them. And i know what you are thinkin, they are not playing one show together during this tour. But thats because they only want 1 big band per show. And about Slipknot not doing even one show in Sweden, is because Metaltown have been talking about getting them to play at their festival for a long long time. Its actually the most voted band on the festival website! Right after is Rammstein, haha. And i though that the frat party footage with Mr.Hahn and Sid Wilson (DJ of Slipknot) scatched some vinyls or w/e was at Ozzfest 01 ? So lets not jump to conclusions too early.

Cheers for mentioning me, Mark!

Edited by Combalex

Slipknot just recently said they were going to overtake Metallica as the biggest rock band or some shit, so it seems their ego is HUGE. (rofl @ them signing to open for Metallica now XD).

Slipknot are most likely the headliner of the other night, wouldn't call that opening.

Yeah that with Joe and Sid was on Ozzfest, you are right, we shouldn't judge when we have no clue.

I'm not really sure. I think I heard from someone that one of the Slipknot members publicly denounced LP, but I can't back that up. It seems they don't get along though. I never heard of them hanging out on Ozzfest 2001 at all even though LP did with a few of the other bands.

Slipknot just recently said they were going to overtake Metallica as the biggest rock band or some shit, so it seems their ego is HUGE. (rofl @ them signing to open for Metallica now XD). They probably think they are much better than LP but I have no idea. I have no knowledge of any SK/LP relationship as in like Corey/Chester or anything so if you ask me it seems likely (but not confirmed) that they aren't friends at all.

I just remembered! Frat Party. Joe and Sid are scratching together, so at least 2 get along to our awareness, though no-one says they're still friends.

EDIT - Ahh beaten to it twice!

Edited by Wilderness

Slipknot are most likely the headliner of the other night, wouldn't call that opening.

Yeah that with Joe and Sid was on Ozzfest, you are right, we shouldn't judge when we have no clue.

all of the sonisphere dates are one day apart from knebworth date knebworth is the only sonisphere date that is 2 days on the finnish date lp will be under Metallica

Edited by sian18

Seems pretty likely to me that they'd do the last 3 Sonisphere cities. Makes sense to me.

they havent confirmed for the other gig yet and there is also another sonisphere show in the works witch might happen but might not

Right. I know they're not confirmed, but I mean it'd make sense. Anyway, what city is the other Sonisphere show that's being worked on going to be in?

cant say cose theres loads of places still being looked at they havent decided were they want it yet

have you seen this yet

The Sonisphere festival is a new type of event which will host a number of top acts on one stage, with very few little-known bands playing.

Other groups believed to be in talks to perform include Guns N' Roses, Iron Maiden, Foo Fighters, Muse and the Stereophonics

from http://www.javno.com/en/bestseller/clanak.php?id=232408

Edited by sian18

the show is confirmed on LP's myspace as well

wooot for it happening

someone should check poochs blog or ask him if DSPs will be made for the shows

LP hasn't asked him to work with them yet. I don't think they are at the stage yet where they are picking the crew to take with them.

He is mixing the Guns N Roses World Tour that starts in a few months so he might not be able to do LP. It's all up in the air at this point. Once we get much closer to the shows I'll get with him and see about DSPs, even though I think they are unlikely.

What the.... http://www.last.fm/event/890572

Linkin Park@World Peace One, Saturday 6 June 2009 ?

Also:

according to Kerrang a newly reformed Faith No More and Alice in Chains will play as special too! :D

Please guys help me.Answer where can I get tickets ? i need them tommorow

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...view=getnewpost

What the.... http://www.last.fm/event/890572

Linkin Park@World Peace One, Saturday 6 June 2009 ?

Also:

according to Kerrang a newly reformed Faith No More and Alice in Chains will play as special too! :D

Please guys help me.Answer where can I get tickets ? i need them tommorow

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopi...view=getnewpost

according to this, lp would not play at rar/rip :blink:

Collision, I doubt it's true, but I hope so :)

Do you know something 'bout the MTV's shit? Will it be a new concert or a broadcast of an old one? :)

EDIT: The Last.FM's info sounds... interesting. But I like only LP and Aerosmith. Akon and Justin Timberlake? I don't want to see LP playing on a stage with them...

Edited by dark_master