Below Empty

RogueSoul

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would think the forum is run by a bunch of 13 year olds (no offense Soul). There's a difference between being a fan of a singer and completely kissing his ass.

No offense taken, it's true. Even I wouldn't be THAT butthurt if something like this happened to LP

OMG, this guys in the below empty forum are kids, I was reading the comments about the name and the problem of not accepting Chester as the lead singer of STP, damn it's like a bunch of LP haters they act like children fighting over something so childish aaaaand! I read the comments about the artwork of the EP, God! They still think that the LP artwork are like Reanimation or Meteora style, someone say "Looks like Linkin Park artwork" and other guy say "I don't see any giant robots or men in gas masks", haha tha's so stupid, my conclusion is that forum is full of LP and CB haters.

You know, the majority of the people in the topic discussing the forum name change are actually being level-headed about it, so at least there's that.

Why are we talking about this shitty STP forum? The people on there don't even like being there from what I read.

an STP forum bitching about chester, is no different to and LP forum bitching about an STP forum.

Agree but not exactly, I think it's even worse. They're talking about "their" new singer, not about (no offence->) "who knew about this site 3 months ago" forum.

I'm very back and forth on the whole situation but deep down I know that rising above the hate is the best option and really hoping Chester goes out there and serious kicks ass and shuts all the haters up.

I am sure Chester is more than capable of rising to the occasion. (performance related/non dirty pun)

They are easily being very childish about the entire situation but a lot of people don't know Below Empty was a very valuable resource for our FVT 2001 info, especially on Chester's page (for full STP setlists, etc). Reviews there have helped us fix venues we otherwise wouldn't have known about, like the Charlotte venue that was downgraded from an arena to an auditorium with seats. They have assisted us greatly with the live guide but I do agree they are stuck up Weiland's ass, to put it nicely.

They didn't updated the 2013 shows at all, no mention of Out Of Time (or the EP - but it's too soon) in the discography, it's not even under featured/solo released. All the 2013 information is just missing from the guides.

It's a tricky situation for them, they don't want to call the band Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington, but in the other hand they can't call them in another name in guide.

---

I wonder if they announced that they're breaking up, and in the day after "establishing" new band - Temple Pilots (yes, without the Stone[d]) with Chester, what was the STP's/Scott's fans reaction.

Let's put it this way: As a lifelong KISS fan who has put up with "Eric Singer/Tommy Thayer are talentless hacks/how dare they use Ace and Peter's makeup on other people" talk for the last 11 years from the mind-numbingly idiotic inhabitants of KISSFAQ...I can honestly say the people at Below Empty are TEN TIMES worse. These people exhibit the level of idiocy that's usually reserved exclusively for the comments section on Blabbermouth.net.

I personally see the Dean, Eric, Robert + Chester section as a passive aggressive way of the site owner showing that he's on Scott's side, especially since it was actually named STPWCB first.

Plus Chester doesn't have a section in the "band members" so yeah I think that a large part of it is personal.

I go every now and then to see if I missed any new STP info, but really I just want to bash my head when I read a lot of the posts. StoneTempleBrett created stpfans.com which was way better IMO. However, it seems they all jumped back over to BelowEmpty when it reopened.

Below Empty is the biggest non-official site of STP?

Yeah, they've been around since 1999. Pretty much the go-to site for the STP fan community until recently. Now there are a couple new sites popping up from people splitting away from Below Empty (both because of disagreements over STP with Chester, and because of the site shutting down for a while when STP with Chester was first announced).

Kind of sad to see their webmaster turn this childish over something that countless bands have been through, particularly when Below Empty had done a great job of being a professional, reliable STP resource for well over a decade. They need to get somebody new in charge over there who doesn't have their head up their ass.

Edited by Astat

Now there are a couple new sites popping up from people splitting away from Below Empty (both because of disagreements over STP with Chester, and because of the site shutting down for a while when STP with Chester was first announced).

That was a lil' bit weird.. It felt like they're waiting for permession from Scott to be active.

What are to other sites except stpfans.com?