07.11.2012 - Cape Town, South Africa - LPU Summit #7

hahninator

Linkin Park's FIRST EVER appearance on the continent of Africa comes on November 7th, when they play in Cape Town, South Africa at Cape Town Stadium. After two off days, the band plays Johannesburg on the 10th at FNB Stadium before heading home. So for a short two show "tour", these shows are sure to be packed since both stadiums hold HUGE crowds and both shows have sold a LOT of tickets.

Built in 2010 for the FIFA World Cup, the stadium has held concerts by U2, Neil Diamond, Coldplay, and Kings Of Leona and after the Linkin Park show it will be hosting Lady Gaga and the Red Hot Chili Peppers in the next few months. The official capacity for the stadium is 55,000 but it is currently unclear (at least to us) how many tickets were sold for the LP show and how much the capacity for the performance is since there will be a huge stage in the arena. It doesn't look like the stage will even be at one end of the arena, though.

The promoter has posted a FAQ document which basically has everything you need to know about Linkin Park's first ever show in South Africa. Basically the only highlight of this document is that the band Kongos will be opening both the Cape Town and Johannesburg shows.

And also, the 7th LPU Summit will be held at this show! The Summit starts at 9:00am local time and will include some fun events....although the list of activities isn't out as far as we can tell from the LPU website. A Music For Relief tree planting activity in Cape Town (including some members of the LP touring crew) is taking place on November 6th.

As far as the setlists go for these two shows, it wouldn't be surprising to see either two of the setlists from the Honda Civic Tour being used in Cape Town and Johannesburg, or even the same setlist twice (maybe US Set A). What do you think? It's surprising that 'Castle Of Glass' hasn't been included in any setlist yet since the video just came out, but it is unknown if the band has even rehearsed it yet. Do you think it will be played soon?

Coming off of a very successful five show South American tour, including a show in Buenos Aires, Argentina and four shows in Brazil, the band is wrapping up 2012 in style with two stadium shows in South Africa.

Is anyone from LPLive going to Cape Town and the LPU Summit?

For the full 2012 tour recap including past dates, setlists and more, click here. After the Johannesburg show on the 10th, Linkin Park plays the American Music Awards at LA's Nokia Theatre on November 18th.

SOUNDCHECK SETLIST (for LPU Summit attendees):

01. Faint (Ext. Outro)

02. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

03. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

04. IN MY REMAINS

05. New Divide

06. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

SHOW SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; 2012 Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. IN MY REMAINS

08. New Divide

09. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

10. Points Of Authority

11. LIES GREED MISERY

12. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' rap; Ext. Outro)

13. Breaking The Habit

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' lyrics tease (Mike/Chester))

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Bridge w/ Beastie Boys' 'Sabotage'; Ext. Outro)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because they are going to SA for the very 1st time,they should play COG & Powerless....... & stadium is my fav arena type,Wish crowd would be awesome

I think I should ask them about crowd count,seems like there will be an opening band,not sure,check out there tweets

I seriously hope they debut either I'll Be Gone, Castle Of Glass or Powerless at this show. Maybe even Until It Breaks since Mike said he wanted to play that song live. Either way, these shows will be epic and I can't wait to hear the DSP's.

Well, the band members haven't posted anything about rehearsals in between the South American tour and this tour, so I don't really expect them to play new stuff. Hopfefully I'm wrong. The live debut of Castle Of Glass would be nice.

Edited by danielpsoad-09

i dont know if its sold out, i know the pit sold out in like 2 days. I know atleast 20 people going so it will be pretty full, if not sold out. I feel like the only one not going, bad timing for them though exams are almost done, could they not have waited :/

it's not a few hours, driving there would take about 2-3 hours so thats 5-6 in total. One has to go early to get a good parking spot or one at all. So i'd begoing at around 2-4 and coming back at 2-4. That's 12 hours. And i'm doing honors, so the exams are hard. Trust me, i'd go if i could

<br />it's not a few hours, driving there would take about 2-3 hours so thats 5-6 in total. One has to go early to get a good parking spot or one at all. So i'd begoing at around 2-4 and coming back at 2-4. That's 12 hours. And i'm doing honors, so the exams are hard. Trust me, i'd go if i could

I used to think I'm the only "unlucky" one in this world,there're many out there lol,what a bad luck you've,but when it comes to future,you should go for study,study is imp than a show,but if it was me,I'd've never missed the show,trust me :(, on the other hand,I can understand your problem,honors is killer ,I left honors & picked the right path,because govt was just testing students @ that time