16.05.2012 - North Hollywood, CA - KROQ Dressing Room Rehearsal

Here's the setlist from tonight's rehearsal at Third Encore:

Posted Image

New Divide

Given Up

Papercut

Waiting For The End (w/Apaches Intro) [No Extended Outro)

Burn It Down

Faint w/Extended

This was a surprise to us as we thought this would probably occur on the 17th. Only KROQ winners were allowed at this rehearsal, which we will count as the first show (although partial) of 2012. Thanks to Eric for the info!

First live performance of BURN IT DOWN!

Thoughts?

EDIT: LPLive member BaZz had this to say:

"Hey guys the show was awesome maybe like 80 people, as for the waiting for the end intro it was really awesome it was Mike's Apaches accappella, basically as he would do on before POA during other shows I haven't heard the verse he did before so I am not quite sure where it was from. Some people were using cameras for video so I am sure something will pop up."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as much as I don't think we will hear some recordings about this show anytime soon, i'm quite curious about the intro and outro of waiting for the end (because as far as i'm concerned it never had an extended outro, and had Jornada del muerto as intro), so even though this show didn't play an extended outro maybe they'll do during this tour

I really don't want to jinx anything or make predictions but if they're performing Papercut at KROQ shortened show could this mean a possible variety in the songs this cycle? And very interested to hear this new intro and outro they have planned for my favorite ATS song :)

Edited by Stone44

Waiting For The End w/ Apaches Intro?

COULD IT BE? :) I will go insane if they use this as the intro lol

EDIT: If nobody knows this song look up Apache/Jump On It :P

Highly doubt it. "Apaches" probably just refers to them using some kind of helicopter sound effect for an intro.

Also, LMAO @ morons bitching about a "boring setlist" at a SIX SONG performance from REHEARSALS.

Kind of curious if this winds up being a similar deal to this show, where it ends up being broadcasted later on. Considering it was part of a KROQ promotion, I'd say that's fairly likely.

Edited by Astat

First thought - hell yes Papercut will stay :)

Second thought - sweet that they are experimenting with new intros/outros. WFTE I bet will sound a lot better.

and third thought - maybe BURN IT DOWN is the only new song for this tour? I'm sure for the US tour they have rehearsed probably most of the album but if they were playing another new one for Europe/Hollywood I'd think they would have played it at the KROQ rehearsal. but maybe not!

Regardless, cool to have the shows already starting.

maybe BURN IT DOWN is the only new song for this tour? I'm sure for the US tour they have rehearsed probably most of the album but if they were playing another new one for Europe/Hollywood I'd think they would have played it at the KROQ rehearsal. but maybe not!

They might have not wanted to spoil it. I sort of think a second new song might weasel its way into the European sets at some point.

My suspicion is that with Tinfoil being an instrumental, they'll use it as a show opener for the European tour, and that'll be the only other new song they do. Tinfoil > New Divide to open the show, or something to that effect.

Hey guys the show was awesome maybe like 80 people, as for the waiting for the end intro it was really awesome it was Mike's Apaches accappella, basically as he would do on before POA during other shows I haven't heard the verse he did before so I am not quite sure where it was from. Some people were using cameras for video so I am sure something will pop up.

Edited by BaZz

Hey guys the show was awesome maybe like 80 people, as for the waiting for the end intro it was really awesome it was Mike's Apaches accappella, basically as he would do on before POA during other shows I haven't heard the verse he did before so I am not quite sure where it was from. Some people were using cameras for video so I am sure something will pop up.

awesome, thanks for the info!

Bazz this is incorrect. Apache wasn't fully acapella. There was the WFTE beat in the background. I have video of it. The video is shitty and dark due to no flash being allowed but you can hear it. Ill upload it tomorrow and ill give a full review with pics of all the stuff I got as well as pics with Dave and Chester.

Edited by lperocker