Los Angeles LPU Event w/ LP on September 11

hahninator

From the LPU:

"You are invited to a one night only event with members of LINKIN PARK in the Los Angeles area to be held on the evening of 9/11.

The first 25 LPU members to RSVP will be sent a confirmation e-mail and will be able to bring 1 guest.

To RSVP click here."

Linkin Park's new game LP Recharge comes out on September 12th (see the trailer with Lorenzo above) and will feature their new song with Steve Aoki entitled 'A LIGHT THAT NEVER COMES'. This event obviously has something to do with LP Recharge, but we are unsure exactly what will take place at the event. Will the band perform the song with Steve Aoki?

What? Steve isn't even mentioned in the thing, it's just that ALTNC is in the trailer lol.

I just said Steve don't have scheduled shows in this day, so it's possiblly that they will perform together - as answer to Mark's question.

Is it "Skipees explain your posts" day and no one told me?

I don't think steve would fly in from europe and back for one day.

I think it will just a chance to play the game one day before the actual release and afterwards a small Q&A session with the bandmembers (most likely only Mike and someone else I guess)

Edited by graveguard

I don't think steve would fly in from europe and back for one day.

I think it will just a chance to play the game one day before the actual release and afterwards a small Q&A session with the bandmembers (most likely only Mike and someone else I guess)

Right! Like they did for 8-Bit Rebellion, and they got to hear Blackbirds afterwards. It's exactly like that.

You guys think Chester is going to fly back to LA for this? He's have to come in from NY either after the show on the 10th or leave the day of on the 11th, and then leave for the OKC show on the 13th.

Personally getting tired of LA events being sponsored by LPU. Only purpose of LPU for non LA fans is the early entry into shows IMO.

It says with members of Linkin Park. Doesn't automatically mean Chester. In fact, I wouldn't count on Chester being there. I am 90% sure he won't be there. Anyways, since I don't think Chester will attend this, they obviously wouldn't be able to perform ALTNC with Steve Aoki. I thought Steve Aoki was on a tour right now anyways? I bet this will be to test out the game, meet and talk to some of the band members, and hear ALTNC before anyone else or whatever.

Chester preforms with STP the day before in NY, and Steve is preforming in Europe at the time. I think we can remove A Light That Never Comes performance off the options list. It will probably be the rest of the band doing a special Recharge event. They will probably give some exclusive information about the game to the fans, let them play the game, and they might even let them hear the full studio version of A Light That Never Comes.

Solved?:

Enter To Win An XBOX 360 & Play Linkin Park’s New Game ‘Recharge’ With The Band!

Listen to KROQ every day at 9:10am, 12:10pm, 3:10pm and 6:10pm for your chance to win an XBOX 360 and a year’s subscription to XBOX Music! Everyone who wins will also play XBOX with Linkin Park as they launch their new Facebook game RECHARGE and help unlock their new song “A Light That Never Comes” at a secret party on Venice Beach! Caller 20 at 800-520-1067 wins!

RECHARGE officially launches Thursday, September 12th. Get more info at LPRecharge.com.

Source.

I guess this is it. But maybe there will be some sort of a A Light That Never Comes listening party after they play the game.

Yeah, probably.

Secret "Event" can be a anything, on "California" can be anywhere. But secret party on Venice Beach can be only a party on Venice Beach. There's no secret here lol.