Head Like A Hole (Featuring Chester) coming soon?

rav0k

Hey, just letting you guys know that Fieldy (bassist) from Korn stated that they "plan" on releasing their cover album, Korn Kovers, along with their next studio album next year. I'm sure a lot of you know already that Head Like A Hole (Featuring Chester Bennington) is on that album.

Some members from Korn already stated that the new studio album should be out early next year and Fieldy claimed that the cover album would "hopefully" be dropped around the same time.

One thing that could cause a problem is that David Silveria (ex-drummer) and Brian Welch (ex-guitarist) played on most of the tracks on the cover album, so they may not be able to release it until they figure out the royalties to be paid and all that fancy stuff.

The only source at the moment is from the Modlife chat from their premium membership on the official Korn website. Another thing regarding their website is that they have "Digital EP's" they release to premium members occasionally, so it could be released that way too.

It's just kinda speculation right now since there are no huge news captions picking up on this but it's good to hear that it may be seeing the light pretty soon. The album IS real, it just wasn't released because of the other members quitting around that time.

Here is a source (seems credible) from this year where Fieldy confirmed they were still working on it at least: http://www.iconvsicon.com/2009/04/27/korn-...-releases-book/

Edited by Hahninator

It would be awesome to have it...I'm not sure if we will get it though. How long have we been waiting for this now?

Since around 2005 or so I believe. I think the chances of getting it are higher than ever right now (as in 2010).

Highly doubt it will happen. Korn has been giving that same answer to the question of when/if Korn Kovers is going to be released for years. It's always "yeah we're still working on it...it'll be out next year/before the next Korn album, for sure!"

In addition to the performance royalties that would be owed to Welch and Silveria, Korn Kovers was started while Korn was still under contract with Sony. I don't see how Korn would be able to obtain the rights to release it, as Sony owns it.

Despite what JD keeps saying, Korn just isn't the same without Silveria and Welch. I honestly don't believe that this album is coming out anytime soon or LP wud've mentioned it somehow that Chester was featured on the album. I'm waiting for the next Korn album a bit more than this, tho it wud be interesting to see JD's take on NIN.

There's also a persisting rumor that Chester's vocals were either removed from the final mix due to legal reasons or wound up not being used, so even if this does come out, there's no guarantee that Chester's going to be on the song.

There's also a persisting rumor that Chester's vocals were either removed from the final mix due to legal reasons or wound up not being used, so even if this does come out, there's no guarantee that Chester's going to be on the song.

I never heard that. Every source I find still lists Chester under the credits on the song. I hope that's not the case because we've been waiting for this for years (lol). Also, it makes more sense for it to be released soon because Korn is currently not signed to a label. Around the time it was supposed to be released, a bunch of crap hit the fan and I know they were touring a whole lot alongside making new records. At the current time, they don't have these strict contracts and albums to push. Last I heard, Ross Robinson is in the process of mixing both albums at the moment - once again though, couldn't find a credible source on that.

Edited by rav0k

Woah, I would totally love to hear this! I was almost depressed when I found out back then that the KoRn cover album was postponed indeterminately because I'm a diehard Chester, KoRn, and NIN fan, so yeah - this is like perfect for me, and I already loved the LP cover of "Wish" so much.... I really hope it will come out at some point - hopefully in 2010! Would be a nice surprise :)

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...

From the new Kerrang about the 10/17 show:

Jonathan Davis: "Me and Chester also did a cover of Head Like a Hole by Nine Inch Nails, which has never been released. I️ was having problems singing the verse, and it didn't sound right to me. We were talking about it and I️ said, "Will you come over to my house and do this with me?" He popped over; and it ended up sounding really good."

Would be nice if someone leaked it. Surely there's a way to do it without the leaker being identified. "Oh, someone got access to my Google Drive that I keep unreleased music in for some reason, oh nooooooo."

I don't know, that's probably not realistic at all.

Would be nice if someone leaked it. Surely there's a way to do it without the leaker being identified. "Oh, someone got access to my Google Drive that I keep unreleased music in for some reason, oh nooooooo."

I don't know, that's probably not realistic at all.

PRETTY CLOSE to how Spraypaint and Inkpens leaked (the version without the Green Lantern overdubs) in 2005 and PRETTY CLOSE to how we got State of the Art.

Spraypaint was later released on vinyl I think? So that version had an official release later on, but it was the one that leaked originally before the mixtape dropped. Anyway, someone found it on Lupe's website in a folder of music that wasn't hidden. Oops!

If anyone wants to accidentally send me a PM of a link of music, I wouldn't be opposed to it ;)