01.03.2013 - Melbourne, Australia - Soundwave

hahninator

On March 1st, Linkin Park plays in Melbourne, Australia at Flemington Racecourse for the sixth show of their New Zealand/Australia Tour. This will be their third Soundwave show of the tour, coming two days after their headline show at Melbourne's Rod Laver Arena on the 27th of February (show page here).

Since the band played a club show in Melbourne in 2001 and played at Rod Laver Arena in 2007 (2 nights), 2010 (2 nights), and 2013, this will only be the third different venue they have played at in the city. However, it will be their seventh show in Melbourne overall.

At the last show in Melbourne, LP did something they've never done before - they gave fans at the show a choice between two songs. 'In The End' is normally the second encore song in Set A (whose encore consists of 'BURN IT DOWN', 'In The End', and 'Bleed it Out), but the band asked if the fans wanted to hear 'A Place For My Head' or 'In The End'. From the video, it seems like 'In The End' had the louder crowd reaction and Chester really wanted to play 'A Place For My Head', but whatever the real reason was....the band decided to deviate and play 'A Place For My Head'. Another interesting thing about the show is that Rob's drum solo during the bridge of 'Bleed It Out' returned - something he hasn't done in quite some time.

One interesting thing to point out is that there are now three festival shows left on this tour. At the Auckland Summit, there was a picture of "Australia Headline Set B", which was the full Set B but it hasn't been played on this tour yet. It seems possible that that setlist was going to be played in Auckland but the band changed to Set A. Anyway, there are two setlists that they have been playing at Soundwave - Festival Set A and Festival Set B, which are both just abbreviated versions of Set A ('TINFOIL'/'Faint' opening) and Set B ('A Place For My Head' opening). Melbourne likely will get the Festival Set B since Set A was played at its headline show.

If you've been away from the site for a day or so, here are several things you might have missed:

- We asked fans in a poll whether they'd be ok with 'A Place For My Head' replacing 'In The End' in one setlist.

- Former LPL staff member shadowfax1007 posted a recording of the Feb 24 Sydney Soundwave show.

- Our 2013 "Live Poll" is going to close after March 4th. Currently, 'P5hng Me A*wy', 'Figure.09' and 'Don't Stay' are the top 3 songs LPLive members want to see played live again.

After this show, the band closes the tour with shows in Adelaide on the 2nd and in Perth on the 4th. For the full 2013 tour schedule including setlists from past shows on this tour, click here.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Papercut

03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

04. New Divide

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. LIES GREED MISERY

08. Points Of Authority

09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. CASTLE OF GLASS

12. LOST IN THE ECHO

13. In The End

14. Numb

15. What I've Done (Piano Intro)

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge)

18. Faint (Ext. Outro)

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

- Festival Set A is a bit longer time-wise than Festival Set B so 'Papercut' was added to this setlist in the #2 spot.

Thanks to Mikey and BlackChester for the setlist updates!

They played it outside the US but only for one Brazil show and that was also the last time. They could easily replace the GOT intro with someting else if that's the issue.

No Set C means When They Come For Me is gone. C overall is a better setlist than A because the encore is sick. But this might spell the end of WTCFM live. It's definitely gone for this tour....we'll see if it comes back later this year. Sucks :( Another non-single to bite the dust.

Yep Festival Set B with what looks like one small change or something. We'll see. Maybe an order change. However they have gone up in "version numbers" before with no legit changes (see the Camden show page for an example).

Yep! Mikeatron85 and BlackChester have it.

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Papercut

03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

04. New Divide

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. LIES GREED MISERY

08. Points Of Authority

09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall Of Noise Outro)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. CASTLE OF GLASS

12. LOST IN THE ECHO

13. In The End

14. Numb

15. What I've Done (Piano Intro)

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge)

18. Faint (Ext. Outro)

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

My favorite setlist of the tour. APFMH and Papercut starting it off. My favorite 2 LP songs. Wow, that's really solid. Faint and OSC closing is fucking great too....I've been a fan of those 2 songs being next to each other since Camden 2008 (http://lplive.net/shows/20080719.php) even though they were reversed. They work in whatever arrangement because both are very kickass tracks.

Also like we discussed in the other thread, it seems Festival Set A is a bit longer time-wise than Festival Set B so the inclusion of Papercut should fix that. The Sydney Soundwave show therefore is the shortest show of the tour time-wise most likely, but the POA incident might make it closer than we think.

That's a SOLID set. Probably one of my favorite LP sets ever. All that it needs is LGM swapped out with Victimized/Qwerty.

Same. Yep if they did that it'd be the best of 2012 and 2013 in my opinion. That's a really great set. I still like Set B in Alpharetta (Camden's set but I like the Alpharetta order better) because of WTCFM, VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY) and the epic encore of TINFOIL, Faint, LFY/Papercut, OSC.

Same. Yep if they did that it'd be the best of 2012 and 2013 in my opinion. That's a really great set. I still like Set B in Alpharetta (Camden's set but I like the Alpharetta order better) because of WTCFM, VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY) and the epic encore of TINFOIL, Faint, LFY/Papercut, OSC.

Yeah dude. The crowd went CRAZY with that encore in Camden. I was in the lawn but everyone was rocking out.

Oh yes. Crowd exploding on LFY...best crowd reaction I've ever seen that song get. Took every single person by surprise even the hardcore fans. So glad I didn't look at the setlist during the Summit earlier in the day.

Was it raining on the lawn during the show? It was sunny, then the sun went down and when I walked out the venue I was like "wtf where did all of this water come from?" lol

kicka** setlist,I loveeeeeeee this one

This set SUCKS.

No The Catalyst in the set is automatically is the worst set for me

I don't give a shit about the energy, I just want a set with normal songs, not with full of singles, except the best one.

it's your own taste,but why everyone is just banging same topic? "singles" "singles" "singles",we can't do anything,it's upto them what to play,& this one is a good set indeed....

kicka** setlist,I loveeeeeeee this one

it's your own taste,but why everyone is just banging same topic? "singles" "singles" "singles",we can't do anything,it's upto them what to play,& this one is a good set indeed....

It's your own taste that this set is good. Berlin 2012 was a good for my taste set because it had Blackout and LITE wasn't played. The best set for me won't be include any song from Meteora.

But it's just me..

This set SUCKS.

No The Catalyst in the set is automatically is the worst set for me

I don't give a shit about the energy, I just want a set with normal songs, not with full of singles, except the best one.

It's funny you say this because I would be the same exact way if they were to drop Given Up. That's one of my favorite LP songs and easily my favorite live LP song. I'm not a fan of The Catalyst at all, but I know how you feel.

It's funny you say this because I would be the same exact way if they were to drop Given Up. That's one of my favorite LP songs and easily my favorite live LP song. I'm not a fan of The Catalyst at all, but I know how you feel.

Not Given Up is my favourite from MTM but it's pretty unique and I like it...because it's from MTM. And The Catalyst is still my favorite LP song ever (maybe I love In Pieces a bit more) maybe because it still has that "What The Fuck Did I Just Heard" feeling that I had after I heard it for the first time. Also, I love it because it became a great live song, the "lift me up" part is a great sing-along part just like the "one-by-one" in In My Remains. And....it's just awesome.

I'm not happy about that there's a set without it, or there's no When They Come From Me or In My Remains in the sets. It just fucking dissapointing. Probably I'm the only one who loved the pre-2012 sets more then the new ones. I miss Jornada, Blackout, The Requiem or BITS or The Messenger or songs from MTM. For the ones who likes the energetic songs, these sets are the paradise, but not for me.