Linkin Park: Record Store Day

hahninator

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guarantee, without a doubt, that there will be more than 3000 copies.

The people behind record store day are notorious for listing the wrong release edition number, even on their own website.

I've seen it range anywhere from being a few thousand off to an entire decimal point off.

I don't wanna dumb this thread, but does anybody know where to order this right now ?

The amazon.ca thing doesn't work for me because I don't own a credit-card. Plus, I heard that the shipping sucks, things don't even arrive and/or the package sucks and the item gets damaged.

For the people frustrated looking for pre-orders, I wouldn't worry. Like others have said, there's often more availability than just "Limited to 3000" or whatever number the labels throw out. Also, a release like "Hybrid Theory" is likely to have a worldwide buy-it-anywhere-you-want release date a couple months after the RSD exclusive period ends.

Either way, I've found RSD releases after the date on Record Store websites. My local store still lists some from last year, for instance. When the date draws closer I'm sure it'll be easier to track down a copy without paying ridiculous eBay prices.

From the official Record Store Website:

"What: The arresting debut album that came to be known by fans and critics alike as one of The Premiere Albums of The Decade! Originally released on October 24, 2000, the album has sold over 10 million copies in the United States alone, where it has since been certified Diamond. Around the world, the album would also garner Multiple Platinum status in over a dozen countries. Hybrid Theory still stands as a contemporary classic in the world of modern rock and alternative music. The bonus 10" EP contains the tracks "One Step Closer" and "My December". This pressing will also contain long out of print poster and original street team sticker re-productions.Here it is reissued on vinyl for the first time in over a decade and cut by Bernie Grundman Mastering to insure the highest possible audio standard.

With: Vinyl Reissued on vinyl for the first time in over a decade. Cut for vinyl exclusively for this release at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Includes exclusive 10" EP featuring the bonus tracks "One Step Closer" and "My December," Featuring exclusive poster. Limited to 3,000 domestic".

LINK: http://www.recordstoreday.com/CustomPage/620

I e-mailed my local record store and they are holding a copy for me on 4/20. Also, they will be selling any remaining inventory after Record Store Day on their website at BullMoose.com if that helps anyone out.

Edited by SergSlim

• 1 month later...

I would buy this but I'm short on money at the moment... Sucks..

EDIT: I'm in luck. There is a record store selling this about 30 minutes away from me. I actually am going to try and drive up there and purchase this. Any idea on price?

in my town it was ~£20, not sure what that is in dollars

it had sold out here (they had x3 copies) but i was too late, I was wandering around with about 5 other people trying to find my local RSD, so I had fun nevertheless :D

So apparently they screwed up on this one. Hearing that copies of the HT vinyl reissue play at the wrong speed. FAIL!

*Edit* Actually, maybe not. Still trying to figure this out.

Edited by Astat

Never got around to going to a local record store today to pick one up. Pretty cool for all you guys that got one, though. I felt like if I went and got it today, I would obsess over collecting tons of LP vinyls, because that's how I am. Haha. So I didn't go.

If my tiny little store had 4 copies then I bet that 3000 number is wrong.

At least one copy of HT was for sale at 11 different Bull Moose Music stores in Maine & New Hampshire, and the location closest to me still had 3 copies in stock this morning. There's another prominent Record Store 'chain' (Newbury Comics) in my region that also had multiple copies.

I'm guessing that since the record was so easy to find in Maine, the number of pressings is off. I know that when 311 released "Soundsystem" on vinyl, for example, they promoted it as "only 2,000 copies pressed" but the real number was 3 times that.

Anyways, end of rant. I'm picking up my copy on Friday, and will let you guys know when the local store puts copies on sale on their website. They have it priced at $26 and free shipping in the US :)

3k seems like a realistic number to me. I think it's pretty save to assume that the original pressing wasn't that many more either.

Maybe someone should get in touch with Bernie Grundmann mastering to confirm this number.

I went to 3 shops in Germany yesterday and didn't find a single one. I heard of many others here that couldn't find one.

EDIT: RSD seems like a great idea to me but in reality it sucks. It might be great in the US but overseas it seems horrible and messy. Shops barely get what they ordered. If you are looking for multiple releases you have to do a lot of searching.

3,000 seems very, very reasonable. Maybe some of you are overestimating the demand for HT on vinyl outside of the diehard community.

RSD worldwide really is a bit of a disaster. The entire thing suffers from bad management issues.