Singles Vs. Music Videos

Skipees

Ive noticed that some of the music videos have different versions from the single versions, So I made a list of them with some extra info and time differences. If you find another music video that is not listed let me know.

- 00:00-00:17 urban sounds (car alarm, siren, etc.). (Music Video 2:57 | Single - 2:35)
- censored live version. (Music Video 3:34 |Single - 3:25)
- 00:07-00:09 - alarm clock | along the music video - riot, commotion, helicopter, shooting, soldiers marching, explosions, molotov cocktails, etc. (Music Video & Single - Same Length)
- 00:00-00:09 - birds, steps. 03:30-03:50 - wind, steps. (Music Video 3:23 | Single - 3:51)
- different version with long insrumental intro & outro. (Music Video 4:50 | Single - 3:26)

- crowd at the beginning and at the end. (Music Video 3:20 | Single - 3:32)
- 00:00-00:27 - wind. (Music Video 4:32 | Single - 3:58)
- along the video - talking, claps. (Music Video 4:23 | Single - 4:12)
- announcer as intro and outro and excerpts from the film along the music video. (Music Video 3:04 | Single - 3:36)
- 00:00-00:33 & 01:44-02:02 mike talking. (Music Video 2:02 | Single - 3:36)
- 00:00-00:30 - "Scene" from the game. (Music Video 4:20 | Single - 4:40)

- 00:00-01:03 04:27-05:08 - Mike interviewing three families. (Music Video 5:18 | Single - 3:51)
- 00:00-00:05 - flag. 03:06-03:13 - wind. (Music Video 3:13 | Single - 3:03)
- intro & outro - ice cream car siren. (Music Video 3:39 | Single - 3:18)
- 00:00-01:15 & 3:54-4:57 announcer and "Movie Scene". (Music Video 4:57 | Single - 2:21)

1. "Points of Authority (European Version) from the "Frat Party" DVD"?

The crowd sound on the intro and the outro.

only official music video. if not it will be endless and pointless.

2. "The Catalyst" [Music Video: 4:40, Single Version: 5:40]

no, the ALBUM version is 5:40 not the SINGLE. and i'm talkin' about "The Catalyst (Medal Of Honor Trailer)"

You are the shit, man. This is awesome!

who have a split personality? :lol::lol::lol: Edited by Skipees

Crawling(UK Ver):You can hear the fans at the first of the video

I think frgt10 video has a little bit more Audio than the single

if you telling this different,at the first seconds of the papercut video we hear nothing

- only "International Official" music videos.

- i guess you saw the version with (Chali) at the beginning.

- i prefer not to inlcude silenced parts, because most of the time it's 2-5 seconds and it's not really "Audio Differences".

only official music video. if not it will be endless and pointless.

no, the ALBUM version is 5:40 not the SINGLE. and i'm talkin' about "The Catalyst (Medal Of Honor Trailer)"

who have a split personality? :lol::lol::lol:

The Points of Authority music video in question was routinely shown on MTV and Fuse. And they're referring to how the music video for The Catalyst uses a shortened version of the song (I forget if it's the same as the radio edit).

- only "International Official" music videos.

- i guess you saw the version with (Chali) at the beginning.

- i prefer not to inlcude silenced parts, because most of the time it's 2-5 seconds and it's not really "Audio Differences".

The FRGT/10 video was also in regular rotation on MTV2 at one point.

There's 2 Points Of Authority videos, the not hidden one on Frat Party can be very well considered as an official music video, just like Astat said. For example I remember it being included in tv shows where they played all their regular music videos.

I can also confirm that Frgt/10 was for example also on rotation on the normal music stations in Germany.

Also the Faint Director's Cut with Mike spraying at the end.

Dead By Sunrise - Let Down is also a radio edit and shorter.

The Points of Authority music video in question was routinely shown on MTV and Fuse.

There's 2 Points Of Authority videos, the not hidden one on Frat Party can be very well considered as an official music video, just like Astat said. For example I remember it being included in tv shows where they played all their regular music videos.

POA is not a single, that's why i was not included it. (added it anyway).

And they're referring to how the music video for The Catalyst uses a shortened version of the song (I forget if it's the same as the radio edit).

the trailer lenght is 4:20 but the song played only 3:3+, if you cut the intro and the outro. the single version - 4:40.

The FRGT/10 video was also in regular rotation on MTV2 at one point.

I can also confirm that Frgt/10 was for example also on rotation on the normal music stations in Germany.

i know all of this.. but nobody of you said what is the different between the Music Video and the "real" song.

Also the Faint Director's Cut with Mike spraying at the end.

i still think if i should add any special versions. (iTunes live M/V for example)

Dead By Sunrise - Let Down is also a radio edit and shorter.

i don't think so, the Single & the Music Video are 3:56/8. can't find any different. Edited by Skipees

As far as i know POA is a single

atleast it was in my country it was in heavy rotation, the video was pretty popular

i remember that i even called to a tv show to ask for it lol

those were the good times!

btw the Dragon Festival POA has some differences

there's a Chester's scream at the beggining

in the line 'my life my pride is broken' there's audio from some fans singing it

a loot of crowd noises

and at the end another Chester's screaming

it's an awesome video, who has it in HD? there are only 240p versions in youtube

someone upload it

As far as i know POA is a single

atleast it was in my country it was in heavy rotation, the video was pretty popular

i remember that i even called to a tv show to ask for it lol

those were the good times!

music video without that isn't "real" single it's more common than you think..

all LP singles have picture cover (even some of the promos). can you show the cover for POA? ;)