01.09.2013 - North Hollywood, CA - STP Rehearsal

hahninator

Today is the first event we'll be covering for Stone Temple Pilots in fall 2013! STP will be holding a tour rehearsal today in Hollywood, CA at Linkin Park's infamous rehearsal space Third Encore. The band will also be doing a video chat from the rehearsal for fans. More information about this video chat will likely appear on the STP Twitter account later in the day.

So what will STP play this tour? Your guess is as good as ours, since these will be the first headlining shows they have done with Chester. The band did say that they will be playing songs on this tour that they were unable to play with former frontman Scott Weiland, so that should at least make a few Stone Temple Pilots fans happy. The band might even break out 'Pretty Penny', which was played at the Salt Lake City acoustic performance in June (show page here). So far, the band has played eleven different songs (including the 'All The Young Dudes' cover) with Chester, which you can find on the STP tour page.

The band also has a few new songs coming out on their brand new EP, so expect to see 'Out Of Time' and hopefully a couple of those other new songs!

Lucky for the LP community, a Linkin Park fan has won their way into the rehearsal today. Natasha, who has contributed quite a bit of material for the live guide over the years, will be attending because she was one of the ten lucky fans STP picked to attend today's rehearsal. Congrats Natasha and have fun! We will look forward to any updates she can give us afterwards.

The North American Tour for Stone Temple Pilots kicks off on September 4th in Bethlehem, PA. There are 14 shows in North America, including two festival appearances (Rockwave and the Fremont Street Experience) and one opening slot for Mötley Crüe. As of now, there are two shows in October, one in Japan and one in Arizona, and one show in November in Mississippi. It is definitely possible that more shows will be added around the Mississippi show, so we will see! For the full tour schedule for STP, click here.

Who's going to make it out to a show on this tour?

EDIT: The video chat will be held at 3pm PST HERE.

SETLIST:

01. Sex & Violence

02. Pop's Love Suicide

03. Out Of Time

04. Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

05. Piece Of Pie

06. Church On Tuesday

Setlist pictures here and here.

They're releasing ALTNC after they played it first, so why not?

This is not even close because they want to release ALTNC for free. I think if they will release the EP before the tour more people will come to see them. It's not like LP releasing their album in the middle or between the tours, here's after the tour is over.

Here's the eleven they already played with Chester:

- Vasoline

- Big Bang Baby

- Wicked Garden

- Sex Type Thing

- Out Of Time

- Interstate Love Song

- Dead & Bloated

- Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

- All The Young Dudes (Mott The Hoople cover)

- Pretty Penny

- Big Empty

Updates (Consistently):

- Sex & Violence

- Pop's Love Suicide

- Piece Of Pie

- Church On Tuesday

- Down

- Silvergun Superman

- Sour Girl

- Hollywood Bitch

---

Higher chances for Wonderful and Dumb Love, and they have the new ones of course.

Finally, the tour is about to start! I think they might play Pretty Penny, because Chester said before this is one of his STP favorites, and as mentioned in the main post, they played it in Salt Lake City. Maybe they will play one or two new songs, except for Out Of Time.

I think the full sets will be very interesting, they already played/rehearsed 15 songs, and they have the new ones and Wonderful as options. That's makes it 20 songs so far.

Church On Tuesday:

Pop's Love Suicide:

Piece Of Pie:

Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart:

Nice videos. Piece Of Pie jams, wow. Trippin' On A Hole is the only song I think where Chester sounds a bit off. I like everything else.

I'm sure our coverage of STP here will be pretty unpopular, but fuck it lol

100% in everthing.

The STP information for the latinoamerican fans is not important at the moment, very unpopular, a normal Linkin Park post get 65 FB Likes in the first day, and the STP news for now are getting 35 in a couple of days, not the best.

I'm sure our coverage of STP here will be pretty unpopular, but fuck it lol

Hey, at least LPL is referring to the band by their proper name, rather than taking the childish "NO SCOTT = NO STP" denial route that Below Empty is (they're refusing to post any news regarding the new lineup on their home page, and their sub-forum for the current band lineup is titled "Dean, Robert, Eric, and Chester" instead of "Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington"). I'm gonna laugh my ass off if they end up getting sued for intentional misrepresentation of the STP brand.

Edited by Astat

The Chester hate makes me really angry, I feel like a teenager again trying to justify my love for LP to my heavy mental loving friends.

I do kind of worry that some idiots are gonna go to the shows just to cause trouble and throw shit.

I welcome you guys to go there and provoke them.... I'm just going to lurk though (or maybe join and just post fangirl topless pictures of Chester to wind them up)

It really annoys me when people have a difference of opinion to me - what's that all about?!

The Chester hate makes me really angry, I feel like a teenager again trying to justify my love for LP to my heavy mental loving friends.

Why you're taking it personally? They're not talking about you (or even about Linkin Park by the way), they are talking about their favorite band. Sometimes I feel like we are small group here that understand the STP fans about why they are disappointed.

Why you're taking it personally? They're not talking about you (or even about Linkin Park by the way), they are talking about their favorite band. Sometimes I feel like we are small group here that understand the STP fans about why they are disappointed.

I know it's stupid, it just seems to wind me up, like I say, I think it'd because of all the crap I used to get as an LP fan back when they were thought of as a boyband. And they are talking about LP - half the posts talk about how shit LP are.

I just wish they'd hurry up and get over it, I was sympathetic 3 months ago and some of the Chester bashing in unnecessary.

Just so you know, I'm not that angry by it, I'm not sat in my room listening to Meteora and relating, I'm ok. I'll rephrase it to "I'm mildly irked by their attitude to Chester, the lovely singer in my favourite band" :D

I'll rephrase it to "I'm mildly irked by their attitude to Chester, the lovely singer in my favourite band" :D

:lol: "mildly irked" win.

Anyway, I don't know about one artist/actor/player/painter/*anything* that everyone totally agreed about, and it'll never change.

And they are talking about LP - half the posts talk about how shit LP are.

I read only one thread..

I know a lot of people on BelowEmpty are morons, but let's not stoop down to their level.

It is INCREDIBLY frustrating to me to read their posts too, but just remember that we're the ones with the talented, reliable singer, and they have to deal with a guy who cares more about drugs then his fans. Seriously look on ticketmaster at his reviews. No way I'm spending a dime on someone who is constantly late to shows, slurs his way through a song, and then leaves after a piss poor performance.

So I HIGHLY advise against going on there. All the LP people there can be easily seen apart from our coherent posts (that mostly get ignored), and I'd like to keep our imagine that way and not do any childish things.

As to the rehearsal, it sounded great to me. I haven't actually heard Scott's versions, but personally I don't care. This is now Chester's band and I'm only listening because I love his voice. I'm so excited for the EP!!