A Place For My Head or In The End?

hahninator

APFMH vs ITE  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Which one would you rather see live?

• A Place For My Head
    • In The End
  2. 2. Would you like LP to drop In The End in ONE of the setlists it is in and replace it with A Place For My Head?

• Yes
    • No

You heard it right - would you rather see A Place For My Head performed or In The End performed at a Linkin Park show? There is a lot of discussion about LP swapping ITE for APFMH in Melbourne. Like it, love it, dislike it, or hate it....vote below!

There are two questions here:

1. Which song would you prefer to see live?

and

2. Would you be ok if LP dropped In The End in one of the setlists it is in for A Place For My Head?

Anyone in their right mind should take APFMH over ITE anytime, anywhere. I seriously think that it replacing the other was just a one off thing though. I do love seeing ITE live, it's a classic and having the crowd sing the bridge is always an awesome part of an LP show. But APFMH is much less common and much more of an energetic song.

My final verdict is:

Posted Image

As biased as I am toward APFMH, I voted for it simply because In The End has been at every show the last 12 years almost. Even though it's the song that got thousands turned on to the band, some songs do get old live if they're played every single night and if you go to multiple shows on a tour you want to see something different. It's great they have given Crawling a break since August 2012 and now they have given In The End a one show rest. Hopefully Numb, New Divide, What I've Done, etc will be next. I love all of the songs but it's great to swap the really big ones out for the others sometimes. In The End was played FIVE times at that venue in Melbourne and SIX times in that city ever. That's a lot. A Place For My Head was played twice in the city and once at that venue. Change it up :)

Muse has started dropping their big singles every show...Plug In Baby....rotating Stockholm Syndrome/New Born and Hysteria/Map Of The Problematique and the fans are fine. The shows are still epic.

People bitching about In The End being gone for one show because the band wanted to play a track for the hardcore fans (they know the hardcore fans love APFMH) should stop complaining, seriously. This is why we can't have nice things. The band seems to really think that they should play almost all of their singles every time they go on stage, and now that they are slowly going away from that (which is a good thing because not all their great songs are singles as we all know) we need to encourage it and not hate on it.

/2cents

I'm going to be surprised if anyone votes for In The End on this site.

To play Devil's Advocate for a minute, there are a lot of pros to ITE. 1) The crowd LOVES IT 2) Sing a long on the bridge is one of my favorite parts of the show 3) Mike going down to the barricade and singing with the crowd.

In Vegas I got Mike right in front of me and that was really cool. HOWEVER, I would have voted for APFMH in a heartbeat even knowing that I wouldn't have Mike there. And I did vote for APFMH in this poll. It's just a better song live.

I still think that it should be in at least one setlist because In The End is arguably their most well known song.

I wouldn't legit want In The End gone completely...if they keep it in 1-2 (out of the 3) setlists then it's completely fine. My complaint as a hardcore fan comes into play when these songs are played every single show: In The End, Numb, Crawling (not anymore), New Divide, etc and these songs are neglected: A Place For My Head (not anymore), With You (not anymore), Points Of Authority (not anymore), Figure.09, etc.

They've done a lot for the hardcore fans since 2012 and it's very appreciated. Bringing the older songs back was great...the ATS Tour really lacked any older songs that were non-singles.

Yeah, if this was a poll before the HCT started and it was like a choice between APFMH and Crawling or something like that, it'd be a no-brainer. For as stale as ITE is as a whole these days, it's still a solid live song. I've never really had any complaints about them continuing to play that one, it's literally their biggest song ever.

If I HAVE to pick just one, I'm going to go with APFMH because it's a superior song in pretty much every way possible, but there would be a part of me that would miss In the End too.

Edited by Astat

Anyone in their right mind should take APFMH over ITE anytime, anywhere. I seriously think that it replacing the other was just a one off thing though. I do love seeing ITE live, it's a classic and having the crowd sing the bridge is always an awesome part of an LP show. But APFMH is much less common and much more of an energetic song.

My final verdict is:

Posted Image

+1. Drop Numb, BTH, WID, ND, WFTE, and Medley. I saw both song in 2008 and it was awesome. APFMH was destroyed the festival and no one knew the lyrics around me whahaha what a fucking losers :lol:

Edited by xdespisedkidx

Not a good question to ask here at LPL.... of course APFMH wins here. Whereas the whole fanbase (which you can't ask of course ^^) would probably choose ITE.

I voted for APFMH because it got played much less than ITE although I have to say that APFMH already lost some coolness because they play it a lot lately.

It's time to vary all the rare songs. So everything gets played but stays kind of special.

Voted for APFMH. I would like to hear it replace In The End at every show. I have seen both live. I have seen ITE live 14 times. I have seen APFMH live 3 times. (Manchester (NH), Edgefest and Camden). I enjoyed APMFH much more.

Anyone in their right mind should take APFMH over ITE anytime, anywhere.

Negative. Ive never seen LP in concert before, and while APFMH might be the crazier song I like ITE better as its always been one of my favorite LP songs

I've come to the conclusion that they will never drop In The End, New Divide and What I've Done. I know they dropped ITE but that was only for one show. They need to drop LGM for APFMH.

APFMH. ITE was played enough but APFMH isn't.

I agree with that. Play ITE as much as you want but give APFMH some more plays. Thankfully this tour they've been doing that. APFMH in almost every set is perfect.

I've come to the conclusion that they will never drop In The End, New Divide and What I've Done. I know they dropped ITE but that was only for one show. They need to drop LGM for APFMH.

What about Numb? New Divide really needs to go. I like ITE live (although I like APFMH a LOT more) and I like What I've Done. Wish WID had the AMBO intro still.

Drop LGM for NMS, APFMH or Figure.09.

Even hypothetically I just can't picture a Linkin Park show without In The End. No matter how much I love APFMH, I just don't think it should replace their original biggest hit. Impossible. Now if you wanna talk about replacing Shadow of the Day with APFMH, that's a different story :D