STP w/ Chester to play Soundwave 2014

Pez

I also think Chester should wear his glasses on the off chance people throw things at him.

He'll be right. The band worked wonders on the Soundwave crowds earlier this year. I can honestly say, judging from the response of the crowds at all five Soundwave shows, LP gave their reputation a massive boost in Australia from that tour. I think many will be eager to see Chester perform again. Plenty of people were commenting on how well the guy performs live and the sheer energy he had throughout each performance. Heard nothing but rave reviews at each show and can attest to how good they were.

Half tempted to do another mini tour for Soundwave next year but I've already got Thirty Seconds To Mars booked in so doubt I'll be able to get the extra leave :(

I still think they'll throw a couple of covers songs in there to try and engage the fans that are there just there to see Chester and they'll avoid some of the more 'Scott' songs that they'll know fans associate deeply with him and are perhaps personal to Scott (if they're feeling kind and mature about the whole thing).

It seems like STP members don't really care about Scott/Scott's fans too much. They'll just pick songs that they like and probably some of the Chester's favorites.

He'll be right. The band worked wonders on the Soundwave crowds earlier this year. I can honestly say, judging from the response of the crowds at all five Soundwave shows, LP gave their reputation a massive boost in Australia from that tour. I think many will be eager to see Chester perform again. Plenty of people were commenting on how well the guy performs live and the sheer energy he had throughout each performance. Heard nothing but rave reviews at each show and can attest to how good they were.

Half tempted to do another mini tour for Soundwave next year but I've already got Thirty Seconds To Mars booked in so doubt I'll be able to get the extra leave :(

Yeah I won't be doing the full thing. If most, I will catch the sydney show and maybeee melbourne or brisbane. That depends on how many bands class and if I deem it worth of a trip haha.

I also thought I'd might just throw this in, don't think its worthy of a new topic...

Scott Weiland Says Stone Temple Pilots Will Have To Buy Him Out

I'm hoping stuff like this gets sorted before the appearence. Like Mikey said, Chester and he band won a shit load of support at last years festival. It would be a shame to see it get undown by Scott being a bit of sore loser.