Warner Re-Release Hybrid Theory Vinyl?

Mr_wil5on

It's listed on the official Record Store Day page @ http://www.recordstoreday.com/CustomPage/620

"Vinyl Reissued on vinyl for the first time in over a decade. Cut for vinyl exclusively for this release at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Includes exclusive 10” EP featuring the bonus tracks “One Step Closer”

and “My December,” Featuring exclusive poster. Limited to 3,000 domestic"

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think we'll get clean cover with the sticker on foil or something like that. Wondering if it'll be packaged like a bundle - together or HT and OSC as separate, sealed items.

Double post just to bump this thread.

So some preorders have been cancelled, some preorder pages have been taken down and some preorders are no longer available. Does anyone have ANY place where they think they can get the release? From what I got to know Warner Music Poland will distribute some copies here, don't know how many.

The price is 19.21 USD and no info about the bonus OSC vinyl single.

• 2 weeks later...

Upon my request in March my local record RSD record store told me to ask again in early April because they don't got any information from Warner at that time.

Last week the store got the information and asked me if he should order one for me. It's 30 € ...

I also pre ordered on amazon.de that makes two chances to get it ^^

Edited by wiiesel

As far as local stores have the chance to get it i don't think either amazon.ca, .com or even .de will get it. Expect preorder cancellation soon :P I have my copy secured in 4 places now :E Will see if any of them actually delivers what I want :P

The reason preorders are being cancelled is because it's against Record Store Day policy for any of their participating retailers to reserve items for customers (they have problems with this every year, it's not some oddity with this particular item or anything). You're supposed to only be able to purchase Record Store Day items on Record Store Day. Most retailers won't have any idea what kind of stock they're getting for the event until they get their shipments in. My local store's truck will be coming in on the 18th, and based on the size of the store and the number of copies of this particular item, they're probably only going to get one copy, maybe two. And the only way for me to get one is to go wait in line for the store to open the morning of the 20th and hope nobody else gets it before I do. That's basically the entire basis of what Record Store Day is supposed to be.

Edited by Astat

The reason preorders are being cancelled is because it's against Record Store Day policy for any of their participating retailers to reserve items for customers (they have problems with this every year, it's not some oddity with this particular item or anything). You're supposed to only be able to purchase Record Store Day items on Record Store Day. Most retailers won't have any idea what kind of stock they're getting for the event until they get their shipments in. My local store's truck will be coming in on the 18th, and based on the size of the store and the number of copies of this particular item, they're probably only going to get one copy, maybe two. And the only way for me to get one is to go wait in line for the store to open the morning of the 20th and hope nobody else gets it before I do. That's basically the entire basis of what Record Store Day is supposed to be.

I know the RSD part so that's why I asked in so many places..hopefully I will get one copy <3

About the queue in front of the store: hah almost like new iPhone/iPad sales :D Get a tent :lol:

yeah, in-store is definitely the priority.

the place I'm hoping to get it from doesn't make them available online until a month after RSD, that's if they have stock left

Good fuckin' luck to you guys trying to get it on RSD. I always hear horror stories about trying to get RSD exclusives, stories like people grabbing records right out of eachother's hands, cutting in line, threats...

I'm going to go spectate at my local store that day but I sure as hell am not going to try and buy anything.

Good fuckin' luck to you guys trying to get it on RSD. I always hear horror stories about trying to get RSD exclusives, stories like people grabbing records right out of eachother's hands, cutting in line, threats...

I'm going to go spectate at my local store that day but I sure as hell am not going to try and buy anything.

I'm half tempted to carry a shank. :lol:

what day is record store day? I thought it was back in March...? it helps to read sometimes...

on the subject of frenzy - I bet tons of people go just to get rare stuff so they can flog it for a fuck-load on ebay. chivalrous.

The only place that is selling the record is about an hour drive for me. Sucks. I want to get it, but I don't want to drive that far just to have someone else already buy it. I want it really bad. I might have to go and be there early before they open to get it. I don't know anyone in my entire city or area that even likes LP, let alone would go out of their way to get this but you never know.

I don't know anyone in my entire city or area that even likes LP, let alone would go out of their way to get this but you never know.

yeah, like I said, some people will be buying purely for the resale value.

it's lame that an event designed to encourage people to support local stores would inadvertently cause problems for people who intend to treasure the item, but that's life I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...