The Ultimate Comparison thread

SergSlim

It can be useful for cases when someone finds that there's some other source for the same song, and he wonders if it is exactly the same, or has some differences. If we don't add it - he can think that we didn't know about its existence. We can just make something like:

In The End (album) [identical: RAID OST, In The End single, etc.]

Maybe it's not really perfect way of doing it, but you got the point.

i just want the list to be "comfortable", some songs appears in lots of sources. if it will not be easy to read, we are missing the point. we just need to find another way to do that, maybe we can use "*" for identical stuff. for exmple:

In The End (Hybrid Theory*) - Original studio track

In The End (8-Bit Rebellion) - 8-Bit instrumental

Enth E Nd (Reanimation) - Original remix track

Powerless - Original studio track

-------

In The End album version appears also in: RAID OST, In The End single, etc.

that way it's in the list , but without making it "heavy". what do you think?

Edited by Skipees

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just want the list to be "comfortable", some songs appears in lots of sources. if it will not be easy to read, we are missing the point. we just need to find another way to do that, maybe we can use "*" for identical stuff. for exmple:

that way it's in the list , but without making it "heavy". what do you think?

What if we will have various versions of the same song that is identical on different sources.

What I mean for example:

A Place For My Head (Album)

2-track demo

7-track demo

8-track demo

9-track demo

let's imagine 2 and 7-track demos are identical, and then 8 and 9-track versions are identical, but at the same time 7 and 8-track versions are different. Asteriscs won't help in this case.

What if we will have various versions of the same song that is identical on different sources.

What I mean for example:

A Place For My Head (Album)

2-track demo

7-track demo

8-track demo

9-track demo

let's imagine 2 and 7-track demos are identical, and then 8 and 9-track versions are identical, but at the same time 7 and 8-track versions are different. Asteriscs won't help in this case.

i didn't talk about demos, only about versions that identical to the album versions.

Edited by Skipees

SOTD:

RB mix - one less guitar track (palm-muted guitar that starts at the chorus is missing)

- additional strings (different sampled strings can be heard at chorus)

- different synth take (the high pitched chorus "ambient-type" synth that joe plays live is different)

iTunes mix - one less guitar track (palm-muted guitar that starts at the chorus is missing)

- additional strings (different sampled strings can be heard at chorus)

- one less synth (the high pitched chorus synth is missing)

- A.06/A-Six.

- YO (MTM Demo)/ Brad's YO.

- Shadow Of The Day (Rock Band 3) - Different synths? (Unconfirmed) - yes, we have the multitracks.

- Blackbirds Mastered For iTunes sounds better than the other version.

- Burn it Down Remixes and Burn it Down Remixes Promo are the same CD.

- Band Three->Bang Three.

- Points of Authority (LPU 2.0) - Crystal Method Remix->Pts.Of.Athrty (Crystal Method Remix)

Edited by Skipees

i don't know which browser you are using, but you need to do one of this two:

- edit your post and delete the [/color] after the last Part of Me version, and before Carousel.

- if you can't do it^, choose all the HTEP part (except the HTEP main title), and click on this Posted Image button in Full Edit mode. after you do it just re-bold the song titles.

Edited by Skipees

For clean/amended versions it would be great to note which words were actualy censored.

Anyway, right now it is already an awesome thread!!! Thank you a lot.

I'm hating myself for not being able to help right now, as I don't have access to my PC with all my LP stuff....

I think we should add Tinfoil-Powerless instrumental to Tinfoil list too. Because right now it's like we don't have Tinfoil instrumental, which is not correct.

We've had TINFOIL's instrumental since the day the album dropped :P. I'll add it to both.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I got to my PC..

Added track lengths for HTEP, added couple missing tracks, added track lengths for some Hybrid Theory albums.

I think we also need to add Mastered for iTunes albums, and HDTracks versions.

Will continue adding track lengths later during the week.

I'm using EAC logs for this - it's actual data from CD.

There are some releases that I don't have logs of, which means that most likely they were not ripped perfectly using EAC, and we can't rely on pure length of FLAC files themselves.

I think we also need to add Mastered for iTunes albums, and HDTracks versions.

The question if all of the Mastered for iTunes albums are "really" re-mastered. If not it's like to add Tour Editions, same tracks under different release title.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...