Will we get new Linkin Park music in 2013?

hahninator

What do you think the possibility is that the band will release new music this year? I can't believe it hasn't even been a year yet since LIVING THINGS came out. The band has had a lot of downtime since the record has been released compared to other albums, where they seemed to have played a lot more concerts.

Linkin Park has been working on music (the soundtrack + score, apparently) for The Mall since at least September 2012. The soundtrack will be produced by Rob Cavallo and Bill Boyd. The Mall was announced in May 2011, over two years ago.

Additionally, the band has been working on a new album. We have heard basically nothing about The Mall....and you'd even have to search a good bit before you found out that the music is even being worked on by the band. I'm sure they didn't just work on The Mall ONLY from September to now and they are now just starting a new album - they've probably worked on the two interchangeably.

I've heard that the August shows are a one-off tour and they will be returning to the studio afterward.

My question is - will we get some new Linkin Park music this year? Either The Mall music or a new album. Or something else. What do you think?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accord to IMDB the movie is in post production since October 2012, that's the last time the film status was updated. I'm sure the movie comes out sometime this year. It's not a huge movie so I don't think they'll announce the release months in advance.

I'm sure 'Mall' will come out sometime this year, and there will be a LP song or some new LP music for the soundtrack. I don't think a new LP album will be until maybe mid 2014, and then maybe a summer tour to accompany it, then other touring following that, similar to the 2012 touring cycle. I think Chester will continue to work with STP this year as well.

it's looks like we will the get The Mall Soundtrack this year, but the thing with movies that even if they're ready the release date can be delayed. and we don't even have the date yet.

very hard to believe we gonna get new album this year.

but we still have LPU13 :D (which is not NEW music, but could be new for us).

I'm not optimistic. I have a feeling that '13/'14 is the new '05/'06 in Linkin Park terms, but we're getting some cool stuff happening on the side-project front (like in '05/'06) so it's at least not too disappointing that the band might not be too active for now.

and yes, at least there's the yearly LPU to get excited for :)

Please don't forget Stone Temple Pilots, since May 18 have to be in our "fan agenda" too. Chester will write for STP too and if they release a new album will come a tour after that and of course those things will delay the new Linkin Park stuff for a while.

In the other hand i think we will see some LPTV from the studio this year, mixed with some LPTV with Chester in STP (maybe because Fiore was there in the Shows and maybe in the studio too), of course LPTVs related with Mall.

Mid of 2014 is my bet.

I could see maybe a new LP album around Spring 2014 (April, May) if all goes well. I personally don't care how long it takes because LP always releases a great album. I can't wait for Mall. The actual movie and storyline sounds awesome.

Edited by Geki

I'm preparing for this thread to turn into a "X is holding up the album" list :lol:

At this point I don't care if STP holds up the next album. I'm so excited to hear Chester singing this kind of music without any electronic elements. Plus STP fans have been saying that they think the next STP album could drop this year. Apparently they don't takes as much time as LP :P

Also because of that^ I don't think there's anyway LP releases an album this year. If they did I would be wary that it would be worse then LIVING THINGS. I'd rather they take their time and give us another MTM/ATS mixed record, since a Hybrid Theory/ATS record really didn't have the staying power I thought I might. My predication is late 2014 for the 6th studio album.

And like people have said, we still have the Mall and if all else fails LPU13.

I'd personally like them to take longer on records and actually make them good. I think that if they're going to release one every 18 months or so the quality of the songs is going to be compromised even though that sounds like a long time.

I think we'll hear music from The Mall this year but not a new album. Maybe early to mid 2014 for that

Edited by LINKINMARK

Apparently they don't takes as much time as LP

It took them from 2001 to 2010 just to release an album, that is a longer gap than it took for any LP album. Lol. Besides, STP music isn't as complex as LP's albums are.

It took them from 2001 to 2010 just to release an album, that is a longer gap than it took for any LP album. Lol. Besides, STP music isn't as complex as LP's albums are.

they wasn't active as STP from 2002 to 2008.

I think there willl probably be a STP sonin the soundtrack too.

Maybe not, because I don't think STP's music would fit the theme for Mall. LP's music could if done right. It'd have to be pretty dark lyrically. After all, the movie is about someone who shoots up a Mall (I am pretty sure).

i think too they will focus on LPU13 because they not have that much time for new album but if they do it i dont know how they will do it

they don't need to focus on LPU13, they just choose already done demos/anything.

So apparently Mall is based on a novel. I found the excerpt and WHOA

From the award-winning avatar of contemporary urban theater and author of such modern classics as Talk Radio and Drinking in America comes this outrageous novel about five suburbanites whose lives intersect in one violent and life-altering night -- at the local mall. Mal, a thirtysomething speed freak, shoots his mother, torches his house, and heads to the local mall with a sack of weapons and a plan for more mayhem. Danny, a voyeuristic businessman with a fetish for young underwear models, is caught by mall security peeking in dressing rooms at JCPenney. Jeff, a teenager with existential troubles, drops acid and departs on a philosophical nightmare. Donna, a hungry, unsettled housewife, is on the lookout for a one-night stand. Michel, a Haitian immigrant and mall security guard, seeks salvation. All long for a kind of satisfaction, and this longing leads them to the modern plaza of possibility, the shopping mall, where their appetites converge in explosive ways. Satirical and provocative, Mall is an eye-opening look at suburban life and the idea of "normalcy." In this, his first novel, Eric Bogosian delivers a dark, hilarious and biting commentary on an American culture fraught with sex, drugs, violence and congested thinking.

Wow, that description sounds fucking awesome. I am going to go out and buy the book tomorrow. Sounds really cool. I think the movie will be amazing, especially with Hahn directing.