Below Empty

RogueSoul

It'd be 'Linkin Park without Chester Bennington'

Eh, maybe for some people. I wouldn't listen to LP at all anymore if Chester was no longer a part of the band. It's all subjective for people. I can see where STP fans are coming from. Scott was their singer and they won't accept a new one. We are all biased and we can all easily say they are immature and stupid, etc. But if another singer replaced Chester, I would probably shit talk the band to no end (especially on social media) and everything because I would be upset. I wouldn't accept a new singer. I can see where they are coming from. I think it's best for LP fans to just ignore what STP fans and Scott have to say about Chester and LP, etc. It's not worth getting upset over, because you will never get through to them, they won't accept a new singer.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But if another singer replaced Chester, I would probably shit talk the band to no end (especially on social media) and everything because I would be upset. I wouldn't accept a new singer. I can see where they are coming from.

Even if hypothetically Chester will start to ruin the band?

Eh, maybe for some people. I wouldn't listen to LP at all anymore if Chester was no longer a part of the band. It's all subjective for people. I can see where STP fans are coming from. Scott was their singer and they won't accept a new one. We are all biased and we can all easily say they are immature and stupid, etc. But if another singer replaced Chester, I would probably shit talk the band to no end (especially on social media) and everything because I would be upset. I wouldn't accept a new singer. I can see where they are coming from. I think it's best for LP fans to just ignore what STP fans and Scott have to say about Chester and LP, etc. It's not worth getting upset over, because you will never get through to them, they won't accept a new singer.

Ehh...as someone whose favorite band of all time has gone through 10 different members over the years (the band is a 4-piece, mind you), and played in a band that went through 8 members in a year and a half, I wouldn't even flinch if Chester split from LP. I'd be disappointed about it, sure, but I'd only stop listening if the new singer/material written with the new singer sucked. As long as the music's good, I don't really care who's making it.

But Geki is listening to Chester Bennington, not to Linkin Park, this is why it's so important to him. He don't really care if any other band member will leave the band (or all of them lol).

This is why I don't understand the point of "shit talk the band to no end (especially on social media)" if Chester will be replaced. Just listen to his other band/s.

But Geki is listening to Chester Bennington, not to Linkin Park, this is why it's so important to him. He don't really care if any other band member will leave the band (or all of them lol).

This is why I don't understand the point of "shit talk the band to no end (especially on social media)" if Chester will be replaced. Just listen to his other band/s.

I probably wouldn't really ''shit talk'' LP on social media, I would just stop listening to LP and stop caring about the band. I would probably write my 2 cents worth and leave it at that. I would listen to Chester's other bands. Even now, I listen to DBS, BOW, Grey Daze, Camp Freddy and now STP more than I do LP's music. The thing I love the most about LP is Chester's voice. I don't really care all too much for Mike's rapping or singing, and I don't really care much about the ''music'' without Chester's vocals. I guess I'm more of a Chester fan than I am a Linkin Park fan. I was a huge LP fan up until ATS and LT, I didn't enjoy those releases as much. I feel like Chester used to be the leader of the band up until ATS, and now Mike is the leader of the band. So I realized it's really Mike's band, seeing as how everyone says he writes all of LP's music and decides what direction they take, etc.

I probably wouldn't really ''shit talk'' LP on social media, I would just stop listening to LP and stop caring about the band. I would probably write my 2 cents worth and leave it at that. I would listen to Chester's other bands. Even now, I listen to DBS, BOW, Grey Daze, Camp Freddy and now STP more than I do LP's music. The thing I love the most about LP is Chester's voice. I don't really care all too much for Mike's rapping or singing, and I don't really care much about the ''music'' without Chester's vocals. I guess I'm more of a Chester fan than I am a Linkin Park fan.

This sounds a lot better than before.

I was a huge LP fan up until ATS and LT, I didn't enjoy those releases as much. I feel like Chester used to be the leader of the band up until ATS, and now Mike is the leader of the band. So I realized it's really Mike's band, seeing as how everyone says he writes all of LP's music and decides what direction they take, etc.

It's funny how you think Chester was the "leader" in your favorite albums, and then Mike took the leadership from him in your least favorite albums. What a coincidence.

This sounds a lot better than before.

It's funny how you think Chester was the "leader" in your favorite albums, and then Mike took the leadership from him in your least favorite albums. What a coincidence.

No, I feel like Mike really took the forefront with ATS and then with LT. In the past albums, he wasn't as present, especially with MTM. With ATS, he kind of directed the band in that direction and he did a lot of rapping and singing on the album, as well as writing a lot of the stuff, etc. He also is a very present on LT in almost the same way. I guess what I'm saying is that I never really viewed Mike as the main person of LP, or ''the guy who writes the songs'' up until ATS. And yes, I'm not gonna lie that I love HT, Meteora and MTM a hell of a lot more than ATS or LT. I'm not saying Mike isn't talented, it's just that it's not really my cup of tea.

No, I feel like Mike really took the forefront with ATS and then with LT. In the past albums, he wasn't as present, especially with MTM. With ATS, he kind of directed the band in that direction and he did a lot of rapping and singing on the album, as well as writing a lot of the stuff, etc. He also is a very present on LT in almost the same way. I guess what I'm saying is that I never really viewed Mike as the main person of LP, or ''the guy who writes the songs'' up until ATS. And yes, I'm not gonna lie that I love HT, Meteora and MTM a hell of a lot more than ATS or LT. I'm not saying Mike isn't talented, it's just that it's not really my cup of tea.

Don't get me wrong, I have recpect to most of your opinions, but sometimes I feel like you're changing the reality to what you want it to be, and I'll explain:

MTM-ATS-LT produced by Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin. More than that, Mike had a huge influence on MTM. You know what? Even more than that, I think Mike led the band to the MTM direction, let's say - no Mike no MTM.

But you splited it to HT-M-MTM/ATS-LT when it's really HT-M/MTM-ATS-LT.

The truth that we all know is - if Mike was the mighty leader (at any point) the direction was Hip-Hop, and if Chester was the leader the direction was grunge (or maybe even electronic music). Since we didn't got any of those - there's no "leader" in the band. Maybe Mike is doing a lot of stuff, but he's not the only guy in the band. Linkin Park is definitely not "Mike Shinoda and his friends".

---

One more important point, I saw you and a few more people "blaming" Mike for taking LP to electrinic direction, when we all know Chester is ten times more electronic music fan than Mike.

Don't get me wrong, I have recpect to most of your opinions, but sometimes I feel like you're changing the reality to what you want it to be, and I'll explain:

MTM-ATS-LT produced by Mike Shinoda and Rick Rubin. More than that, Mike had a huge influence on MTM. You know what? Even more than that, I think Mike led the band to the MTM direction, let's say - no Mike no MTM.

But you splited it to HT-M-MTM/ATS-LT when it's really HT-M/MTM-ATS-LT.

The truth that we all know is - if Mike was the mighty leader (at any point) the direction was Hip-Hop, and if Chester was the leader the direction was grunge (or maybe even electronic music). Since we didn't got any of those - there's no "leader" in the band. Maybe Mike is doing a lot of stuff, but he's not the only guy in the band. Linkin Park is definitely not "Mike Shinoda and his friends".

---

One more important point, I saw you and a few more people "blaming" Mike for taking LP to electrinic direction, when we all know Chester is ten times more electronic music fan than Mike.

Take it easy.

The BelowEmpty situation is frustrating. Rik and Ivy who created it did amazing work with the live archives and what not, great stuff and I admire their work ethic with all of that, but right now I totally disagree with the way they're running the forum/site. The name of that section is ridiculous, even for the people who disagree with keeping the name, the reality is the name of the band is Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington! It just makes the forum look like a clusterfuck and is probably confusing to any new fans who go on there. Closing the board for a few months was lame too, and they wouldn't even link to the one I made so I had to frantically find members on Twitter to get the STP fan family back together. It took me an all nighter/5-6 hours to contact everybody.

I was cool with everybody leaving STPfans.com and going back to BelowEmpty.com when it re-opened but now I'm not as sure. While there definitely should be discussion on the merits of using the name and fair criticism of Chester, there is blatant trolling going on on BelowEmpty, shit that should all be in one thread is in EVERY thread. I've kept STPfans.com opened though in case a group of fans get fed up with BelowEmpty and want to go there, or for if BelowEmpty closes again.

While there definitely should be discussion on the merits of using the name and fair criticism of Chester, there is blatant trolling going on on BelowEmpty, shit that should all be in one thread is in EVERY thread.

You can estimate how many members doing this? I mean how many (%) are okay/not okay with Chester?

Anyway you're always welcome here.

Ok well I might be wrong but I feel like I'm included there, so let me set the record straight. I love all of LP's albums. There is no album that I feel they started to go downhill, or that I don't listen to, or anything like that. Also, I feel like while Mike isn't the "grand leader" of LP, I do know he is the most present member on EVERY album even if it's not vocally. Contrary to what Geki said, Brad even said himself in the making of Meteora that Mike is the only one involved in every part of every song beginning to end because "Mike is like the glue" of Linkin Park.

Now about the electronic stuff. I like ALTNC, and I listen to SOME EDM music (not LP related), and I don't hate it. If any music sounds good I will listen to it. The way I feel is that I'm just not a fan of LP going down that road. The way I said it came across wrong because it seemed like I was just assuming "well...that's it. LP will become an EDM 6-piece now". Truthfully though, even if their whole new album DID sound like ALTNC (that genre) I would be disappointed, but I would still love it, even if it had to grow on me. I can't see myself ever saying "I'm done with LP." and meaning it. Whatever they make WILL sound good. LP won't put their name on something that sucks. It's just I would think (at least at first) this is some damn good music...I miss the way LP used to sound though. And before you say it, I'm NOT one of "those" fans, who refuse to grow with LP, I have and always will accept their stylistic changes and their right to explore new territory.

Last thing, when you say "blaming Mike" it seems like you're saying that it was a complete negative. I like Mike. Mike is my favorite musician in the world, not just Linkin Park. He inspired me to get into music, the dude changed my life. So no, I'm not "blaming" Mike for anything.

Mike is to me as Chester is to Geki lol!

Last thing, when you say "blaming Mike" it seems like you're saying that it was a complete negative. I like Mike. Mike is my favorite musician in the world, not just Linkin Park. He inspired me to get into music, the dude changed my life. So no, I'm not "blaming" Mike for anything.

I meant to people who think that the leader Mike took LP to make some electronic stuff because he wants it. While he's probably listen to electronic music because Chester.

In another words - If LP gonna do EDM EP/Album/Collaboration, that's because LP wants, not because Mike wants.

Guys ,you are talking about Mike and new sounds in every topics.it's not good.you have to stop doing this.make a new thread for Mike and new sounds and talk about these things at there.

Only here and in the ALTNC threads, can you show us the rest of the "every topics"?

Anyway sometimes the conversion is getting far from the main subject. This happend because people talk. We are not talking about Mike or EDM specifically, we are talking about "Reactions to surprisng things that the bands did".

Only here and in the ALTNC threads, can you show us the rest of the "every topics"?

Anyway sometimes the conversion is getting far from the main subject. This happend because people talk. We are not talking about Mike or EDM specifically, we are talking about "Reactions to surprisng things that the bands did".

And this topic is about below empty

And this topic is about below empty

Exactly:

Below Empty->Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington->"Reactions to surprisng things that the bands did"->EDM, Mike and the band direction.

The conversation is evolving here, because if not we had 9000 threads with 2 or 3 comments.

If this post was in the Newswire or even in the Got News sections, you had a point. But here, as long as everybody keeps the conversation as conversation and not as a personal disputes or something - that's fine.

• 2 weeks later...

My account there has now been banned from posting. Look at all of my posts, I said literally nothing even semi offensive, etc. Wow. Crazy fucking admins.

Typical Rik Leushuis behavior. Shame he lives in the Netherlands, don't think my arm can reach QUITE that far to slap him. :lol: