STP w/ Chester to play Soundwave 2014

Pez

The Australian Soundwave Festival for 2014 lineup has just been announced! After Linkin Park was featured on the bill last year, Chester will be heading down under again with Stone Temple Pilots!

Posted Image

The dates are:

2/22/14 RNA Showgrounds, Brisbane

2/23/14 Sydney Olympic Park, Sydney

2/28/14 Flemington Racecourse, Melbourne

3/1/14 Bonython Park, Adelaide

3/3/14 Claremont Showgrounds, Perth

Tickets go on sale Sept 5th.

Great news for Australia/New Zealand people. Good line-up, although I do prefer the 2013 line-up a little more. I have a feeling STP with Chester will be a bigger thing than a lot of people think. It won't be just a little side project.

I have a feeling STP with Chester will be a bigger thing than a lot of people think. It won't be just a little side project.

Me too, I just wonder how the setlists gonna look after they will released full album, more STP old singles or more new songs with Chester.

Me too, I just wonder how the setlists gonna look after they will released full album, more STP old singles or more new songs with Chester.

And maybe the odd Chester related LP/DBS song? Like Velvet Revolver used to do?

*cometoukandnotjustlondoncometoukandnotjustlondoncometoukandnotjustlondon*

You're referring to Morning After or in general?

Just in general, though Morning After does seem to be his 'go to song' so probably.

If Chester was to do a solo Linkin Park song which would he pick? BTH? Numb?

Or maybe he'll just do a couple of covers, Bucket of Weenies style.

Endless possibilities.

If Chester was to do a solo Linkin Park song which would he pick? BTH? Numb?

I don't think he will do something like this in STPWCB show. The only song he's "using" outside the band is The Messenger, and it's definitely not fits to their style (imo).

Haha no. 10 Years have played overseas before. They headlined some small shows in Australia in 2005. They also played festivals in Europe in 2005, including a few shows with Tool (or APC). Germany was included. Download 05, or whatever year Jon Davis didn't sing with them, Jesse came out and sang a song of theirs as a guest during their set. There are YouTube videos. And finally they were at Summer Sonic 06 with LP.

2010, South America and then Russia recently. This is far from their first international run haha. They'll add some headline shows too.

I highly doubt Chester would get a solo song during the STP set. STP will be performing older material as well as their new stuff, and Chester wrote the new material with them, so that technically is partially "his" music. No way in hell they do an LP song, lol

I highly doubt Chester would get a solo song during the STP set. STP will be performing older material as well as their new stuff, and Chester wrote the new material with them, so that technically is partially "his" music. No way in hell they do an LP song, lol

I agree, and I wouldn't want them to, honestly. Imagine STP playing One Step Closer or something.... It just wouldn't be right. Lol

EVEN if Chester will suggest it, I don't think the other STP members will agree.

and I'm sure Chester doesn't want the STP fans to think he's attempting to take over.

Also, I'm sure he would far rather perform songs he loved growing up, with the band that played them in the first place! fulfilling a dream with STP, not working the LP day-job :P

like you said - massive, massive "EVEN IF"

Also, I'm sure he would far rather perform songs he loved growing up, with the band that played them in the first place! fulfilling a dream with STP, not working the LP day-job :P

Just think about it, RAR 2001 - Chester with STP shirt, Fall 2013 - EP and Tour as the singer of STP. What are the chances? Is that happened before that successful singer became the singer of his favorite band?

Just think about it, RAR 2001 - Chester with STP shirt, Fall 2013 - EP and Tour as the singer of STP. What are the chances? Is that happened before that successful singer became the singer of his favorite band?

Scott Weiland for Guns n Roses!? Hee hee :P

I still think they'll throw a couple of covers songs in there to try and engage the fans that are there just there to see Chester and they'll avoid some of the more 'Scott' songs that they'll know fans associate deeply with him and are perhaps personal to Scott (if they're feeling kind and mature about the whole thing).

I also think Chester should wear his glasses on the off chance people throw things at him.

Haha no. 10 Years have played overseas before. They headlined some small shows in Australia in 2005. They also played festivals in Europe in 2005, including a few shows with Tool (or APC). Germany was included. Download 05, or whatever year Jon Davis didn't sing with them, Jesse came out and sang a song of theirs as a guest during their set. There are YouTube videos. And finally they were at Summer Sonic 06 with LP.

2010, South America and then Russia recently. This is far from their first international run haha. They'll add some headline shows too.

It was download 2010 when STP played 2005 was velvet revolver

I wonder if these show the STP in 2014 will hinder the release of the new album of the LP, and may hamper the dissemination of release, Chester should move away from the STP next year.

We can only speculate, but I guess it'll not be before Soundwave. To stand in their goal of new album every 18 months they need to release the new one in december, which is probably not gonna happen.