Warner Re-Release Hybrid Theory Vinyl?

Mr_wil5on

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't colored vinyls usually suffer in sound quality because they're made somewhat differently? I think I might be off the mark, I'm not really up to scuff on vinyl.

Not that any of us are really buying this to play it, let's be real.

Oh. I thought colored would mean it had some sort of variation of the album cover on it

There's color vinyls: http://lpcatalog.com/item/2008_given-up/vi...054391994066_eu

and picture vinyls: http://lpcatalog.com/item/2007_bleed-it-ou...054391997616_eu

Don't colored vinyls usually suffer in sound quality because they're made somewhat differently? I think I might be off the mark, I'm not really up to scuff on vinyl.

From what I've read yes, it even seems the color makes a difference too but it mostly seems to depend on the pressing plant how well they are made and the quality control.

But honestly who would really play it? Even back in the days those were just collectors items.

Can't wait to own this! I have ATS & LT on wax. This will make a good addition to the collection, especially being colored vinyl. I hope it turns out to be 180gram, too, since the record is so short. LT looks cool on white but I wish it wasn't so flimsy.

I hope this is a sign that LP/Warner plan on releasing everything on affordable and/or special edition wax.

now that would be pretty cool

speculations though :P

also, out of interest, what is "Record Store Day"?

I'm guessing it's a US thing since I've never heard of anything similar in the UK/EU...

now that would be pretty cool

speculations though :P

also, out of interest, what is "Record Store Day"?

I'm guessing it's a US thing since I've never heard of anything similar in the UK/EU...

Yeah US only, something like Black Friday type of thing :P Edited by michalangelo

so stuff's cheaper in the US then?

seems a pretty good idea - encourage physical sales and whatnot...

Don't know about the price but what I ment was that only US has such things like Black Friday (haven't seen it anywhere besides US) From what I got to know Record Store Day was "founded" in the US now it's global (weird that this is the first time I get to know about it) so my bad. :P

The thing is to "issue special vinyl and CD releases along with other promotional products to mark the occasion."

edit: Woco could you edit the 1st post with links and info we already have? Thx.

Edited by michalangelo

Don't know about the price but what I ment was that only US has such things like Black Friday (haven't seen it anywhere besides US) From what I got to know Record Store Day was "founded" in the US now it's global (weird that this is the first time I get to know about it) so my bad. :P

The thing is to "issue special vinyl and CD releases along with other promotional products to mark the occasion."

edit: Woco could you edit the 1st post with links and info we already have? Thx.

ok, i get it now. black friday's about sales (from my limited understanding) but this is different.

I wish we had something similar globally - it would be nice to have an excuse to throw money at a special edition every once in a while :P

Vinyl hasn't been the dominant medium of music in over twenty years. There are going to be tons of younger people who have no idea what a vinyl record is, because CDs and digital downloads are dominant now. That's like a seventy year old man being depressed by the fact that people don't know what shellac records are. Get over it.

lmao

Anyways. I plan to buy this thing whenever it does come out. They should re-release all of the main albums.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea if this confirms it, but I found a List of Warner releases:

http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/WB-...ay-420-20130301

Says thy will be pressed in a limited QTY of 3000. Will include the 10" Single of One Step Closer and an Old School Street Team Sticker.

I'm pumped for this and the Deftones "Selections" Vinyl's. Definitely gotta mark my calendar for this day ^__^

No idea if this confirms it, but I found a List of Warner releases:

http://music.broadwayworld.com/article/WB-...ay-420-20130301

Says thy will be pressed in a limited QTY of 3000. Will include the 10" Single of One Step Closer and an Old School Street Team Sticker.

I'm pumped for this and the Deftones "Selections" Vinyl's. Definitely gotta mark my calendar for this day ^__^

Yet we need an official WB info on this. It just confuses people: we will get HT+OSC or just HT or maybe just OSC with poster and sticker? Nobody knows :)