Does anyone care?

hahninator

How many LP fans here are actually on board with the whole STP thing? I don't see a lot of response to the shows (not just forum replies but I mean in general) and I don't really know in general how the fanbase reaction is for Chester singing with STP.

Since it's live stuff with an LP member, obviously we are going to cover it but we will cover LP as usual and put up some LP media for you LP fans that don't care for STP.

I was just wondering because I don't see as much interest from the LP community with STP as I thought there would be.

I think after the EP will released we will see more interest from the LP community. FM and DBS was new solo projects so they was more "popular" in the community. STP already exist band with 6 albums and a different style, so it's a different story.

Yes!!! Please don't stop the coverage! I'm relying on you guys since it all happens while I'm in bed!

I'm a sort of STP fan (I listen to Thank You- their greatest hits) but generally only knew about Scott so it's all kind of interesting to follow and keeps me entertained in the LP lull.

Also, I'm always generally interested in anything LP does (I once dragged a friend round Melrose ave looking for Suru- totally not worth it)

But I agree with Skipees, I think the album will bump interest too

Edited by Kirstie

The majority of LP's fanbase was probably 10 years old or younger when STP was in their prime. Chester's really singing for a band from another generation here, so I doubt a lot of LP fans will really be "into it." I'm sure people will check it out, but there is a VERY large chunk of the LP fanbase who had never heard an STP song prior to Out of Time (I've seen a LOT of people say so).

Plus a bunch of people are probably off crying somewhere about how "LP broke up" just like they did when Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise were announced. The ignorance of the casual music fan never ceases to amaze me - I STILL talk to people who think Mike quit the band in 2005 (the same kind of people who only heard Where'd You Go off the Fort Minor record, and their exposure to Linkin Park amounts to Hybrid Theory, the Meteora singles, What I've Done, and New Divide). "LP just hasn't been the same since that rapper guy quit!"

Edited by Astat

Although I'm technically one of those '10 years old or younger guys' (damn, I was born a few months after Purple's release), I love STP. I'm really into grunge, so I'm quite fond of their earlier stuff. I'm still to hear some of their records, but I've played Core and Purple a lot. And I liked their 2010 record, even though I was not really aware of the band back then and it was actually the first album of theirs I heard. So with that said - I really dig the idea of Chester fronting a band like this. However, as they are really not one of my most favorite bands, I can't really say I'm interested in their shows. I don't really care about setlists - Linkin Park is the only band that I'd check the way their tour goes, and I listen to so many bands, with some of them - as much as LP, or even more. But that's just me - I think it's nice to cover the tour on LPLive. Keeps things interesting and maybe even brings some STP fans on board. :)

I care. I think it's awesome. I love Out Of Time, and I can't wait to see them on tour on Monday. I also think the EP will have some very good songs on it. A lot of LP fans didn't like DBS either, so I guess that's just how it is. It's because this type of music is nothing like LP's type of music, maybe fans aren't into it.

Edited by Geki

I care more about butthurt reactions to everything STP does than the actual music they're putting out.

I've been rubber-necking on some of the fan forums, too. It really is kind of fascinating. They've got more endurance than I think I'd have in the same situation. This has been going on since May.

Anyhow, agreed with the comments that there will be more interest once the EP comes out. I'm super interested, but only because I've had/will have the opportunity to see the tour. (I saw Bethlehem on Wednesday, and I'm also doing Atlantic City, Huntington, and Vegas.). And I'm a lot more interested than I already was now that I have seen one of the shows -- I thought Chester and the band completely and totally KILLED it on Wednesday, and it was absurdly fun watching all the guys so obviously having so much fun on stage. But yeah, don't think I'd care all that much that they were touring if I wasn't going to be able to hit any of the shows, and it's a pretty limited tour they're doing!

I've posted some pics from Wednesday's show in Bethlehem to Flickr if anybody's interested: STP in Bethlehem, PA

Great quality.. We can use those for the live guide.

You're welcome to use them! I've got tons more from the show that I just haven't had the time to edit and post, so I'll be adding to the set over the next week or two. I'll also post if I get anything decent from the other shows I'm attending. I'll be with friends at the Atlantic City and Vegas shows, so I probably won't worry about getting too close to the stage or fiddling with my camera much. But I'll be alone at Huntington, so I'm planning to arrive early and hopefully get a good view near the stage.

I was one year old when STP released their debut, and personally I'm not into them. I like Interstate Love Song a lot, but that's pretty much it. I never disliked them but I never liked them either. They were just a band I knew existed. lol. The thing with Chester is awesome but it's more because I'm more happy for him, then I am excited to hear the new music. I'll listen because it's Chester, but no, personally I'm not "excited" about it. Kinda like DBS. I listened and supported Chester, but that wasn't really my taste either.

I've posted some pics from Wednesday's show in Bethlehem to Flickr if anybody's interested: STP in Bethlehem, PA

AMAZING quality!

"LP just hasn't been the same since that rapper guy quit!"

I've heard that so many times... but you don't know musical ignorance until someone you know says "who is Linkin Park?" Just saying..it's happened.

Edited by Justin

Thanks, enjoy at the shows. ;)

---

From what it seems after the Starland Ballroom show, people like the new STP way more than I (/we) thought. I don't know how many exactly are from the "LP side", but they're definitely were part of the crowd.

we always seem to get complaints when newswire covers JK yet we run that anyway, so with Chester being in STP, it's a much more legit reason to be in the newswire than JK does.

I'm not moaning about JK (because I like them) but it's clear that this shouldn't be an issue.

I am a tad interested in STP, I actually got introduced to them via LP - Chester talks about them so much I figured I'd better check them out, same way i got listening to Jane's Addiction - I really like Plush as a track, but I've not heard much else, not even the chester stuff :ph34r: