01.03.2013 - Melbourne, Australia - Soundwave

hahninator

I definitely wouldn't judge a setlist as bad just because it is missing my favorite song. An example is the 2009 setlist. Stuttgart 2009 is probably my favorite LP show ever that I've seen. It also was missing both Papercut and A Place For My Head - my two favorite LP songs. But wow the flow of the set was so perfect and it was an amazing show. It still had other great songs, like POA w/ Reading My Eyes outro, an awesome Numb -> BTH transition on keyboard, etc. And a sweet encore.

I will judge a setlist bad if it does have my favorite song though and it is a shitty show. Atlanta 2011. One of the worst LP shows I've seen and hell it opened with Papercut for the first time since 2003. Just examples of how it can go both ways. Look at more than whether your favorite song is included when you're judging how good a show is.

I definitely wouldn't judge a setlist as bad just because it is missing my favorite song. An example is the 2009 setlist. Stuttgart 2009 is probably my favorite LP show ever that I've seen. It also was missing both Papercut and A Place For My Head - my two favorite LP songs. But wow the flow of the set was so perfect and it was an amazing show. It still had other great songs, like POA w/ Reading My Eyes outro, an awesome Numb -> BTH transition on keyboard, etc. And a sweet encore.

I will judge a setlist bad if it does have my favorite song though and it is a shitty show. Atlanta 2011. One of the worst LP shows I've seen and hell it opened with Papercut for the first time since 2003. Just examples of how it can go both ways. Look at more than whether your favorite song is included when you're judging how good a show is.

You have a good point, but there are songs in the set that I hate and IMO they are not as good as The Catalyst or In My Remains or WTCFM.

My situation is different then your on the ones who lives in the USA or in Germany for example. I live in Hungary, I they've never been in Hungary ever. If LP ever come here and I would be there and for example they not play TC. I would be fucking dissapointed, becuse know my situation, it would be the first and the last time to see the band live.

Edited by raulgabi

Was it raining on the lawn during the show? It was sunny, then the sun went down and when I walked out the venue I was like "wtf where did all of this water come from?" lol

I was on the border of the lawn and the seats... It rained fairly heavily for like half of the concert (I remember seeing lightning on the way to the show) I think it stopped after Catalyst or so.

And god DAMN this set is epic. This tour has been fun, things have changed with almost every show

You have a good point, but there are songs in the set that I hate and IMO they are not as good as The Catalyst or In My Remains or WTCFM.

My situation is different then your on the ones who lives in the USA or in Germany for example. I live in Hungary, I they've never been in Hungary ever. If LP ever come here and I would be there and for example they not play TC. I would be fucking dissapointed, becuse know my situation, it would be the first and the last time to see the band live.

I would be so pissed if they not play APFMH in Hungary :D. Glad I saw it in Venezia. :)

Edited by xdespisedkidx

I was on the border of the lawn and the seats... It rained fairly heavily for like half of the concert (I remember seeing lightning on the way to the show) I think it stopped after Catalyst or so.

And god DAMN this set is epic. This tour has been fun, things have changed with almost every show

Yeah, it poured for like more than the first half of the set. Everyone ended up taking their shirt off and stuff. In a way, though, it was the best experience I've ever had at a LP show because it was like the fans united in a way I have never seen before. Everyone was jumping around laughing and smiling and singing the song together at the top of their lungs. It's crazy how music can bring such a large group of people who don't each other together. It's a magical feeling almost.

Saw this on LPA.

Thought for a minute the crowd wasn't going to be into it lol...huge break by Mike before he starts the song and the crowd is pretty quiet it sounds like. Then they explode when the song kicks in haha. Great video.

The Catalyst just wouldn't have worked for the Aussie festival crowd. Those of you who live here can probably attest to this as well. The song just isn't very well known here and to play one like that which lasts for 6 minutes, you run a severe risk of completely derailing the show (crowd response-wise). Songs like COG and LITE they can get away with since they're so short. Having said that, placing COG and LITE together in the set almost had the exact same effect. Anyone who was at these shows would probably agree that this was the point where the crowd died off most. Luckily, things picked up tenfold once the big singles started coming in after that point.

The Catalyst just wouldn't have worked for the Aussie festival crowd. Those of you who live here can probably attest to this as well. The song just isn't very well known here and to play one like that which lasts for 6 minutes, you run a severe risk of completely derailing the show (crowd response-wise). Songs like COG and LITE they can get away with since they're so short. Having said that, placing COG and LITE together in the set almost had the exact same effect. Anyone who was at these shows would probably agree that this was the point where the crowd died off most. Luckily, things picked up tenfold once the big singles started coming in after that point.

Strange because LITE is fucking awesome. It reminds me of Hybrid Theory. I love it. I don't care though. At least I got to see it live in the US and I went off.

Strange because LITE is fucking awesome. It reminds me of Hybrid Theory. I love it. I don't care though. At least I got to see it live in the US and I went off.

Same dude, LOVE that song and LOVE it live. I guess people just weren't as into it because they weren't familiar with it. It barely made a splash on radio/TV airplay here :(

Edited to say that having TWO unfamiliar songs to the general public did put the set at risk of losing some of the audience. It was actually during this point of the set that most people who thought they were then going to get a good spot in front of the Metallica stage started shifting (fools - the D barrier was typically locked off by that point at most of the shows).

Edited by Narc85