16.05.2012 - North Hollywood, CA - KROQ Dressing Room Rehearsal

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess, they WILL play one more new song besides BID on European Tour, it will be the song that they'll release in 'Share to earn" - as you may know, it was moved from June, 1 to May, 25, maybe because of the tour? but of course they don't want to spoil it now on this open rehearsals.

Bazz this is incorrect. Apache wasn't fully acapella. There was the WFTE beat in the background. I have video of it. The video is shitty and dark due to no flash being allowed but you can hear it. Ill upload it tomorrow and ill give a full review with pics of all the stuff I got as well as pics with Dave and Chester.

can't wait to see the video!

did you film Burn It Down or Bleed It Out bridge?

Edited by LPU90

So for those who went, How was Burn It Down ? And any recording ?

It sounded really good! for me it was really so intimate like you here the instruments without it being amplified through speakers so hearing mike and brad hit guitar strings and rob drums just awesome! Chester was hanging out with everyone after the show taking picture and autographs they had some Q&A. It was very chill I was able to get a guitar pick and drumsticks.

any video?

i'm really interested in see Burn It Down and Waiting Fro The End Apaches intro

It sounded really good! for me it was really so intimate like you here the instruments without it being amplified through speakers so hearing mike and brad hit guitar strings and rob drums just awesome! Chester was hanging out with everyone after the show taking picture and autographs they had some Q&A. It was very chill I was able to get a guitar pick and drumsticks.

did you recorded something?

the whole "Apache" thing does sound like a sound effect notation, like the ambulance intro on WID.

it makes sense considering Empty Spaces' soldier/military soundscape. i know that that doesn't lead into WFTE, but it fits thematically nevertheless...

Where to begin? Well, I'll start off by saying how dope and intimate the show was. Sure it was a 6 song set and shorter then I would have liked but the interaction between the fans and Linkin Park made up for the short set. As you know they played New Divide, Given Up, Papercut, Waiting For The End (with Apaches Intro), Burn It Down, and Faint.

Each song was performed very well and the whole band sounded amazing. Mike's rapping sounded fucking dope as usual, Chester's singing and screaming was flawless, Brad's guitar riffs and Phoenix's bass strumming were impeccable, Rob's drumming was on point, and Joe's scratching/programming was fucking genius! Its amazing to me how great they've become as a band and the chemistry shows it. What really blew me away though was Chester's vocals. People had said in the past years that he cant scream as well as he used to and so on, but after yesterday, I have to highly disagree with those people. His screaming reminded me of the Jimmy Kimmel show back in 03' when they were touring for Meteora.

In between songs, Stryker (KROQ D.J) did a Q&A with the band and that was a lot of fun. Most of those questions and answers, we've heard before. Mike also told the story about Chester walking through the airport security with all the chains and whatnot. It was quite funny. It was a very loose and fun atmosphere and most of the band were joking around. I got the opportunity to ask a question to the band during the Q&A, which was pretty cool and nerve-wracking at the same time. I asked the band if they visit fan sites and Mike proceeded to answer the question by saying he did and named a few such as; LPLIVE, LPASSOCIATION, LPTIMES, and MIKESHINODACLAN. This question opened up the discussion about the scavenger hunt (which many people there didn't know about) and Mike went through were it started (Australia) to where its at now (Brazil I think..?). I also asked what was at the end of the scavenger hunt which Chester answered by saying, "We can't tell you, you will have to wait and find out at the end of it."

After the set and Q&A, the band came over to the fans and signed autographs, took pictures, and hung out with everyone. I have met LP a few times (even going back to 2003 when they did the LPU Tour) and I must say that even though they have experienced immense success in the past 12-13 years, they remain the same cool guys they were back then. The only difference is now they are way more busy and have fatter bank accounts. LOL

Below are some pics for you guys to see. One is of me and Chester (who is genuinely a very nice guy) and another one of me and Phoenix ( who is also very friendly and talkative). I also included a pic of all the shit I got signed. Brad ripped the set list off the floor (it was taped to the floor) and gave it to me, Rob gave me Mike's guitar pick, and Mike gave me Rob's drum stick.

Oh and by the way, Burn It Down sounded fucking sick live! The Apaches intro rap was sick too. I thought the rap was a Beastie Boys song but I may be wrong. Either way, I will have some videos up later.

I am not good with reviews, so I hope I didn't bore you all to death...

-Eric

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by lperocker

any video?

i'm really interested in see Burn It Down and Waiting Fro The End Apaches intro

did you recorded something?

Nope sorry I don't really like recording when I am at shows takes away from it.

nice review man, glad you had fun :D

Nope sorry I don't really like recording when I am at shows takes away from it.

it sucks only remembering seeing the band on your phone's screen than actually in person. particularly since what are the chances of you getting to see the band in a crowd of ~80 people ever again!? :lol: Edited by LGraham

Oh and by the way, Burn It Down sounded fucking sick live! The Apaches intro rap was sick too. I thought the rap was a Beastie Boys song but I may be wrong. Either way, I will have some videos up later.

I did a search on "Beastie Boys Apache" and this came up...

And on the "Apache" wiki page:

The Beastie Boys used a sample from the Incredible Bongo Band version of Apache in their live version of "Root Down" - most notably the version that appears on the Tibetan Freedom Concert live album

Edited by LPFreak64

I did a search on "Beastie Boys Apache" and this came up...

And on the "Apache" wiki page:

The Beastie Boys used a sample from the Incredible Bongo Band version of Apache in their live version of "Root Down" - most notably the version that appears on the Tibetan Freedom Concert live album

I don't think it was that, I really wish I recorded it now, but I am sure will be played again.

If anyone is interested here are photos from kroq http://kroq.radio.com/2012/05/17/photo-gal...show-kroq-fans/

Bazz this is incorrect. Apache wasn't fully acapella. There was the WFTE beat in the background. I have video of it. The video is shitty and dark due to no flash being allowed but you can hear it. Ill upload it tomorrow and ill give a full review with pics of all the stuff I got as well as pics with Dave and Chester.

Any chance we still get to see/hear this?

If the "Apache" verse is related to the Beastie Boys in some way, like some suspect, I wonder if that's the verse that Mike plans on using during the Bleed it Out bridge for the full set?

*Edit* On another note, why the hell is Burn it Down in all caps on the show page?

Edited by Astat

could you upload WFTE's video?

Hey all, my apologies for not uploading the videos yet. I am waiting on a friend to upload them and send them to me so I can get them up here. I sent him a text yesterday and no reply yet. Ill send another text to him today. Ill keep you updated.