Linkin Park to play Las Vegas in January for MFR

SergSlim

Courtesy of the latest email from Music For Relief, we have learned about a new Linkin Park show in January in none other than....you guessed it....the usual place of Las Vegas, Nevada. Here's the email:

"HELP POWER THE WORLD WITH CLEAN COOKSTOVES FOR A CHANCE TO MEET LINKIN PARK

Posted Image

Electricity is a privilege unavailable to most poor families in Nepal, so they use thousands of pounds of wood for cooking. Smoke from these indoor fires results in 4 million deaths (mostly women and children) per year from lung and heart diseases, cancers, burns and more. Join us to provide clean biogas cookstoves to benefit people, wildlife, and the planet. If you raise $565 for one biogas system by November 22, you will be entered to win tickets to see Linkin Park at a small, private show in Las Vegas in January."

More information can be found here.

Seems cool I guess. They sure love playing Vegas, but that's besides the point. I highly doubt the new album will be close to be done by January, but I guess there is a very small chance they could play something new, or maybe a rare song. I doubt we will get much info from this show because it's a private show and DSP's are long gone.

Outside of LA and Las Vegas, Astat pointed out that the band only played fourteen USA shows for LIVING THINGS. Las Vegas and LA got the sole USA shows in 2013. And LP's usual warmup show before an international tour is in Vegas. It'd be nice if they for once decided to do something somewhere else, like the NYC ATS album release show.

Nashville (where MFR just did a huge Bonnaroo-area cleanup in Manchester), Miami, Chicago, etc would be nice for a chance. Vegas seems to get LP more than any city besides their hometown. Does MFR even do anything in Vegas?

And now with this show, it seems LA and Vegas will be the only cities the band has played in some form every year since 2011.

Seems to be something similar to the Mayan show in 2011. I guess it's a real show, if it was just for 20 people it would be at Third Encore.

Chiba.

Yes, they did Chiba in 2012 as well but those weren't real shows, just short TV performances.

It'd be nice if they for once decided to do something somewhere else, like the NYC ATS album release show.

I was at that show, that was a great concert. It would be cool if LP did NYC again. It's always LA or Vegas.. What about the rest of us? Lol.