'Talking To Myself' Confirmed As 2nd Single from OML

RogueSoul

Imagine this: 'Heavy' is doing really well on the charts, but it's hype is dying down. It's time for Linkin Park to choose a second single. They dropped a music video for 'Good Goodbye' with cameos from Pusha T and Stormzy a few months back, and they just released a live performance of 'Invisible' from the James Corden show that millions tuned in to watch. All these tracks with all these exposure? The logical choice for the second single from One More Light? 'Talking To Myself.'

Thanks to our friends LPItaly, the news is out that 'Talking To Myself' will be the second official single from One More Light. Music source All Access has posted the impact date for the single: July 25. This comes right before the band embarks on the One More Light North American Tour in Mansfield, MA on July 27, meaning that the band will have a fresh single (hopefully) taking over the airwaves as the band tours.

This does leave some speculation as to the situation with 'Good Goodbye' and 'Invisible.' We've heard that 'Good Goodbye' was meant to be a single in Europe, but no traction has gained on that just yet, and 'Invisible' is waiting on the single treatment as well with all the exposure. It was essentially confirmed that 'Invisible' would be the second single, so this is a real curveball (just like the setlists). The song even has its own single art! What do you think will go on for these songs? A third and fourth single? Will 'Robot Boy' somehow come through and be the third single?

For updates of Linkin Park and if any more info on this single surfaces, follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Invisible & GG artworks both are from the lyrics videos. So it's hard to say that those are official artworks for the single.

my qoute from shoutbox:

I wouldn't take info from allacces as a 100% that TTM gonna be the next single, GG also was in radio, but there was only promo CD, nothing else, we need another source.

Edited by martinez

This is all really confusing. The band and label are really confusing people with what is going on with the songs.

Their management told us Invisible was second. WBR said they didn't know which was second. They just did the Invisible video on TV recently...lmao...and now they say Talking To Myself.

Random information: Good Goodbye was/is played in German radio.

I thought Invisible already is the second single since it is the only song they released before the album release which is still listed separately as a single on Spotify. Makes no sense to leave it there and remove all the other songs. But maybe I am reading too much into this.

But whatever, TTM is a great choice in my opinion.

Man, guess we're gonna ignore what the actual album says lol

"Includes the singles HEAVY feat. Kiiara, GOOD GOODBYE feat. Pusha T and Stormzy, and INVISIBLE"

Talking To Myself is a fine choice, but as far as what they've been raising awareness for, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Here in Italy, Good Goodbye was released for airplay on May 12 (and there is also a cover art for the single). Weird that Invisible is not a single at all, after being promoted on Linkin Park socials and with the The Late Late Show live performance.

BTW, my hope is that Talking to Myself will be released also as a physical single in Europe, like Heavy. Let's see.

Here in Italy, Good Goodbye was released for airplay on May 12 (and there is also a cover art for the single).

If you talking about this one, this is from GG lyric video and it was taken from that video to promo the song on social media, it's not official cover, the same with Invisible.

Here in Italy, Good Goodbye was released for airplay on May 12 (and there is also a cover art for the single). Weird that Invisible is not a single at all, after being promoted on Linkin Park socials and with the The Late Late Show live performance.

BTW, my hope is that Talking to Myself will be released also as a physical single in Europe, like Heavy. Let's see.

Invisible will be. It just won't be the next one, I guess.

The fact that Heavy is still doing well on the charts tells you all you need to know about the state of popular music. It's an awful song.

Thanks for the opinion but what exactly does this have to do with the topic?

Talking To Myself is my favorite live song from One More Light, so I'm glad it was chosen as a single because, for Linkin Park, this is the same as choosing to play the song in every single show for the rest of their existence. I hope it becomes as successful as Heavy.

Sooooo Sorry For Now just won't get the radio push it deserves I guess. Nice.

If I had to choose a song from OML that would not do well as a single, it would most definitely be Sorry For Now.

Heavy, Invisible, and either Talking To Myself or Battle Symphony definitely make the most sense to me as the singles for the album.

Sooooo Sorry For Now just won't get the radio push it deserves I guess. Nice.

A lot of times they like to go out with a bang and save the most radio-friendly/best song for last.

Edited by Aiman

A lot of times they like to go out with a bang and save the most radio-friendly/best song for last.

Of the 6 prior albums, the only tracks this actually makes SOME sense for are In The End and LOATR.

Why would SFN not do well as a single? I realize I'm biased as a hardcore fan, but of all the songs on the album I would have thought SFN had the best chance to succeed. Maybe Invisible. This may be just a city thing, but I can't see any stations here playing TTM anywhere near as much as Heavy.

Of the 6 prior albums, the only tracks this actually makes SOME sense for are In The End and LOATR.

Don't forget Castle of Glass and Final Masquerade. Those are very radio-friendly and a nice way to go out with each album.

Don't forget Castle of Glass and Final Masquerade. Those are very radio-friendly and a nice way to go out with each album.

Castle Of Glass didn't chart on the Hot 100 at all. THP was weird. FM was the last single to be released for sale, but Rebellion was sent to radio way after FM was. Technically, Rebellion was the last single.

Castle Of Glass didn't chart on the Hot 100 at all. THP was weird. FM was the last single to be released for sale, but Rebellion was sent to radio way after FM was. Technically, Rebellion was the last single.

I mean, the band can't predict the future. It didn't chart that well, but it was still very successful. It's their 5th highest viewed video on YouTube, which is more than Burn It Down. Rebellion was a promo single. There was no music video or official cd release and if I'm not mistaken, it was first released in the summer of '14. FM is the final proper single and it's not a coincidence that they saved it for the last one.

I mean, the band can't predict the future. It didn't chart that well, but it was still very successful. It's their 5th highest viewed video on YouTube, which is more than Burn It Down. Rebellion was a promo single. There was no music video or official cd release and if I'm not mistaken, it was first released in the summer of '14. FM is the final proper single and it's not a coincidence that they saved it for the last one.

Youtube views are way more important to me, good point dude.

In terms of popularity at the TIME, doesn't really hold though. Like you said, they can't and couldn't predict the future so there was no telling how successful COG would be (which realistically is still very surprising). BID was the obviously safe choice for LT because it was the poppiest.

Rebellion was the final actual single from THP, but even if we look past that idea, the only reason Final Masquerade was a single was because the label wanted it. It was still SUPPOSED to be the first if LP didn't push for GATS so heavily, so FM can only nab this by circumstance. Hell, in terms of LP, UIG may have been a poppier choice given its classic LP structure (sampled keyboard intro -> heavy instrumental part -> verse -> chorus etc.).

There are certainly cases where the last single WAS the poppiest in LP's discography but I wouldn't really call it a trend.

Rebellion was the final actual single from THP, but even if we look past that idea, the only reason Final Masquerade was a single was because the label wanted it. It was still SUPPOSED to be the first if LP didn't push for GATS so heavily, so FM can only nab this by circumstance. Hell, in terms of LP, UIG may have been a poppier choice given its classic LP structure (sampled keyboard intro -> heavy instrumental part -> verse -> chorus etc.).

Just to add onto this, Mike said he wanted to do a video for Rebellion, but it was time to move on. The song was sent to radio in late 2014 (November I believe).

Even still, Sorry For Now is in no way even the poppiest song on One More Light. That song was the lead single.