DSPs: Have They Stopped?

hahninator

How about we skip a petition and everybody buys a DSP? Or start a Kickstarter campaign with all the funds used to buy DSP's for LPL contests? Just a thought, since money is all LP/Warner/everyone cares about.

Agree, this is the best solution imo.

or we can create "Official LPL DSP Account", collect money, and buy all the DSP from them directly.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, this is the best solution imo.

Glad to hear other people are thinking along these lines. Would be great to arrange a single 24-hour period when everyone (who can) jumps on and purchases a particular DSP. One that isn't currently in the top 5 would be ideal. Likely to do absolutely nothing, but maybe someone at WB will sit up and notice something.

Edited by Narc85

That's not going to help because it won't do anything for FUTURE purchases of DSPs. Sure, they earned some more money from the older ones that were on there, but that's no promise and no guarantee fans will buy more than 70 per show at future shows.

Glad to hear other people are thinking along these lines. Would be great to arrange a single 24-hour period when everyone (who can) jumps on and purchases a particular DSP. One that isn't currently in the top 5 would be ideal. Likely to do absolutely nothing, but maybe someone at WB will sit up and notice something.

I meant to prepay them before for new and old DSPs. (Almost) Nobody care anymore about the current DSPs, not us and not their management.

I meant to prepay them before for new and old DSPs. (Almost) Nobody care anymore about the current DSPs, not us and not their management.

That does not change the Management decision of stopping the DSP's.

They will see a lot of money coming in for old DSP's and smile about it....that's it probably.

I think nobody got my idea exactly..

Example:

My idea is to collect money, then prepay for all of 2004 DSPs as a package, and then release it to everybody. Per DSP - it will cost more, but since we are collecting money from everybody it's still we'll be cheaper.

We can't be certain that every 2004 show was recorded. Only the shows from 2004 that were used on LPU4 and online content (Figure.09 from Charlotte). We know for a fact that every 2007 show was recorded and from then on, all shows were recorded, even if we didn't get the DSP for every show. I don't think they recorded every show prior to 2007, only select shows.

It was just an example... We'll pay according to what we gonna get. Of course.

I wouldn't pay for shows that aren't special. No one does. That's why there are no more DSP's, because people generally only buy the shows they were at. It'd be insane if someone literally purchased every single DSP that was released.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys,

Over the past 3 months I have emailed, DM'd, texted and talked to several people about the DSPs. I've asked what's going on, if anyone can tell me why they were stopped, if anyone knows if they'll ever start back again, and if our campaign for older DSPs is still going to happen. I've received different responses along the way....things that conflict with each other and that give no real explanation, if there even is one. The most thing I can tell you that is MOST LIKELY true is that they sold very badly in 2012 and they were stopped after South Africa for that reason.

Unfortunately, today I received word from the very last source/person that I have contacted about it and they have no answer for it. Literally no answer. That seems to be the standard reply across the board here. It seems that management doesn't want to discuss this with us at all.

I thank Pooch and Dylan for all of the hard work they've done to get these shows to us from 2007-2012 and to Mike for being on board in March with the idea to release older shows. Who knows if that'll ever happen.

If nothing changes miraculously, at this point I think we are going to have to go back to audience recordings of shows. Before the next tour I will start a big campaign for fans to record the shows themselves and we will 100% provide an outlet in which they can be shared here on LPLive amongst all Linkin Park fans, free of charge.

Sorry everyone. We tried...

And so an era ends... To think we depended on these so greatly the past few years. Now back to the old-school days.

Also, don't apologize, Mark. It's not your fault, or anyone's. If anything, it's management's fault for not advertising them better. You did what you could.

I hate to say this, but Is LP is Officially discontinuing the DSP thing, will they keep them on for sale and for anyone who still has a code on a ticket to these downloads, or remove them as a whole or put them as DSP Archives? and if they do delete the DSPs from their website, I wonder if LPL would be kinda allowed to Share the DSPs, (I have no idea)... and a Lot of the DSPs had Mixing issues anyway..

I don't know what will happen to the DSP site. I'm sure it will stay up and I doubt we'll be allowed to share them for free.

To say I am disappointed with the band's management here is an understatement. Mike told us to ask Lorenzo, to talk to management, etc about the older DSPs and info on the newer ones, and no one can give us answers. No one.

I've been told the band isn't even RECORDING their shows anymore. Apparently the last run of shows in Asia was the first run of "full" performances that wasn't recorded in over 6 years. Australia in February/March was recorded. No idea about SSMF.

I've been told the band isn't even RECORDING their shows anymore. Apparently the last run of shows in Asia was the first run of "full" performances that wasn't recorded in over 6 years. Australia in February/March was recorded. No idea about SSMF.

Wow, interesting. I was under the impression that they were still recording the shows, just not releasing them. Great info. I bet SSMF wasn't recorded for a DSP if the Asia tour wasn't recorded, seeing as how it was right before that tour. I always thought they would record that show for a CD/DVD because it was nostalgic, etc, but they never did it seems.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some old DSP's that weren't released. I have DSP's for all LP shows I have been to except for 3. Bamboozle, NYC 2010 and SSMF. I don't expect to get a NYC 2010 DSP or a SSMF DSP, but a Bamboozle DSP would seem reasonable and would be epic. The 2008 Summer tour was also awesome, would love to have a DSP of that. Berlin 2007 and pretty much all the shows before PR2007 were great. Sucks that no one will discuss it with us.

Wow, interesting. I was under the impression that they were still recording the shows, just not releasing them. Great info. I bet SSMF wasn't recorded for a DSP if the Asia tour wasn't recorded, seeing as how it was right before that tour. I always thought they would record that show for a CD/DVD because it was nostalgic, etc, but they never did it seems.

Anyways, I'd love to hear some old DSP's that weren't released. I have DSP's for all LP shows I have been to except for 3. Bamboozle, NYC 2010 and SSMF. I don't expect to get a NYC 2010 DSP or a SSMF DSP, but a Bamboozle DSP would seem reasonable and would be epic. The 2008 Summer tour was also awesome, would love to have a DSP of that. Berlin 2007 and pretty much all the shows before PR2007 were great. Sucks that no one will discuss it with us.

Pooch and Dylan have both confirmed to me very recently that they are still recording the shows. Perhaps Sean is referring to the video recordings that they started doing on the ATS Tour? I know for a fact SSMF and Asia were recorded in audio, the same stuff they'd do as if it was being released for a DSP.

It's surprising to me they play Hybrid Theory in full in England but not at SSMF, lol

Yes Geki, there's zero reason really why they can't release the few others from 2007 they have prior to Projekt Revolution (I assume Rock am Ring and a few other European shows....maybe Bamboozle, maybe not) as well as the full 2008 European Summer Tour. Great setlists on that Euro Tour in 2008. There are shows missing from 2009 in Europe too that I assume they could release now if they released every festival in 2011 too, but maybe I am wrong.

Yes Geki, there's zero reason really why they can't release the few others from 2007 they have prior to Projekt Revolution (I assume Rock am Ring and a few other European shows....maybe Bamboozle, maybe not) as well as the full 2008 European Summer Tour. Great setlists on that Euro Tour in 2008. There are shows missing from 2009 in Europe too that I assume they could release now if they released every festival in 2011 too, but maybe I am wrong.

All those shows/tours would be great to have. So much awesome stuff that is unreleased as far as DSP material goes. Even a lot of shows that we might not be able to have, stuff like Madrid 2010, iTunes 2011, all that was most likely recorded by them, too. Did Pooch or Dylan record the DBS shows in 2009?