The Ultimate Comparison thread

SergSlim

Yes, but why are they listed by record? There could always be someone who doesn't know which record a specific song was on or so... maybe it's just me, but I think the by-record-listing makes it a little bit more complicated.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated with The Hunting Party. Let me know if I missed anything

Edit:

By the way, delete the "A Capella version" thing from all the Rock Band 3 tracks. Change to "multitracks" or "original studio track".

List the remix as "My-Dsmbr" or "My Dsmbr" and the rest of the line won't disappear.

It came from the KickDrums SoundCloud page.

Fixed all of the above. Ultimately just ended up deleting the Rock Band/Guitar Hero tracks that didn't have a different mix, meaning everything but SOTD, as there really isn't a need for them to be here. We have a separate list/thread for multitracks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We need to remove the list from this thread.

We have it in the Wiki, and it needs to be updated in one place only. No need to duplicate everything in two places.

Someone needs to compare those two lists, or just copy everything from the forum to the wiki, if forum version is more updated.

Then all updates should be posted in this thread, and someone who has access to edit wiki should update it there.

I updated the wiki page, you can do whatever you want now.

Ok, great. Done.

I removed the list from CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE's post, so that nobody will want to edit it again.

Now this thread is dedicated to suggestions and updates to the WIki page.

• 2 weeks later...

- There are some versions where you wrote "different lyrics". I think it would be nice to know what exactly is different. Example: the FIFA version of "Blackout".

- "4 GT 10" (from Chali 2na's Fish Market) and "Now I See" (from the Ozzfest sample) are missing their descriptions.

- In the Xero version of "Rhinestone" you wrote "no Chester". I think it would be better to write "Mark on vocals" or something like that.

The current description could be misleading to new fans.

- "By Myself" from the HT website IS NOT the same as the 2-track demo version.

- Some quotes from Astat which has some things that (in my opinion) could be added to the list:

By Myself:
#1 = "Super Zero" from the 9-track demo CD. It has Mike whispering "So, what do you think?" at the beginning, and during the bridge there is a drum beat going in the background. The lyrics in this one are significantly different than the other 2 versions.
#2 = "By Myself" from the 2-track demo CD. This one doesn't have the whisper at the beginning or the beat in the bridge that the 9-track version has. Also, on the first words of the song, "What do I do," Mike comes in right on the beat, and during the bridge he says "I'm so afraid."
#3 = "Super Xero" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is almost the same as the 2-track version, except Mike comes in off the beat on the first line of the song, and during the bridge he says "Always afraid" instead of "I'm so afraid."
A Place for My Head:
#1 = "Esaul" from the 9-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "So I run from that to a place I can't find you at" in the first verse.
#2 = "A Place for My Head (Esaul)" from the 2-track demo CD. This version has the lyrics "But an on-front attack, you could never run from that" in the first verse, different from the 9-track version. This version has the "And the second it starts" lyric at the start of the 2nd verse that the website version doesn't have.
#3 = "Esaul" from the old hybridtheory.com website. This version is similar to the 2-track version, except that at the start of the second verse, there's just the guitar playing with no vocals for a second, without the "And the second it starts" lyric.
#4 = "Esaul" from Frat Party. This is an easter egg on the DVD, and is a live rehearsal performance of the song sometime in 1999. The lyrics are drastically different from any of the other 3 versions.
Forgotten:
#1 = "Rhinestone" from the Xero demo tape. There are numerous differences between the 2 versions of Rhinestone, but the easy way to tell them apart is that this one has Mark Wakefield on vocals.
#2 = "Rhinestone" from the 9-track demo CD. This one has Chester singing.
Points of Authority:
#1 = "Points & Authority" from the 9-track demo CD. This is the version with the "it's time to sink or swim" breakdown.
#2 = "Points of Authotity" from the old hybridtheory.com website. Commonly mislabeled as "Vertical Limit," this is the version with the alternate rap lyrics: "Forfeit the game/stop the talk show" etc...this isn't really a "demo," but more or less an alternate take on the final Hybrid Theory mix (similar to Now I See and Plaster).

Question 1. : The Song "Now I See" From "The Wicked World Of Warner Bros.Reprise Ozzfest Sampler 2000", is this song exactly same With You Version from Hybrid Theory Album?
Question 1: No. One of the guitar harmonics at the end of each verse is different, and the whole song is mixed differently, most notably on the scratching effects during the intro. The synth-y parts during the verses are also louder, and some of the echoing effects on Mike's vocals are a little different.

• 2 months later...

- There are some versions where you wrote "different lyrics". I think it would be nice to know what exactly is different. Example: the FIFA version of "Blackout".

Added such note to Blackout FIFA:

(at the end of the song Mike sings "We've been waiting to collect the things you know" twice instead of changing the second time to "We've been waiting to collect what you've let go".)

Not sure whether there are any other changes in lyrics.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You need to update this:

1stp Klosr (Frat Party at the Pancake Festival DVD) - [6:15.02] No Johnathon Davis vocals + missing some instrumental parts

One Step Closer (Humble Brothers Remix) [Early Version]

http://upload.keols.net/upload/32e3e11.One%20Step%20Closer%20%28Humble%20Brothers%20Remix%29%20%5BEarly%20Version%5D.mp3

1stp Kloser (feat. J.Davis)

http://upload.keols.net/upload/da8f219.1stp%20Kloser%20%28feat.%20J.Davis%29.mp3

You can clearly hear that Reanimation version have additional instrumental parts.

Edited by martinez

• 7 months later...

I don't know if anyone noticed this before, but the LPU1 version of "Part of Me" doesn't have Chester screaming "Cut myself free" in the pre-chorus, while he does in the 7 / 8 track demos.

Yeah, I think everybody noticed it. I already compared 7/8/9 track demos of the song to the HT EP version and each other in this thread (but as always I got ignored), if you're interested you can see it on the previous page.

• 1 month later...

I'll post this again, Part of Me 7 / 8 / 9 track demos have Chester screaming "cut myself free" before the chorus, but on the hybrid theory EP / LPU1 Mike says it.

Also, the version of Untitled on LPU11 has a lot more kicks in the drum pattern than the versions on the 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 track demos.